Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

04/10/2013 new

Prayers for your safety and restored peace of mind. God bless. Praying

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

It occurs to me that you need a German Shepherd.

I think this is a sign.

I will pray for this situation Richard and for you to be able to rest and for this to be solved!

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: I'm also praying that those 2 will be caught tonight before they inflict any harm to Richard ...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

I'm also praying that those 2 will be caught tonight before they inflict any harm to Richard and his neighborhood!

--hide--
And a prayer that for whatever reason they felt the need to break in will be resolved in a Christ-like manner.

04/10/2013 new

Praying for your safety!

04/10/2013 new

My best to you buddy. Saying that be prepared having some sort of defense. This goes for anyone and everyone for that matter.

04/10/2013 new

Praying

(Quote) Joyce-61410 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intru...
(Quote) Joyce-61410 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

So bizzare that it would happen two nights in a row! Did you have a box for a new t.v./electronics out with your trash?

Prayers definitely on the way

--hide--

Joyce,

You bring up a great point. Watch the boxes you leave out front for the trashmen. By so doing, you are advertising what you just bought. I always take those boxes to a recycling center.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

04/10/2013 new

Prayer your way and a $10 coupon off a Glock 9mm. Noone should have to go toe-to-toe, groggy and in his undies with a whacked out methhead at 3:00 a.m. Purchase 'The Great Equalizer.' Hope you find peace or another neighborhood.

04/10/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

Peter,

I'm with Marian on this one. I think you need a German Shepherd or a French Mastiff.

Something the size of your kitchen stove.

You absolutely have to keep people outside your place. You are already compromised once they are indoors.

04/10/2013 new

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

That's a horrible thing that happened. But 3 nights in a row? Could that burglar be someone who came into your house in the past, like plumbers, electicians, contractions, repair men or friend of a friend who knew that you live alone? Be extra careful.

May God and his holy angels bless you, protect you and keep you safe always. Praying rosary theheart

04/10/2013 new

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

I was looking at the advice given by others here and there is plenty of good advice to be safe. I would prefer not to keep loaded guns around even though I live alone in my house. Have you considered moving to a safer neighborhood? I live in a subdivision where most homeowners are married and a lot with children so I feel pretty safe. Whenever there is vandalism in the area, everyone knows about it by email. I can call the police if someone that I don't know knocks on my door; so unwanted salesmen don't visit our neighborhood.

Posts 31 - 40 of 130