Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Sam-427739 said: From my highly scientific poll of 5 married brothers and a pile of male friends, yes, a man will pursue. He may need...
(Quote) Sam-427739 said: From my highly scientific poll of 5 married brothers and a pile of male friends, yes, a man will pursue. He may need some encouragement to continue. If he doesn't, he's not sufficiently interested.

Man up, gentlemen!
--hide--

Correction, If there's no "encouragement" from the woman because she's a dud, then he should have some respect for himself and no longer pursue. Kick that one to the curb and move on. lol
Apr 9th 2013 new

smart answer!

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Angeline-813577 said: smart answer!
(Quote) Angeline-813577 said:

smart answer!

--hide--

If that's in reference to me, then thank you Angeline. biggrin
Apr 9th 2013 new

I think if a man is interested he will pursue. However, I think it's important that we all be realistic about the persons we hope to attract or who will return our interest. CM is a very challenging environment for meeting someone because we can throw lots of excuses out there for why a person is not for us - based on location, age, pictures. I think it is important that we have an open mind and get to know someone before we write them off.

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Elise-590617 said: Like your example of the saplings and intertwining trees, Gary and I agree with what...
(Quote) Elise-590617 said:

Like your example of the saplings and intertwining trees, Gary and I agree with what both Naomi and yourself had to say. However, having grown up with 6' tall men in my family, I got the shivers when I thought that I could have been matched at birth with a 4' 10" Chinese man like my maternal Grandmother was.

--hide--

You see, arranged marriages work in theory. In practice? Not always. I think as a theory it works better, at least. My parents would not be good at picking someone for me -- that would be a disaster, for sure. Unfortunately, sometimes "for better or for worse" turns toward "for worse". :(

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Con-888377 said: Someone blew their nose in it and the Health Dept zapped it with a flame thrower! I think it was...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Someone blew their nose in it and the Health Dept zapped it with a flame thrower! I think it was Nostril-Damus! Aaaaagh! Chooo! (sorry)

--hide--

Now I can see your face! That was a Beatles song too.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Gary-936836 said: You see, arranged marriages work in theory. In practice? Not always. I t...
(Quote) Gary-936836 said:

You see, arranged marriages work in theory. In practice? Not always. I think as a theory it works better, at least. My parents would not be good at picking someone for me -- that would be a disaster, for sure. Unfortunately, sometimes "for better or for worse" turns toward "for worse". :(

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing www.youtube.com

Apr 11th 2013 new

I appreciate the complement Angeline. smile

Apr 11th 2013 new

I have sent out dozens of emotes or messages in the past to women I find intriguing. Often times, for whatever reason, they then view my profile and choose not to reply (which is okay). Perhaps they weren't as interested as I was. When women have initiated viewing my profile and leave no message or emote I still go to view their profile and see what's what. Sometimes I am interested and send a message and sometimes I am not. I don't think that someone choosing to not reply makes them a bad person. I think it means they are just not interested and don't feel the need to reply and have pointless conversations. After all, we're all here to find that special one right? It's a tough game even on the internet to try to find that special someone. So many times I have viewed a profile and thought to myself, "Man this lady sounds great. I'd really like to try to get to know her" only for it to go nowhere. If we all keep our heads up and stay active, we will find that person whether it is on here or out in the world face to face. Trust in God's plan for us.

Often times people come to online sites because they are shy (like myself). Many times people are shy online as well. I am more comfortable online sending an emote or a message to someone than trying to cold talk to a stranger I find attractive. Out in the world I have been interested in women I know but the possibility of rejection is so overwhelming that it has crippled me into not pursuing them.

Apr 11th 2013 new

The guy I met here & who is my friend--well, I sent him a "hello" emoticon about this time last year. I did not have a full membership at the time. It took about 6 months for him to reply. I never asked why it might have taken so long altho I am somewhat curious. Once he sent me a message to actually read, I joined & we began messaging back & forth daily even after we had our F2F.

I was advised to let the man set up the first 3 meetings/dates. Even though I have suggested some activities we might both enjoy, I have tried to stay true to the advise of letting the man take the lead.

Posts 111 - 120 of 123