Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorit...
(Quote) Jenny-872030 said:

Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorite Catholic dating book is "Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World" by Fr. T.G. Morrow. I think I've read it 4 or 5 times at least. I'm not sure if there is an audio version, but I highly recommend it nonetheless!

--hide--

This one is really good!!

Also When God writes your love story: The Ultimate Guide to Guy/Girl Relationships theheart

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Karin-903829 said: Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating?
(Quote) Karin-903829 said:

Does anyone have any recommended reading for Catholic dating?

--hide--

Whom Not To Marry - Time-Tested Advice from a Higher Authority by Fr. Pat Connor

I was at the public library the other day and checked out this book. I thought it was unique since the author is a Catholic priest.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jenny-872030 said: Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorit...

Very good book! I bought it last year and read it in about two days. My all-time favorite Catholic dating book is "Christian Courtship in an Oversexed World" by Fr. T.G. Morrow. I think I've read it 4 or 5 times at least. I'm not sure if there is an audio version, but I highly recommend it nonetheless!

--hide--

OMG Fr. Morrow!!! Sorry to get all excited - I'm part of the women's prayer group at his parish so I know him personally and he's a really awesome guy! He gave a great talk on Theology of the Body that I attended in November and I believe this was one of the books he brought along for people to get a look at. I really need to read it because he's such a wise person and has a lot of really great insights into how to navigate today's "dating" culture, among other things.

As for my own book recommendations - EVERY single Catholic woman NEEDS to read The Thrill of the Chaste by Dawn Eden (sorry if somebody else already mentioned this and I missed the post). It's absolutely fantastic - even for a cradle Catholic like me who grew up learning everything she talks about, it was a huge eye-opener and really gave me a fresh perspective on being single and dating and love, etc. I loved it so much that I wrote down pages and pages of my favorite quotes/passages in a notebook tongue But really, it is a must-read. There probably is an audiobook version - I'm not sure - but here's the Amazon link to the paperback: www.amazon.com

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: "How to find your soulmate without losing yourself" by Jason Evertt Very awesome bo...
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said:

"How to find your soulmate without losing yourself" by Jason Evertt Very awesome book :)

--hide--

I was so thrilled that I was able to get this book free today at the place I volunteer on Thursday mornings!

I will take your advice & begin reading it. heart biggrin

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) James-404829 said: These are not audio books, and these might not seem to be in the category of a 'Catholic dati...
(Quote) James-404829 said:

These are not audio books, and these might not seem to be in the category of a 'Catholic dating book'. Please allow me to put the suggestion nonetheless. Never have I known a woman who reads and recites books such as these not to conduct herself gracefully, charitably, and with true feminine strength when interacting and accepting the men in their lives. I have watched women change before my very eyes into vessels of Divine Love, seeing Jesus in men who were once deplorable to their senses in a way I am sure Mary looked upon her Son.

Another way, I might say it, every woman I have known who has great devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, regardless of whom they might have been before, have set aside themselves and looked for not just for a man to intimately love but for a man to be the Christ in her domestic church, a man to be her prince, priest, and victim.

I apologise if that was too Catholic for Catholic Match. It's just that after reviewing thousands of profiles, I have made the stark connection that rejection a great many men face is the same rejection that Jesus likely faced from all sorts of folks, men and women; Him being an physically unattractive, unemployed, under-skilled labourer, know-it-all, who had to face all sorts of His own demons, whilst still living under His parents roof.

Follow the link for some great books. I suggest the works of St. Louis de Montfort.
www.baroniuspress.com

--hide--

Wow, James, you are a wise man! Nicely stated! God bless, Veronica biggrin theheart

Apr 11th 2013 new

--hide--

Jenny, This book is also one of my favorites! Fr. Morrow ROCKS! God bless, Veronica biggrin theheart

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Amanda-955739 said: OMG Fr. Morrow!!! Sorry to get all excited - I'm part of the women's p...
(Quote) Amanda-955739 said:

OMG Fr. Morrow!!! Sorry to get all excited - I'm part of the women's prayer group at his parish so I know him personally and he's a really awesome guy! He gave a great talk on Theology of the Body that I attended in November and I believe this was one of the books he brought along for people to get a look at. I really need to read it because he's such a wise person and has a lot of really great insights into how to navigate today's "dating" culture, among other things.

As for my own book recommendations - EVERY single Catholic woman NEEDS to read The Thrill of the Chaste by Dawn Eden (sorry if somebody else already mentioned this and I missed the post). It's absolutely fantastic - even for a cradle Catholic like me who grew up learning everything she talks about, it was a huge eye-opener and really gave me a fresh perspective on being single and dating and love, etc. I loved it so much that I wrote down pages and pages of my favorite quotes/passages in a notebook But really, it is a must-read. There probably is an audiobook version - I'm not sure - but here's the Amazon link to the paperback: www.amazon.com

--hide--

Amada,

Wow, you are so blessed to know and have Fr. Morrow in your parish! DO NOT DELAY in reading his book! It is fantastic! Tell him Veronica from Houston, Texas says he ROCKS! God bless you! wave theheart

Apr 11th 2013 new
The most helpful book I have ever read in terms of my Catholic dating life has been Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge. I love this book. It is not really about dating, per se, but it has helped me grow into the woman of God that I want to be. Wild At Heart by John Eldridge has given me more insight into the kind of men I want in my life.

I came across these two books years ago on the CM forums. We had some wonderful discussions about them. I am fixing to read them again, and would love to discuss them again. Is anyone else interested in a forum book discussion?
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-874427 said: A friend of mine recommended "Would You Date You?" It was very insightful. Give it a ...
(Quote) Marissa-874427 said:

A friend of mine recommended "Would You Date You?" It was very insightful. Give it a try.

--hide--

I just ordered this one this week and am looking forward to the insight!

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:I came across these two books years ago on the CM forums. We had some wonderful discussions about t...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

I came across these two books years ago on the CM forums. We had some wonderful discussions about them. I am fixing to read them again, and would love to discuss them again. Is anyone else interested in a forum book discussion?
--hide--

Interesting. I've heard this can be a good way to learn something and make new friends at the same time... biggrin

Posts 21 - 30 of 34