Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Ray, the woman's a total "you know what". Lol.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Ray, the woman's a total "you know what". Lol.
--hide--

Mike's ex gf just to clarify. Lol
04/11/2013 new
Uh oh, watch out for the harsh comment police. laughing
04/11/2013 new
Take your dog and run away like the three stooges at the end of every episode. Lol.
04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Uh oh, watch out for the harsh comment police.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Uh oh, watch out for the harsh comment police.
--hide--

If you never had the pleasure of having faithful, endearing pets in your house, then of course many would say, "keep the girlfriend".

And, maybe the lady is truly interested in having a permanet relationship with Mike, and is now setting the ground rules.

But , a "me or the dog" ruling, out of the blue? Come on!

Soon, it might be " other favorite things'", down the road!

Be careful, Mike!

But only you can decide, hope this helps!

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

The dog stays. They are family too and were obviously around before the new person in your life. Unless the dog is a crazed danger to the world, the animal stays. We take on the responsibility of care for the animal and as such are obligated to continue to do so, except in some very limited circumstances. I look at it like a package deal, just as I would if I had small kiddos.

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: If you never had the pleasure of having faithful, endearing pets in your house, then of cou...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

If you never had the pleasure of having faithful, endearing pets in your house, then of course many would say, "keep the girlfriend".

And, maybe the lady is truly interested in having a permanet relationship with Mike, and is now setting the ground rules.

But , a "me or the dog" ruling, out of the blue? Come on!

Soon, it might be " other favorite things'", down the road!

Be careful, Mike!

But only you can decide, hope this helps!

--hide--

Exactly! Out of the blue? I do hope Mike mails her a bill for the things he's paid for.
04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: The dog stays. They are family too and were obviously around before the new person in your li...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

The dog stays. They are family too and were obviously around before the new person in your life. Unless the dog is a crazed danger to the world, the animal stays. We take on the responsibility of care for the animal and as such are obligated to continue to do so, except in some very limited circumstances. I look at it like a package deal, just as I would if I had small kiddos.

--hide--

Yep. Also it's six months down the toilet. Now if I did that to a woman who had a cat then I would be a total "you know what".
04/11/2013 new

It sounds to me as if she is pretty demanding and unwilling to compromise or show compassion. I would be very cautious about continuing the relationship/friendship. I would probably run for the hills eyepopping . Maybe, next time explore the pet issue early in the dating process to see if a future mate is open to pets, open to compromise, and shows compassion for your feelings.

04/11/2013 new

He should stay with the dog. It's rare that a woman will chase off some kid punk who's broken into the house to steal beer by biting him in the leg. And even if she did, she wouldn't be able to summon up much of a bite force anyway.

04/11/2013 new

Been there, done that. Sort of. My late husband was the kind of man that animals go crazy over, and he had a [vicious] dog he adored. I'm not big on animals to begin with, but being the loving wife, I accepted the situation. The dog was allowed everywhere except our bedroom (that was the only line I drew).

Living with this dog for eight years was dreadful. When it died, he was very broken up. I wondered whether he would cry as much if I died.

Consequently, if I met a man today who was a real animal lover...I'd have to think it over very carefully, and there would have to be some accommodation on his part.

Posts 11 - 20 of 166