Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 10th 2013 new

Here's a good one about the pill...

www.youtube.com

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: (Quote) That being said, when filling in my profile, I answered the question about contrac...
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Quote:

That being said, when filling in my profile, I answered the question about contraception as "No". I felt that I did not want someone to later find out my past and be upset. I am being open and honest about my past. Sometimes I feel that maybe I am missing out on some great guys because I answered "No". Was I wrong to answer "No" in an attempt to be honest about my past?

I think the real question is, what was the intent for the medication? Pope Paul VI in "Humane Vitae" was clear that medication / medical treatments that caused infertility were not intrinsicly evil, and the intent of the treatment needed to be considered. If you're taking a drug that causes infertility (temporary or otherwise) and living a chaste life then there really shouldn't be a problem, because you're not using the drug to control birth. You're method of birth control is chastity.

--hide--

That is correct Peter. There are medical reasons some woman take the pill. For me, I was diagnosed years ago with Polysystic Ovarian Syndrome and was prescribed the pill to regulate my periods NOT for birth control. It did the job it was suppose to do and then I came off of it.

Patti

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-755756 said: That is correct Peter. There are medical reasons some woman take the pill. For me...
(Quote) Patricia-755756 said:

That is correct Peter. There are medical reasons some woman take the pill. For me, I was diagnosed years ago with Polysystic Ovarian Syndrome and was prescribed the pill to regulate my periods NOT for birth control. It did the job it was suppose to do and then I came off of it.

Patti

--hide--

The pill is the absolute worst thing for PCOS

Please consult a napro doctor to actually fix the problem rather than mask the symptoms. The pill is a group 1 carcinogen. It. is. pure. poison. The synthetic hormones are getting into the water streams and causing problems for women that aren't even on the pill, and also harming the fish.

I've been charting for my health for 11 years. Napro doc diagnosed from the charts PCOS and another minor condition. Treated and fixed! Years later, discovered low progesterone from charting (could have miscarried if I was trying to conceive). Fixed with a natural progesterone. This past year, diagnosed polyps and had surgery to fix that. ALL from charting.

Please, for the love of all things holy , please-- Go to omsoul.com and get a napro NFP only doc. Many MANY docs on there that say how poisonous the pill is, will not prescribe it.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: The pill is the absolute worst thing for PCOS Please consult a ...
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said:

Please consult a napro doctor to actually fix the problem rather than mask the symptoms. The pill is a group 1 carcinogen. It. is. pure. poison. The synthetic hormones are getting into the water streams and causing problems for women that aren't even on the pill, and also harming the fish.

I've been charting for my health for 11 years. Napro doc diagnosed from the charts PCOS and another minor condition. Treated and fixed! Years later, discovered low progesterone from charting (could have miscarried if I was trying to conceive). Fixed with a natural progesterone. This past year, diagnosed polyps and had surgery to fix that. ALL from charting.

Please, for the love of all things holy , please-- Go to omsoul.com and get a napro NFP only doc. Many MANY docs on there that say how poisonous the pill is, will not prescribe it.

--hide--

Thank you for that information Carrie. It's been at least 15 years since I have been off the pill and at my age I have no thought of going back it. It's possible this information wasn't available back 25 years ago when I was taking it. If I had daughters now, I would not let them take it.

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-28682 said: Here's a good one about the pill... www.youtube.com
(Quote) Dan-28682 said:

Here's a good one about the pill...

www.youtube.com

--hide--

Tells it like it - outstanding. I had heard about how the contraceptives were messing up our water supply.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Katarina - In the future I can provide you with the articles, but as far as the lab test results...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

Katarina - In the future I can provide you with the articles, but as far as the lab test results, the patients would have to be a patient of a naturopathic physician. There is a cure for juvenile diabetes--patients have to work with a naturopathic physician to guide them. There is big business with Big Pharma. Big Pharma makes a lot of money with pharmaceuticals.

Vivienne - I agree with you. We have gone off topic here in this post. Let's stick with the Pill. We are just going around and around. I only posted the original article "The Pill Kills" for informational and educational purposes.

--hide--
Can you please provide the references needed to back up the claims that naturopathic physicians can cure diabetes of any kind. Pretty please, with sugar on top Denise.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Anything we put in our bodies can kill us. What differs is the dose needed and the time ...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Anything we put in our bodies can kill us. What differs is the dose needed and the time it takes.

--hide--
Increasing the chance of cancer,increasing the mood swings,increasing rejection of woman as a person as greater focus is on the act, increasing chanceof disrupting relationships.Too much negatives.Thumbs down here two cents two cents two cents

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: The pill is the absolute worst thing for PCOS Please consult a ...
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said:

--hide--
Yes Carrie, Estrogen and progestogen postmenopausal therapy is known to cause cancer in some instances. That is true. But if you have access to the list why didn't you also include the following:

"Estrogen-progestogen oral contraceptives (combined) (Note: There is also convincing evidence in humans that these agents confer a protective effect against cancer in the endometrium and ovary)?

In group 1 is also ethanol (ordinary drinking alcohol) as well as salted fish, wood dust and sun radiation. Just for general information.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Increasing the chance of cancer,increasing the mood swings,increasing rejection of woman a...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Increasing the chance of cancer,increasing the mood swings,increasing rejection of woman as a person as greater focus is on the act, increasing chanceof disrupting relationships.Too much negatives.Thumbs down here

--hide--
Yup, those are valid reasons to avoid using hormone treatment in some instances. In other instances hormone treatment is beneficial to the woman.

It is the same with water. Under some circumstances water is essential and yet it can kill us.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Yes Carrie, Estrogen and progestogen postmenopausal therapy is known to cause cancer in some inst...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Yes Carrie, Estrogen and progestogen postmenopausal therapy is known to cause cancer in some instances. That is true. But if you have access to the list why didn't you also include the following:

"Estrogen-progestogen oral contraceptives (combined) (Note: There is also convincing evidence in humans that these agents confer a protective effect against cancer in the endometrium and ovary)?

In group 1 is also ethanol (ordinary drinking alcohol) as well as salted fish, wood dust and sun radiation. Just for general information.

--hide--

I don't know what list you are talking about. But the so-called "protection" you are talking about is actually the lessened cancer instances when women get pregnant. Because the pill "fakes" a pregnancy, this is the similar response.

Posts 31 - 40 of 44