Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new
There was nothing in Mike's post that suggested that his dog was vicious etc... I'm just going off of how he described the situation. If he left out vital information about this situation then that's a different story.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I think all normal people would agree that Mike's girl is a piece of work.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I think all normal people would agree that Mike's girl is a piece of work.
--hide--
I'd hold off on that judgment for awhile, Frank. We don't know the real reason she doesn't want to be around Mike's dog. There are some valid reasons, allergies having already been mentioned. Also, she may have been traumatized in her earlier years by a viscious dog. Some people have a difficult time overcoming bad experiences.

On the surface, it does seem she tossed this in Mike's lap rather abruptly which seems odd after 6 months of dating. But....there are still some facts that aren't known yet.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Good point, Roystan!! When local police give crime prevention lectures, they frequently mention the best type of...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Good point, Roystan!! When local police give crime prevention lectures, they frequently mention the best type of alarm system available -- a barking dog.

Maybe Mike can persuade his lady friend that having a dog is for her protection.

--hide--

There is no persuading at this point. She knew he had a dog!! lol.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Mike -- I posted comments to Pat's list. One thing I would ask is if you are paying more...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Mike -- I posted comments to Pat's list.

One thing I would ask is if you are paying more attention to the dog than you are to your lady friend? Doubt that is the case, but it does happen. Also, is your dog a Rottweiler, pit bull, or German Shepherd or one who snarls and growls when she's around? Dogs that are regarded as inherently viscious can be scary. Or....it could be that your dog is a keen judge of character and is trying to tell you something.

She's put you in an awkward spot, and it sounds as if she isn't willing to sit down and see what compromises can be made. You might be seeing a red flag over this.

Hopefully you two can work this out. The dog might be traumatized if it goes to a different home -- another thing to consider.

--hide--

As a pit bull owner, while the media, others, and now apparently the state of Maryland, may regard them as inherently vicious, they are not. If someone threw you into a ring and made you fight for your life, you would respond in kind. My neighbor's annoying Chihuahua yips constantly, growls, and attempts to bite others. My dog has never done that and socializes with others just fine. So regardless of the breed, if any dog snarls or grows without provocation, someone with experience should be consulted to find out what could be the problem.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I'd hold off on that judgment for awhile, Frank. We don't know the real reason she doesn't want to be...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I'd hold off on that judgment for awhile, Frank. We don't know the real reason she doesn't want to be around Mike's dog. There are some valid reasons, allergies having already been mentioned. Also, she may have been traumatized in her earlier years by a viscious dog. Some people have a difficult time overcoming bad experiences.

On the surface, it does seem she tossed this in Mike's lap rather abruptly which seems odd after 6 months of dating. But....there are still some facts that aren't known yet.

--hide--

Like I said, I'm merely going off of exactly what Mike had posted. If he left information out then that's on him.
Apr 11th 2013 new

[/quote]

I'm sorry, bow out gracefully and THANK her for a beautiful 6 months which were obviously not genuine to begin with after she just wasted his time? WOW. [/quote]

She may not have meant to waste his time. If may be that, as Ray said, the man was paying more attention to his dog, the dog made her nervous (I love dogs, but I'm a miniature sheltie lady wink ), and so on. We can guess all day, but the truth is that we don't know her side of the story.

In either case, a man who acts the part of the gentleman is not at fault, and believe it or not, she will remember that, other people will notice, and he may find the one he's been looking for as a result. Even if none of this comes about, he's a Catholic, and his actions will hold him in good standing.

In breaking off the relationship, he shows respect for himself, but in treating her like a lady, he shows himself, but more importantly God! who he really is. Can't ask for better than that. biggrin

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: I'm sorry, bow out gracefully and THANK her for a beautiful 6 months...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

[/quote]

I'm sorry, bow out gracefully and THANK her for a beautiful 6 months which were obviously not genuine to begin with after she just wasted his time? WOW. [/quote]

She may not have meant to waste his time. If may be that, as Ray said, the man was paying more attention to his dog, the dog made her nervous (I love dogs, but I'm a miniature sheltie lady ), and so on. We can guess all day, but the truth is that we don't know her side of the story.

In either case, a man who acts the part of the gentleman is not at fault, and believe it or not, she will remember that, other people will notice, and he may find the one he's been looking for as a result. Even if none of this comes about, he's a Catholic, and his actions will hold him in good standing.

In breaking off the relationship, he shows respect for himself, but in treating her like a lady, he shows himself, but more importantly God! who he really is. Can't ask for better than that.

--hide--

Well yes I agree to not fly off the handle and say something that he'd regret with God but, man that's just awful to do to a person if the post is 100% accurate and is exactly what it is. Like I said, if Mike is leaving out anything than he just wasted all of our inputs too. LOL
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: As a pit bull owner, while the media, others, and now apparently the state of Maryla...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

As a pit bull owner, while the media, others, and now apparently the state of Maryland, may regard them as inherently vicious, they are not. If someone threw you into a ring and made you fight for your life, you would respond in kind. My neighbor's annoying Chihuahua yips constantly, growls, and attempts to bite others. My dog has never done that and socializes with others just fine. So regardless of the breed, if any dog snarls or grows without provocation, someone with experience should be consulted to find out what could be the problem.

--hide--
I should have been more clear about the inherent nature of some breeds. Absolutely true what you're saying. Dogs can be trained to be well mannered, docile, tame, non-viscious pets. It's just that some breeds are easier to train to be fighters, biters, or attack dogs. Given the right type of "upbringing" as pups, nearly every dog can be safe.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Well yes I agree to not fly off the handle and say something that he'd regret with God but, ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Well yes I agree to not fly off the handle and say something that he'd regret with God but, man that's just awful to do to a person if the post is 100% accurate and is exactly what it is. Like I said, if Mike is leaving out anything than he just wasted all of our inputs too. LOL
--hide--

Nope, no flying off the handle. laughing

Treating the woman as I mentioned above, though, will help bring him peace, I believe. Praying

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Nope, no flying off the handle. Treating the woman as I mentioned above, t...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Nope, no flying off the handle.

Treating the woman as I mentioned above, though, will help bring him peace, I believe.

--hide--

Well of course it will. Also a few drinks will too. LOL. After all, he just wasted six months on her. laughing
Posts 31 - 40 of 166