Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Nope, no flying off the handle. Treating the woman as I mentioned above, t...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Nope, no flying off the handle.

Treating the woman as I mentioned above, though, will help bring him peace, I believe.

--hide--

Bernadette, I'm not really a comedian. biggrin
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I don't have a dog or a cat-- never have. I'm really open to a dog. A little less open to a cat. (I think I ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I don't have a dog or a cat-- never have. I'm really open to a dog. A little less open to a cat. (I think I have a slight allergy to them, and I am definitely more of a dog person.) So I don't think this question would come up with me. I would feel a need to have him choose me or him.

I get that pets are very important to people, that they are like family. In one way I can see why a man or woman can become that attached to an animal. On the other hand, I find it off putting that someone would choose a pet over a person. Pets are lovely, but they are not made in God's image. Now, in most circumstances the person demanding the choice is being selfish, but not always. Some people are deathly allergic to pets; they can't be around them.

I take more issue with the fact that evidently the person who said they "loved" my dog, really didn't. They lead me on over months believing that my pet wasn't an issue. That's unfair. They shouldn't have kept that to themselves letting me thinking everything was going to work. That's what would kill the relationship-- a form of dishonesty.
--hide--

clap Exactly. I love you Dawn from Erlanger Kentucky.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I should have been more clear about the inherent nature of some breeds. Absolutely true what you...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I should have been more clear about the inherent nature of some breeds. Absolutely true what you're saying. Dogs can be trained to be well mannered, docile, tame, non-viscious pets. It's just that some breeds are easier to train to be fighters, biters, or attack dogs. Given the right type of "upbringing" as pups, nearly every dog can be safe.

--hide--

Agreed. I just bristle when I see statements about "inherently vicious" attributed to certain breeds. We had a disappointing legislative session here in MD end this week. It's doing to result in more dogs dying because they will be dropped at shelters in order for the owners to keep their homes. The media has taken turns on breeds in giving them a bad reputation. In the 70s it was Dobermans, 80s German Shepherds, in the 90s Rottweilers, and since the 00s it's been the Pit Bulls. Recently a newborn was killed by a Jack Russell terrier here locally. Nothing about it the news. If it was a pitbull, it would have been plastered everywhere. Pet ownership is a responsibility not to be taken too lightly and it's always important to get the right breed fit for your family/lifestyle.

We're getting off topic, so I'll really step down from my soapbox now.

Apr 11th 2013 new

My daughter-in-law is highly allergic to almost everything! Yet she married my son & accepted his cat as part of the package because she truly loved my son. Ultimatums....well, they seem somewhat controlling to me.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: My daughter-in-law is highly allergic to almost everything! Yet she married my son & accepted his...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

My daughter-in-law is highly allergic to almost everything! Yet she married my son & accepted his cat as part of the package because she truly loved my son. Ultimatums....well, they seem somewhat controlling to me.

--hide--

Your daughter-in-law seems great.
Apr 11th 2013 new

Well Mike, she knew you had a dog to begin with so why would she wait a long time before saying anything? I may not be popular with the ladies on this one, but I would choose the dog too. The same would apply with my cat I suppose if the role was reversed.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

Among the many evil tests I conduct, just to see. . . .

1. Writing. I write a great deal to see if they are good in English, use good grammar, usage, spelling (its important to me).

2. Kids. They meet my "niece and nephews" usually within three months UNLESS I know they do a lot of babysitting or interaction with someone's children.

3. Dogs. I don't have a new puppy, but the dog that my parents rather adopted (read: dognapped) informally was a terrier, and somewhat active. I knew I was going to break up when the long-term, almost engaged girl, was horrified by the dog. . . . too prissy.

4. Talking about politics. She failed that one too, but if you don't lean conservative on family and moral issues, and lean toward supporting the rights of those with disabilities, Medicaid recipients, etc. then no way, Jose. I love Sean Hannity. She didn't. She got liberal, and talked about abortion rights, as a "devout" Catholic. Forget it, kid.

This sounds like I'm picky. I'm not. I'll eat Brussels sprouts alone if you don't want to join me, leave your steak on longer, not criticize your hair too much if you cut it about your chin. . . . but 2-4 are really important. 1 is a little picky. . . maybe.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Among the many evil tests I conduct, just to see. . . . 1. Writing. I write a great deal t...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Among the many evil tests I conduct, just to see. . . .

1. Writing. I write a great deal to see if they are good in English, use good grammar, usage, spelling (its important to me).

2. Kids. They meet my "niece and nephews" usually within three months UNLESS I know they do a lot of babysitting or interaction with someone's children.

3. Dogs. I don't have a new puppy, but the dog that my parents rather adopted (read: dognapped) informally was a terrier, and somewhat active. I knew I was going to break up when the long-term, almost engaged girl, was horrified by the dog. . . . too prissy.

4. Talking about politics. She failed that one too, but if you don't lean conservative on family and moral issues, and lean toward supporting the rights of those with disabilities, Medicaid recipients, etc. then no way, Jose. I love Sean Hannity. She didn't. She got liberal, and talked about abortion rights, as a "devout" Catholic. Forget it, kid.

This sounds like I'm picky. I'm not. I'll eat Brussels sprouts alone if you don't want to join me, leave your steak on longer, not criticize your hair too much if you cut it about your chin. . . . but 2-4 are really important. 1 is a little picky. . . maybe.

--hide--

I'm not following this one...
Apr 11th 2013 new
Hi Mike.

I would think she would have said something sooner about the dog unless you had him crated alot of the time. Is he pestering her when she is there, sniffing, trying to mate with her leg? Now that may be a problem but you didn't mention that.

If she just came out of the blue with the ultimatum, give her up as a bad job and let it go. Just my

opinion. My nephew started allergy shots because he was allergic to his girlfriend's cat. There are other alternatives to some issues.

Eileen
Apr 11th 2013 new

If you aren't used to -- or comfortable with -- animals, you don't understand how very important they are to animal lovers until you've lived with them a while.

Posts 41 - 50 of 166