Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

ashamed he's a stalker! *l*

OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are there emotes that catch your attention more than others? For example, if I "beam a smile" would it be better to say, "say hello"? Or even better yet, would sending a "wink" be seen as too agressive? If I sent a "wink" with the comment, "you're hot.......yeah, baby!" would that be too agressive? *lol* OK, scratch the last question, I was keeding. *l*

The second part is wondering about following up on emotes sent out. So, if I send one out and she looks at my profile and I don't hear anything back, I'm thinking it means she's not interested and leave it alone. Now is it the case that I should send a second in case she's say bashful? I'm thinking not, but then again, I'm open to me being wrong. Just looking for thoughts. Thank you.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: he's a stalker! *l*OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are t...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

he's a stalker! *l*

OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are there emotes that catch your attention more than others? For example, if I "beam a smile" would it be better to say, "say hello"? Or even better yet, would sending a "wink" be seen as too agressive? If I sent a "wink" with the comment, "you're hot.......yeah, baby!" would that be too agressive? *lol* OK, scratch the last question, I was keeding. *l*

The second part is wondering about following up on emotes sent out. So, if I send one out and she looks at my profile and I don't hear anything back, I'm thinking it means she's not interested and leave it alone. Now is it the case that I should send a second in case she's say bashful? I'm thinking not, but then again, I'm open to me being wrong. Just looking for thoughts. Thank you.

--hide--

Hi Dan! This is a really good question. clap I think the perfect emote is an emoticon with an interested question or positive comment about something that I wrote in my profile. That's the only was I know that the man is interested in me and not just machine gunning pictures. gangster Chelle

Apr 11th 2013 new

You pretty much answered your own questions Dan! But anyway, if a girl doesn't respond to your original emote it would probably be a waste of your time to send another. Assuming she's bashful is reading too much into it. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that. Just keep the flow at the pace she does and things will or will not progress naturally from there. Be yourself, I guess you could say.... assuming yourself isn't the send the 'youre hot yeah baby!' emote self! lol wink

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Dan! This is a really good question. I think the perfect emote is an emoticon with an interest...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Dan! This is a really good question. I think the perfect emote is an emoticon with an interested question or positive comment about something that I wrote in my profile. That's the only was I know that the man is interested in me and not just machine gunning pictures. Chelle

--hide--

I agree with Chelle. Something that shows that he really paid attention to my profile and prompts further conversation.
Apr 11th 2013 new
Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. A properly crafted email (not a long one) catches my attention. It says that he is interested enough in me to invest some effort and time in real communication. It is also confident and bold. Sometimes we dance around with emotes and it is all too timid for this often cruel world, right?
Apr 11th 2013 new

Hi, I agree with the longer note that reflects he read my posting. I attended be Camp Widow -sponsored by soaring spirits loss foundation (SSLF.ORG) and the biggest comment on online dating was to ask a question! A smile is nice but what do you talk about- the weather??

The guy I met on CM and am dating now, started off just this way. He mentioned involvement in local organization, I commenred and then he commented on my interest in college backetball and continued on from there !! And I am so new to this dating world as just joined in Nov and widowed 3 years ago.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. A properly crafted email (not a long one) catches my attention. It says that he is interested enough in me to invest some effort and time in real communication. It is also confident and bold. Sometimes we dance around with emotes and it is all too timid for this often cruel world, right?
--hide--

Are you talking about messages? I'm not sure how to email on CM. Thank you for the wisdom shared, purveyor of posititivity.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: You pretty much answered your own questions Dan! But anyway, if a girl doesn't respond to ...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

You pretty much answered your own questions Dan! But anyway, if a girl doesn't respond to your original emote it would probably be a waste of your time to send another. Assuming she's bashful is reading too much into it. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that. Just keep the flow at the pace she does and things will or will not progress naturally from there. Be yourself, I guess you could say.... assuming yourself isn't the send the 'youre hot yeah baby!' emote self! lol

--hide--

Yeah, I figured I answered my own question, but I was wondering. I thought I'd read a while back that it'd be a good thing to follow up on emotes, but it didn't quite ring true to me, but seeing how I've sent out some emotes and it's been tumbleweeds (copyright Alice). I thought maybe I wasn't doing enough. Figured it didn't hurt to ask. What's wrong with sending an emote that says, "you're hot.....yeah, baby!"? laughing

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Are you talking about messages? I'm not sure how to email on CM. Thank you for the wisdom shared, purv...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Are you talking about messages? I'm not sure how to email on CM. Thank you for the wisdom shared, purveyor of posititivity.
--hide--

Dan, you cutie you - learn the message feature. I'm so tired of "emoting." I'm emoted out. I want a real message. I want to know that you - someone - anyone read something in my profile that was worth asking one question about. I don't chat - no patience to chat - when from 8:00 to 11:00 most days I'm working, and even if I am on here, it is to take a little break and check out forums, messages, etc.

I wouldn't even be offended at a "Hey, babee (cajun form of baby). Just something more than, "how are you." "fine, thank you." "how are you."

Apr 11th 2013 new

Chelle and MaryBeth, Thank you for the advice, it really helps. I'm thinking this will help my odds when making first contact. *l* Sounds like Star Trek or something. *l*

Posts 1 - 10 of 52