Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 10th 2013 new

" When I was 17 I thought my father was the most ignorant man on the face of the earth. Later when I returned from college, I couldn't believe how much the old man had learned in just four years!" - Mark Twain

Apr 12th 2013 new
'Our supernatural life has no direct access to the emotions....neither the feeling of love, nor the operation of our natural power of loving, is the thing that matters essentially, but...feeling or no feeling, we steadily choose God as our supreme good. The emotional accompaniment will depend very much upon the temperament of the individual. Its absence is no matter for concern. Certainly we should not hurry our souls in the effort to make them feel that they love God. For most of us the prayer of the psalmist will suffice on the side of feeling...'My soul has longed to yearn for You.'"
Apr 12th 2013 new
...from Theology and Sanity by F.J. Sheed
Apr 12th 2013 new

If you are looking for the love of your life, stop. He/she will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. --Dave Rapaivar

Happiness is a form of courage. --George Holbrook

Why fit in when you were born to stand out. --Dr. Seuss

The three c's of life: choices, chances, changes. You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

Don't be discouraged by closed doors. If God wants a door to open, all the forces of darkness cannot stop it.

The mind is a place where the soul goes to hide from the heart. --Michael Singer

People may not always tell you how they feel about you but they will always show you. Pay attention!

Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before. --City of Fallen Angels

Apr 12th 2013 new
Also from F. J. Sheed: 'Maturity is preparedness to accept reality, cooperate with reality, not kick against reality; remembering that the reality we accept does not man any situation that merely happens to be, and is in fact within our power to change, but only the vast framework of reality which by God's will is what it is."
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: An Ocean of Love and a Kiss on each Wave... -The sign off from a an old letter found f...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

An Ocean of Love and a Kiss on each Wave...

-The sign off from a an old letter found from my great grandfather to my grandmother after having her first child.

--hide--
Laura, I am often amazed at the exquisite elegance found in old letters. Your great-grandfather must have been an interesting man.

Apr 12th 2013 new

"Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you".

Apr 12th 2013 new

You can't fix stupid

Apr 13th 2013 new

"Sooner or later in life, we all sit down to a banquet of consequences." --- Robert Louis Stevenson

Apr 15th 2013 new

"The definition of insanity ... doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"!

Albert Einstein

cool wave

Posts 171 - 180 of 200