Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/10/2013 new

Oh, dude, I'm biting my tongue here! shhh laughing laughing laughing

04/10/2013 new

Never in my life will I be caught dead doing SKype -- for just that reason!
The mirror is scary enough.

04/10/2013 new

Shoot, Ray! I hoped that YOU were going to watch it. I've love to hear your opinions afterwards.

04/10/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Oh, dude, I'm biting my tongue here!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Oh, dude, I'm biting my tongue here!

--hide--

Marge,

Look at the forum title here. Like people aren't going to make comments about the show or those types of shows. lol.
04/10/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Shoot, Ray! I hoped that YOU were going to watch it. I've love to hear your opinions afterwards.

Shoot, Ray! I hoped that YOU were going to watch it. I've love to hear your opinions afterwards.

--hide--

Oh no I don't think we can express opinions in this one. That's been made clear. Just answer the "coach" question. LOL
04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: So tonight a new TV dating show starts on NBC: "Ready for Love." www.nbc.com.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

So tonight a new TV dating show starts on NBC: "Ready for Love."

www.nbc.com

This one is not your typical "Bachelor" format. These three guys (and the girls they will be dating) are going to have help from 3 matchmaker/dating coaches.

I am thinking there might be something to be learned form these folks. All the previews suggest that there will be.

One of the experts is a guy who is going to tell the girls what the guys are actually thinking.

Another one's tactic seems to be telling them "what is wrong with you" --the stuff that everyone else is afraid to say because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I think it is going to be interesting and will take some notes myself.

Too bad we don't all have people like this in our own lives who could tell us the hard truth and explain others' behavior to us!

If you had a dating coach/matchmaker working with you, what would they say to you?

Can we be that objective so as to see ourselves as others see us and take the critique to heart?

--hide--

Hi Pat,

I have a couple of thoughts on the subject lol. First, I haven't a clue what a dating coach might tell me.. ..but having said that, since the previews for this show have been airing, I keep thinking about Fiddler on the Roof and the song Matchmaker, Matchmaker, make me a match. . .which led to the thought that wow I wish I had a good old fashioned matchmaker I could hire like a head hunter LOL, then on the radio came an add for "Its Just Lunch" a matchmaking service that gets to know you personally the human way by instinct and intuition and getting to know you, they then set up lunch dates, making all the arrangements for you and the date they think best suits you LOL. . .

As far as the dating coaches on the show, I think it will probably be aired in such a way that it intrigues the most people and will probably work like changing a person to suit someone else and it sort of makes me sad :-((. But I think it is probably a better approach than the Bachelor/Bachelorette which totally disinterests me.

04/10/2013 new

I did not perceive that the object of the coaches is to change the participants, but to assist them in knowing how to utilize and enhance their best qualities and characteristics and downplay the bad ones - from the opposite sex's point of view. For a woman (in the case of this show) that is like having a mirror with feedback. Taking that premise for what it is worth (and there are people who pay money for those services), I for one think it is a valuable tool.

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Shoot, Ray! I hoped that YOU were going to watch it. I've love to hear your opinions afterwar...

--hide--
Oh, I really wanted to watch that program, Marge, but it was shown on the night I was clipping my toenails..... laughing Maybe next time..... biggrin

I think Pat summed up her opinion very well.

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I did not perceive that the object of the coaches is to change the participants, but to assist ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I did not perceive that the object of the coaches is to change the participants, but to assist them in knowing how to utilize and enhance their best qualities and characteristics and downplay the bad ones - from the opposite sex's point of view. For a woman (in the case of this show) that is like having a mirror with feedback. Taking that premise for what it is worth (and there are people who pay money for those services), I for one think it is a valuable tool.

--hide--

HI Beverly,

I agree that it could be valuable. I am just being cynical that the show will probably air a little differently. I hope it doesn't and is genuinely helpful. But I suspect it will be geared a little differently.

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said:...I was clipping my toenails.....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:...I was clipping my toenails.....
--hide--
That's one of the things I admire about you, Ray -- you've got your priorities straight! highfive

Posts 21 - 30 of 73