Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

I took a glance or two at the member stories section of the blog... Perhaps (in good humor) there should also be a section under "Epic FAIL Dates"... or "Dating Horror Stories"...? If anything, it would lend some encouragement in that YOU are not alone in the occasional flop of an effort. Perhaps people could just start posting their stories in this forum first? Just a thought scratchchin

04/10/2013 new

This could be very interesting ! clap stir the pot! Its getting cold!

04/11/2013 new

Okay I'll take the bait, but I'll keep it short and vague to protect not so innocent.

I went on a first date with a CMer and we were heading to a gelato place where his PARENTS were already there standing in line! He asked if I still wanted to go in....hmmm. What did you think?

04/11/2013 new

LOL @ Kim.. Dang, that's brutal!!

I have not been on any actual dates yet... Still sort of trying to get a good sense of all that is "out there".... *For now* though, it has definitely been worth the subscription fee in entertainment value alone. I don't say that in a mean, mocking way... It's must more of a reality-check on the diversity of the human condition here..

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Jes-951157 said: I took a glance or two at the member stories section of the blog... Perhaps (in good humor) there s...
(Quote) Jes-951157 said:

I took a glance or two at the member stories section of the blog... Perhaps (in good humor) there should also be a section under "Epic FAIL Dates"... or "Dating Horror Stories"...? If anything, it would lend some encouragement in that YOU are not alone in the occasional flop of an effort. Perhaps people could just start posting their stories in this forum first? Just a thought

--hide--

I have no stories to share either good or bad LOL. . .

04/11/2013 new
Ready for this Seinfeld type of date? So she shows up and is visibly shaking like a cold wet puppy. Then I ask if she was ok and she tells me she's just nervous. So as stunned as I was that someone was visibly shaking we sat down and I sit regularly at the table and she's across from me parallel I guess you could call it, so I'm facing the side of her. Then we find out that we both have the same last name with even the same spelling. She then has the audacity to suggest that we're long lost cousins like an idiot. I think I would know if she was a frigging relative of mine. Now if this isn't weird enough, she then rejects ME because I was on the outs with my mom at the time and not speaking to her. Hilarious date!!!!!
04/11/2013 new

Not so audacious.

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: She then has the audacity to suggest that we're long lost cousins like an idiot.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: She then has the audacity to suggest that we're long lost cousins like an idiot.
--hide--

A distant relative was researching my family tree. She typed up a little family history and passed it around to her cousins. One of the men was very excited to get it, took it home, and started reading it to his wife, who said....
"Wait a minute. That's MY family's story."

It turned out they were first cousins once removed and didn't know it until right then.

04/11/2013 new

In a spirit of fairness, I think we have to limit this to dating horror stories, or online dating horror stories... but NOT strictly to CMers. C'mon, if you and I met for coffee and I posted about it (no matter what happened), you wouldn't be too happy about it, would you? mischievous

That said, I remember a guy who said his date brought her teddy bear with her, and talked to it during dinner.... rolling eyes

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: In a spirit of fairness, I think we have to limit this to dating horror stories, or online dating horror storie...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

In a spirit of fairness, I think we have to limit this to dating horror stories, or online dating horror stories... but NOT strictly to CMers. C'mon, if you and I met for coffee and I posted about it (no matter what happened), you wouldn't be too happy about it, would you?

That said, I remember a guy who said his date brought her teddy bear with her, and talked to it during dinner....

--hide--

Who said she was a CM date? Regarding the Teddy bear I would've...... Seriously there are some pretty mentally ill people out in the dating world.
04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Not so audacious.A distant relative was researching my family tree. She typed up a little fami...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Not so audacious.

A distant relative was researching my family tree. She typed up a little family history and passed it around to her cousins. One of the men was very excited to get it, took it home, and started reading it to his wife, who said....
"Wait a minute. That's MY family's story."

It turned out they were first cousins once removed and didn't know it until right then.

--hide--

Distant cousin? Come on. lol.
Posts 1 - 10 of 11