Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: I actually hope this thread has died!
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

I actually hope this thread has died!

--hide--

Helen you are hilarious. laughing
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: Hi Pete, Most adults buy a few goodies every month, ie, cake and brownie mixes, soda and ice crea...

Hi Pete, Most adults buy a few goodies every month, ie, cake and brownie mixes, soda and ice cream for family get togethers and birthday parties. i believe most parents enjoy an occasional event like this ,and would not intentionally deprive their children. So I when I recogonize a kindred spirit that realizes the same thing. Of course someone abusing the system....

--hide--

When money was tight, I made my own treats, not buying them with the little money we had. I made much healthier foods than the store-bought mixes and treats and spent less money. I still do that often!
Homemade big soft pretzels made of only whole grain flours are easy, fun and inexpensive to make together.
Candies and pop were skipped as we made healthier yummy cookies, cakes, pies together and drank fresh juices we made from real fruit on sale.
We learned to freeze pureed bananas and home-made yogurt to make 'ice cream' for parties.

And many of our recipes for healthy foods and treats came from the classes and literature given out by WIC and the checks they gave out only could be used for real foods -- milk, dried beans, whole grain rice and cereals and breads, fruit, vegetables, cheese, etc. If you had other sources of income, you used that for extras. It's ridiculous that people want hand-outs to to get extras that other people who work hard to make it on their own and don't qualify for government help can't even afford.

Apr 10th 2013 new

People forget that the biggest welfare queens are at the top. The ones at the bottom can be pathetic but they're not even remotely as parasitic as those at the top.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Helen you are hilarious.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Helen you are hilarious.
--hide--

Frank, I am thinking ridiculous : note violin violin violin violin

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Electronic Benefit Transfer en.wikipedia.org
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Electronic Benefit Transfer en.wikipedia.org
--hide--

Thanks, Mary. Now I see it can get food, or cash, or be used as a debit card. Don't you want one of those, Mary. It will help
extend the pocket money till the end of the month.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: When money was tight, I made my own treats, not buying them with the little money w...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

When money was tight, I made my own treats, not buying them with the little money we had. I made much healthier foods than the store-bought mixes and treats and spent less money. I still do that often!
Homemade big soft pretzels made of only whole grain flours are easy, fun and inexpensive to make together.
Candies and pop were skipped as we made healthier yummy cookies, cakes, pies together and drank fresh juices we made from real fruit on sale.
We learned to freeze pureed bananas and home-made yogurt to make 'ice cream' for parties.

And many of our recipes for healthy foods and treats came from the classes and literature given out by WIC and the checks they gave out only could be used for real foods -- milk, dried beans, whole grain rice and cereals and breads, fruit, vegetables, cheese, etc. If you had other sources of income, you used that for extras. It's ridiculous that people want hand-outs to to get extras that other people who work hard to make it on their own and don't qualify for government help can't even afford.

--hide--

Rachael, I really admire you for doing all that special cooking for your family. It is actually a talent even though
to you it seems quite natural.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: I actually hope this thread has died!

I actually hope this thread has died!

--hide--

What bothers you about the thread?

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: Yes, it runs out of money. It's simply an electronic way to issue the funds instead of...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

Yes, it runs out of money. It's simply an electronic way to issue the funds instead of paper food stamp booklets of the old days. So your monthly allowance is "deposited" by the government into your EBT "account", and you use it via the EBT debit card.

--hide--

Thanks, Lisa.

Apr 10th 2013 new

I think you should be able to buy Pizza maybe Domino

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) William-872148 said: I think you should be able to buy Pizza maybe Domino
(Quote) William-872148 said:

I think you should be able to buy Pizza maybe Domino

--hide--

Maybe you could.

Posts 31 - 40 of 121