Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 10th 2013 new
Wow that's terrible. Glad you're ok. Well if you have any weapons use them on the intruder. In my home I have weapons strategically placed in certain areas just in case that situation arises. In this day and age when people are out of work they'll resort to burglary but you never know if they'll go as far as to take your life. It's either yours or theirs. I know it's not pleasant to think about but be ever ready. You never know how long the "fight" is going to last.
Apr 10th 2013 new

So sorry that you are going through this. It's one of my biggest fears. I will send a protection prayer your way that you will remain safe.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Im praying for your safety Richard. The advise that Nancy gave you is good. There are door and window alarms you can buy at Menards and when they try to open them they make a huge horrible sound. There are door blockers and motion sensor lights. And St. Benedict medals can be taped above your door with a Miraculous Medal. You can put them over all doors and windows and St. Michael prayers and Holy Water. I keep a baseball bat and flashlight in several places in my home and other weapons I won't go into here. I have them hidden throughout the house and my car. Praying theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying Praying for your safety Richard.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying Yes, it can happen in multiple events over relatively short timespans. I've had an attempted breakin at my residence twice in the last month. I now carry a fully loaded .38 around the house with me everywhere I go. As the deputy sheriff told me on Easter night, if he gets past the screen door, start pumping and keep on pumping.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Richard,

Oh my this is very scary. Two nights in a row. Who would ever imagine? I hope that your doors are secure now. Richard did you ever think of a security system or getting a dog? Please be very very careful and safe. Prayers for you as this is upsetting. God bless.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Richard,

Oh my this is very scary. Two nights in a row. Who would ever imagine? I hope that your doors are secure now. Richard did you ever think of a security system or getting a dog? Please be very very careful and safe. Prayers for you as this is upsetting. God bless.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

So bizzare that it would happen two nights in a row! Did you have a box for a new t.v./electronics out with your trash? eyepopping

Prayers definitely on the way eyepopping

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying rosary theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new

I'm sorry to hear that, Richard. How scary! Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 130