Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 10th 2013 new
Or just sleep in the nude and run towards them buck naked. Or better yet, yell out to them that you're GETTING naked and coming after them. They'll be so thrown off they'll bolt. Think about it from there perspective. You're rummaging through some persons things and you see the naked owner running towards you. You're just going to run just because they're naked.
Apr 10th 2013 new

Prayers for you and your safety and I would certainly sprinkle the house with holy water.

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that po...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

Oh my goodness Richard. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was mugged when I was 15, and our house was burgarized twice, but I never had an intruder rob me while I was in my own home. I can't imagine going through that.

You've been given great suggestions. If you think you would feel safer sleeping in the basement tonight, then do so.

I will be praying for you. Update us tomorrow.
Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Oh my goodness Richard. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was mugged when I was 15, and our hous...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Oh my goodness Richard. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was mugged when I was 15, and our house was burgarized twice, but I never had an intruder rob me while I was in my own home. I can't imagine going through that.

You've been given great suggestions. If you think you would feel safer sleeping in the basement tonight, then do so.

--hide--

I was told by a priest to sprinkle blessed salt on window sills and by your doors to keep robbers away. Serioulsy.
Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Oh my goodness Richard. I am so sorry that happened to you. I was mugged when I was 15, and our hous...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

--hide--

Basement you're a sitting duck in most cases. Sleep near the door if anything.
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: A shotgun is a much better choice of weapon for home defense: there's a greater chanc...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

A shotgun is a much better choice of weapon for home defense: there's a greater chance of hitting the target and less chance of stray rounds causing harm to unintended victims.

--hide--
Good point, Jerry. When my kids were small, we had an 85 lb. Stratfordshire Terrier (often mistaken for a Pit Bull). He once made one of those foot long rawhide 'bones' with a knot at either end, disappear in 42 minutes- I timed it! In my opinion, there's no better protection for a home than a large, powerful dog. They will know an intruder is in your home when it's owner is blissfully asleep. bulldog

Apr 10th 2013 new

I'm so sorry you are having this scary issue. I invested in an alarm system and it's worth every penny to sleep feeling secure and safe. I will pray to St. Michael to protect you in your home. Praying Praying theheart

Apr 10th 2013 new
Praying
Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying Praying

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Good point, Jerry. When my kids were small, we had an 85 lb. Stratfordshire Terrier (often mistaken for a Pit B...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Good point, Jerry. When my kids were small, we had an 85 lb. Stratfordshire Terrier (often mistaken for a Pit Bull). He once made one of those foot long rawhide 'bones' with a knot at either end, disappear in 42 minutes- I timed it! In my opinion, there's no better protection for a home than a large, powerful dog. They will know an intruder is in your home when it's owner is blissfully asleep.

--hide--

Posts 51 - 60 of 130