Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said: I honestly was talking with a guy friend about this on Monday. I honestly don't think I'm picky. It&...
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said:

I honestly was talking with a guy friend about this on Monday. I honestly don't think I'm picky. It's just for many of us, we don't want to waste our time. I know people tell me I'm young but I don't feel like I have time to "see if something works out" when I look at some one and they have distinct qualities with which I do not feel I can live. Plus, those qualities that I do not find attractive might be just what attracts someone else to that person.

--hide--

That is what I mean, Danielle. I think many of us here are 'picky' or we wouldn't be on this site. Some gals have told me, they just want a guy. If he doesn't beat, starve or cheat on them, they will consider themselves blessed. We all have our quirks, preferences and gifts and finding the right match is, to me, so important. Spending the rest of my life with someone--I want him to be 'picky' as well so we really think through the permanent commitment we make to each other.

I so agree with you about not wasting time. Good luck in your search and tell my hometown hello! hug theheart hug
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hi Marge, I would think table manners is actually normal to be picky about. I wouldn'...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Hi Marge,

I would think table manners is actually normal to be picky about. I wouldn't expect a woman to want to see me again if I ate like a caveman of burped out loud on a first dinner date. Lol. In my professional opinion, picky is not dating someone because they're too tall or too short or they're ten or even 15 years older or younger. Or because they grew up in an upper class family or middle class family. That's picky.
--hide--

If you dated someone 15 years younger you'd probably end up in prison. :p

Just saying.

"Picky" is quite subjective really. I'm picky about Catholicism, I won't date some lazy cafeteria catholic. Likewise, I probably wouldn't date a man who's 98 and weighs 400kg so much so that his skin is growing into the couch. My pickiness for age/weight et cetera stems from pragmatisim,with that said, I'm a larger lass myself and have noted that very few men are willing to consider me. Despite that fact I'm fit, have very good stamina and can lift more than most of the "in shape" guys.

And my burping is supreme. I can burp the alphabet. WITH ONE BURP. Not one burp per letter. 26 LETTERS IN ONE BURP!

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: That is what I mean, Danielle. I think many of us here are 'picky' or we wouldn't be o...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

That is what I mean, Danielle. I think many of us here are 'picky' or we wouldn't be on this site. Some gals have told me, they just want a guy. If he doesn't beat, starve or cheat on them, they will consider themselves blessed. We all have our quirks, preferences and gifts and finding the right match is, to me, so important. Spending the rest of my life with someone--I want him to be 'picky' as well so we really think through the permanent commitment we make to each other.

I so agree with you about not wasting time. Good luck in your search and tell my hometown hello!
--hide--

wow meg, you are right on the money when you hear about women that just say they just want a guy. i still can't believe i had also read this on cm. I hope i would never be that naive. hug theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new

I find that I'm more accepting of people goldfish goldfish as I walk along my journey with Christ.

Apr 10th 2013 new

I used to be picky about trivial things such as hair color/length and eye color but as I got older I began to become picky about morals and ideals a lot more. Anyone can dye their hair or grow their hair out or cut it short but ideals are very tough to change.

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If you dated someone 15 years younger you'd probably end up in prison. :p Ju...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

If you dated someone 15 years younger you'd probably end up in prison. :p

Just saying.

"Picky" is quite subjective really. I'm picky about Catholicism, I won't date some lazy cafeteria catholic. Likewise, I probably wouldn't date a man who's 98 and weighs 400kg so much so that his skin is growing into the couch. My pickiness for age/weight et cetera stems from pragmatisim,with that said, I'm a larger lass myself and have noted that very few men are willing to consider me. Despite that fact I'm fit, have very good stamina and can lift more than most of the "in shape" guys.

And my burping is supreme. I can burp the alphabet. WITH ONE BURP. Not one burp per letter. 26 LETTERS IN ONE BURP!

--hide--

You must be so proud of yourself.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: You must be so proud of yourself.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

You must be so proud of yourself.
--hide--

Only the good kinda proud. Not the kind that ends with the eternal BBQ.

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Only the good kinda proud. Not the kind that ends with the eternal BBQ.
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Only the good kinda proud. Not the kind that ends with the eternal BBQ.

--hide--

Well that's good. Lol.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: "Orthopraxy"?? What do dat mean?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

"Orthopraxy"??

What do dat mean?

--hide--

Hi Marge! It means correct action or activity. I had to look it up when I read it!! wide eyed Chelle

PS At our age, I'm not sure that I want to teach someone manners.... I guess, by this point, I figure we are who we are and we are who we are because we want to be that way.

Apr 11th 2013 new

We should not consider ourselves picky when it comes to the morals and values that all should follow. We are being led by the Spirit to find that person who is driven by their Catholic morals and values. If we are to say something is picky I feel it would be in regards to looks. We must be very catious about whom we choose to date and befriend because of the lack of morals in "an every thing goes world". It is sure is hard to find a person with those morals who does not just pay lip service to their faith.

Posts 31 - 40 of 61