Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

04/09/2013 new

Denise,

I think maybe you mean DMT2, related to obesity. Then, there is "juvenile onset DM" - kids lack insulin since immune system destroys
cells that make it. They end up in the ICU without insulin.
First one, we can fix with lifestyle change and meds temporarily if it is not too far,
the second, as far as I know, I cant fix with lifestyle/food/natural approach.

Do you have a link for that doctor who can do it ?

It is fine with me if parents of a child decide to see naturopathic doctor. I just dont follow them anymore if it is clearly dangerous,
like with the insulin dependent diabetes or I try to negotiate with them in the interest of the child and see where we get.

Katarina

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Katarina-331534 said: Hi Alex, I am so glad that the pill works great for you.The "evil pill" ...
(Quote) Katarina-331534 said:

Hi Alex,

I am so glad that the pill works great for you.
The "evil pill" is a medication as any other - may have side effects.

I prescribe them a lot to teenage girls with certain hormonal conditions, not for contraceptive reasons, since I do hormone specialty in children.
One of the conditions is getting more common in teens due to obesity, but some girls and many women have the condition due to their genetics.
Their ovaries make much more testosterone than they should.....
It causes bad acne, very irregular, heavy, long, painful cycles, leading to anemia AND hair growth in places where they dont want it at all...
Pill will make those symptoms go away.

Some woman have much higher estrogen levels on their own, than they would on low dose pill.
Risk of cancer is higher with higher estrogen and with higher weight (KFC ?)
Risk of clots is higher with higher estrogen and with higher weight...

Some woman have a seizure condition that gets worse with cycles regardless of seizure meds. Seizures have risks.
Some girls have very bad PMS and pill makes life much better.

Pills can have side effects as any other medication. Screening for risk factors is crucial.

Blood clots have risk factors...if patient is a smoker for years, bad family history, obese, does not exercise...blaming it on the pill is way too simple. Pregnancy causes very high estrogen levels and has high risk of clots, too.

--hide--

I would not want to get into a detailed discussion about these type of treatment options because I really don't have the expertise to discuss such things. I would, however, recommend checking out the following websites. The Pope Paul VI Institute

www.popepaulvi.com

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Katarina-331534 said: Hi Alex, I am so glad that the pill works great for you.The "evil pill" ...
(Quote) Katarina-331534 said:

Hi Alex,

I am so glad that the pill works great for you.
The "evil pill" is a medication as any other - may have side effects.

I prescribe them a lot to teenage girls with certain hormonal conditions, not for contraceptive reasons, since I do hormone specialty in children.
One of the conditions is getting more common in teens due to obesity, but some girls and many women have the condition due to their genetics.
Their ovaries make much more testosterone than they should.....
It causes bad acne, very irregular, heavy, long, painful cycles, leading to anemia AND hair growth in places where they dont want it at all...
Pill will make those symptoms go away.

Some woman have much higher estrogen levels on their own, than they would on low dose pill.
Risk of cancer is higher with higher estrogen and with higher weight (KFC ?)
Risk of clots is higher with higher estrogen and with higher weight...

Some woman have a seizure condition that gets worse with cycles regardless of seizure meds. Seizures have risks.
Some girls have very bad PMS and pill makes life much better.

Pills can have side effects as any other medication. Screening for risk factors is crucial.

Blood clots have risk factors...if patient is a smoker for years, bad family history, obese, does not exercise...blaming it on the pill is way too simple. Pregnancy causes very high estrogen levels and has high risk of clots, too.

--hide--

I would not want to get into a detailed discussion about these type of treatment options because I really don't have the expertise to discuss such things. I would, however, recommend checking out the following websites. The Pope Paul VI Institute

www.popepaulvi.com

04/09/2013 new

I would not want to get into a detailed discussion about these type of treatment options because I really don't have the expertise to discuss such things. I would, however, recommend checking out the following websites. The Pope Paul VI Institute and Dr. Hilgers have done much research in these areas to find alternative treatment methods that are much healthier for women. Unfortunately, mainstream medicine has chosen to ignore most of this information...

www.popepaulvi.com

www.drhilgers.com

www.naprotechnology.com

04/09/2013 new

Katarina - I have read articles on naturopathic physicians that have healed diabetes with natural medicine. I did not keep the articles because they did not apply to me. When I do find any articles that relate to this topic in the future, I will send them to you. I doubt though, if you will agree with them because you believe in conventional medicine.

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: (Quote) Edward-4511 said: I think Peter might have made his point better if...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Quote:
Edward-4511 said:

I think Peter might have made his point better if he had pointed out that ALL MATTER is made up of chemicals. Remember Star Trek: The Motion Picture when the Ilia-probe referred to humans as "carbon-based units"?

Not to be nit picking here but not all matter is made up from chemicals. Far from actually. Chemicals is atoms in various combination but there are for example far more neutrinos in the universe than atoms. And neutrinos have mass and is a fundamental part of all matter but isn't part of any atom. Then we have the mysterious dark matter which we haven't a clue what it is but there is far, far more of it in the universe than ordinary matter such as atoms and neutrinos.

--hide--
Point taken.
04/09/2013 new

(Quote) That being said, when filling in my profile, I answered the question about contraception as "No". I felt that I did not wa...
(Quote)

That being said, when filling in my profile, I answered the question about contraception as "No". I felt that I did not want someone to later find out my past and be upset. I am being open and honest about my past. Sometimes I feel that maybe I am missing out on some great guys because I answered "No". Was I wrong to answer "No" in an attempt to be honest about my past?

--hide--

I think the real question is, what was the intent for the medication? Pope Paul VI in "Humane Vitae" was clear that medication / medical treatments that caused infertility were not intrinsicly evil, and the intent of the treatment needed to be considered. If you're taking a drug that causes infertility (temporary or otherwise) and living a chaste life then there really shouldn't be a problem, because you're not using the drug to control birth. You're method of birth control is chastity.

04/10/2013 new

Hi Denise,

It is really not about what I believe in or what conventional or naturopathic medicine believes. I would like to see the articles and lab testing of the patients who were successful. I wish every day there was a cure for juvenile diabetes.
Millions of patients are still taking up to 5 injections a day, unless they can be on insulin pump. Tons of money going into research for decades.

I assume, that if the cure was really known, the scientist would have been on news receiving Nobel price in medicine.

OK, time to go to bed:-) Katarina

04/10/2013 new

I have been following this topic . The topic is about the Pill but I do not know why am I reading comments posted about INSULIN? I do not understand the link between the two .

04/10/2013 new

Katarina - In the future I can provide you with the articles, but as far as the lab test results, the patients would have to be a patient of a naturopathic physician. There is a cure for juvenile diabetes--patients have to work with a naturopathic physician to guide them. There is big business with Big Pharma. Big Pharma makes a lot of money with pharmaceuticals.

Vivienne - I agree with you. We have gone off topic here in this post. Let's stick with the Pill. We are just going around and around. I only posted the original article "The Pill Kills" for informational and educational purposes.

Posts 21 - 30 of 44