Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Some of the peoples whose profiles have not been on the site for years but are still on and naturally they cannot receive your message to answer back. Does anybody else have this problem.

Apr 9th 2013 new

WELCOME!

There's no easy way to tell how "old" a profile is. There are a number of active members with member numbers of 4 digits...or less!
All you can really do is send out emote and hope for the best...and participate in the forums, because everyone here is alive. Or, at least faking it well. wink

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: Some of the peoples whose profiles have not been on the site for years but are still on and natura...
(Quote) Fred-907946 said:

Some of the peoples whose profiles have not been on the site for years but are still on and naturally they cannot receive your message to answer back. Does anybody else have this problem.

--hide--

Profiles are deleted from the site at about 18 mos after the member has ceased to log into the site. There are members who don't pay for a membership so they cannot read your message. There are lots of other members who just choose not to respond for their own personal reasons.. You just have to keep sending those messages out and eventually the right person will write back.

Apr 10th 2013 new

I think CM should keep the site updated on a daily basis, it would not be that hard to program their computer to do this, by not updating it gives them the appearance of having a lot more members on the rolls than they actually have. I have talked to some people at church and they do not renew because of this. They charge enough for the service so they should keep it updated.

Apr 10th 2013 new

I may be old, my membership number may be old but I keep my pictures and profiles current. Sadly that's not always the case with some 'older' members who have been here a very long time and still have the same pictures, seriously, we ALL change, be it hair color/syle, no hair, facial hair (of course I'm speaking of men) so why some folks don't update their pictures or maybe their profiles is a puzzle all around.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I think CM should keep the site updated on a daily basis, it would not be that hard to program the...
(Quote) Fred-907946 said:

I think CM should keep the site updated on a daily basis, it would not be that hard to program their computer to do this, by not updating it gives them the appearance of having a lot more members on the rolls than they actually have. I have talked to some people at church and they do not renew because of this. They charge enough for the service so they should keep it updated.

--hide--

Ummm... DAILY?? How would that work exactly? I go on vacation and don't log in for a week I should be struck from the site? irked

Apr 11th 2013 new

I did not if you are not on the site everday. If you do not renew your membership and when it expires it should be removed that day it does make sense to be sending out messages to somebody that cannot receive them. The computer could be programed easily to do this. As long as you are a paid up member you stay on the site regardless rather you use it or not. But if you do not renew you should be removed.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: WELCOME! There's no easy way to tell how "old" a profile is. T...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

WELCOME!

There's no easy way to tell how "old" a profile is. There are a number of active members with member numbers of 4 digits...or less!
All you can really do is send out emote and hope for the best...and participate in the forums, because everyone here is alive. Or, at least faking it well.

--hide--

Well said Margaret.
Apr 11th 2013 new
Can you delete your profile or change status to unavailable?
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Can you delete your profile or change status to unavailable?
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Can you delete your profile or change status to unavailable?
--hide--
Yes

Posts 1 - 10 of 40