Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that po...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

Richard, I would have peed my pants! Praying for your safety. Eileen
Apr 10th 2013 new

Prayers and Hugs.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Richard - You are very lucky that nothing happened to you. Maybe you should leave a light on in the basement. The police are saying that due to the economy more robberies are occuring. The police are recommending that people purchase cameras for the outside of their homes.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

Richard,

I am so sorry to read of your traumatic experience. A couple of years ago, someone kicked in the back door. I was not home at the time but something or someone must have frightened them as nothing was missing. All I had was a big mess to cleanup.

In Houston, what you described is an everyday thing. Even people who have video cameras and over monitoring equipment including banks and business establishments are getting broken into and robbed. Many are at home when the robbers break in. It just does not deter many criminals. As Peter says, I hope I never have to use my guns but I am prepared if need be.

My prayers for your personal safety are with you.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Thomas-958996 said: Prayer your way and a $10 coupon off a Glock 9mm. Noone should have to go toe-to-toe, groggy and in his undie...
(Quote) Thomas-958996 said:

Prayer your way and a $10 coupon off a Glock 9mm. Noone should have to go toe-to-toe, groggy and in his undies with a whacked out methhead at 3:00 a.m. Purchase 'The Great Equalizer.' Hope you find peace or another neighborhood.

--hide--

I do really have to agree with Thomas. But get two of them, one for each hand. I'm not a weirdo by saying this but I sleep with a knife under my mattress in case anyone ever did get the jump on me. Obviously this would only be successful if they didn't have a gun themselves. I live in a decent area but I do know there is an apartment complex nearby down the street that has a large minority population. I also have a male Boxer who was the aggressor against two pitbulls one time in an altercation. So that also helps.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Prayer and a .357 Magnum kept handy. God helps those who help themselves. Oh, and practice regula...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Prayer and a .357 Magnum kept handy. God helps those who help themselves. Oh, and practice regularly.

--hide--

A shotgun is a much better choice of weapon for home defense: there's a greater chance of hitting the target and less chance of stray rounds causing harm to unintended victims.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: Peter, I'm with Marian on this one. I think you need a German Shepherd ...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

Peter,

I'm with Marian on this one. I think you need a German Shepherd or a French Mastiff.

Something the size of your kitchen stove.

You absolutely have to keep people outside your place. You are already compromised once they are indoors.

--hide--

Apr 10th 2013 new

Prayers for your safety and protection are with you Richard. So sorry you had this awful experience. God Bless You!

Apr 10th 2013 new

oops lol I am a ditz tonight, hit the submit before posting.

In regard to dogs, shepherds and mastiffs are both excellent choices but have had even better luck with herding dogs, they are always on alert and vigilant and bred to take care of their herd be it sheep, cattle or people. We had an Australian shepherd, the runt of the litter and to be honest she might have had a dad who was a corgie lol but that is another story. I never worried about the kiddos in the yard she kept them all neatly herded and the one night someone came through our front door, she leapt off my bed headed to the stairs thinking it was Pete, when it wasn't she went berserk, by the time I got the top of the stairs she had leapt from the landing and chased whoever it was straight out of the house. Pete used to say she thought she was Mighty Mouse. But I always felt safe with her around and she lived to the ripe old age of 16 never once faltering in her herding and guarding duties. I currently have two mixed breeds where three of the four parts are herding dogs of one type or another, nothing gets past them.

Apr 10th 2013 new

At least with a camera the police are able to catch the burglar, because he would be on camera.

Now they say the burgulars are giving the dogs treats to distract them.

I have heard of a story where they rang the front door and no one answered. But, little did they know that there was a man sitting in the kitchen doing a crossword puzzle. They broke the back door down, knocked the man off his seat and then picked him up and told him he was going to be alright. Then the burgular ran out the front door.

Posts 41 - 50 of 130