Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/10/2013 new

So how do you handle unexplained dropped responses after previous, frequent, very pleasant exchanges of the type you describe, Pat? This sort of behavior really freaks me out when there's no explanation provided!

04/10/2013 new

Marie, there is nothing you can do. If people want to be like that, at this age, we are not going to teach them differently!

If you want, you can send an email saying, I am sorry that after our X exchanges of messages on here that you appear to no longer wish to communicate, given that you have not responded to my message of x weeks ago. I enjoyed talking to you, and wish you all the best.

That way you get the last word (if that matters to you), and maybe just maybe, someone will get the idea that they should have "ended" it more properly than to have just faded away.

But most people won't get the message, so you will be wasting your breath in general.

But if it makes you feel better than do it.

Sometimes I do, but most of the time I don't care enough!

Bottom line is they are not interested. They found someone else, something else more important has come up, their subscription expired and they don't care anymore...whatever it may be....they are not interested.

04/10/2013 new

Only if your phone has a dedicated keyboard. rolling eyes

04/10/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Only if your phone has a dedicated keyboard.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Only if your phone has a dedicated keyboard.

--hide--

Well your phone should have the T9 method on there to spell words out.
04/10/2013 new

I've got the kind of phone that when you show it to the Sprint salesman, he says, "Whoooooaaa! I've never seen one of these before. My granddad told me about these, but..."
laughing

04/10/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I've got the kind of phone that when you show it to the Sprint salesman, he says, "Whoooooaaa! I'...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I've got the kind of phone that when you show it to the Sprint salesman, he says, "Whoooooaaa! I've never seen one of these before. My granddad told me about these, but..."

--hide--

Funny!!!
04/10/2013 new

Thanks for your input, Pat. I need to work on accepting the fact that the person is simply not interested. I guess I'm mad at myself for hoping a relationship was developing.

04/10/2013 new
(Quote) Marie-597818 said: Thanks for your input, Pat. I need to work on accepting the fact that the person is simply not interested. I gu...
(Quote) Marie-597818 said:

Thanks for your input, Pat. I need to work on accepting the fact that the person is simply not interested. I guess I'm mad at myself for hoping a relationship was developing.

--hide--

Hi Marie,

That is frustrating. It's also frustrating when a person has no motivation to email you consistently. The "lukewarm" I call them. Maybe you're dealing with one of those and you'll get a surprise email from one of them all of a sudden. Actually just block them from your list so if that's the case they get stonewalled. LOL. It's like a preemptive "get lost" type of thing. laughing
04/10/2013 new

Thanks to all the advice, it is greatly appreciated.

I try to always reply to people who message me. I will try to ask more questions and suggest texting!

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Marie-597818 said: Thanks for your input, Pat. I need to work on accepting the fact that the person is simply not in...
(Quote) Marie-597818 said:

--hide--

ah Marie, don't be angry with yourself, we all all on cm trying to do the same thing. keep messaging or checking out profiles, one of them will be your true one. Just be glad he didn't string you along any longer! Praying hug theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 31