Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new
I have to say that 90% of the messages I get are emotes. Just being honest.
Apr 11th 2013 new

It's hard to tell if someone is really invested via the internet. Emotes with specific comments are better than just emotes by themselves. I've noticed one other thing: a lot of folks seem to have the compulsion to use exclamation marks galore. When people do that, it comes across now as filler for when there's nothing there.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Greg-902815 said: It's hard to tell if someone is really invested via the internet. Emotes with specific comments are better ...
(Quote) Greg-902815 said:

It's hard to tell if someone is really invested via the internet. Emotes with specific comments are better than just emotes by themselves. I've noticed one other thing: a lot of folks seem to have the compulsion to use exclamation marks galore. When people do that, it comes across now as filler for when there's nothing there.

--hide--

!!!!!!! Lol
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: he's a stalker! *l*OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are t...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

he's a stalker! *l*

OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are there emotes that catch your attention more than others? For example, if I "beam a smile" would it be better to say, "say hello"? Or even better yet, would sending a "wink" be seen as too agressive? If I sent a "wink" with the comment, "you're hot.......yeah, baby!" would that be too agressive? *lol* OK, scratch the last question, I was keeding. *l*

The second part is wondering about following up on emotes sent out. So, if I send one out and she looks at my profile and I don't hear anything back, I'm thinking it means she's not interested and leave it alone. Now is it the case that I should send a second in case she's say bashful? I'm thinking not, but then again, I'm open to me being wrong. Just looking for thoughts. Thank you.

--hide--

If you send an emote, make sure to include a message - hopefully something more meaningful than "you're hot...yeah baby!" biggrin Maybe you could comment or ask a question on something in her profile. That way she has something to respond to. An empty emote can lead her to think you are not a paying member and she may not want to engage in a high speed emote exchange. Those are very unfulfilling.

Apr 11th 2013 new
Emote doesn't say much though.. Words are matter.. Even only five letter like "Hello".. Then you make a bit more efforts to say greetings than just a single click emote.. That's the problem with online chatting.. We can't really measure which one is more substantial and meaningful or just a wishy talk??
Apr 11th 2013 new

Dan its great to just send something! ! But if you want responses......send with a leading statement or question. If you really want to get to know a gal and she doesn't answer AND hasnt "viewed" your profile. ...maybe it was overlooked. ...so yeah go ahead and message again. Personally I like a guy who is assertive and not afraid of rejection. My message to the guys.....just send out the messages. ...emoticon s or not. Good luck. God bless.

Apr 11th 2013 new

PS....I did emote a gentlemen yesterday that he was very attractive ( I avoided the term "hot" )!! Well.....he is!!

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: PS....I did emote a gentlemen yesterday that he was very attractive ( I avoided the term "hot" )!! We...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

PS....I did emote a gentlemen yesterday that he was very attractive ( I avoided the term "hot" )!! Well.....he is!!

--hide--

I did that yesterday, too, Susan. wink I have my own southern belle way about it, but I've learned how to drop the hankie clearly in front of them. Sometimes they even pay attention. wink
Apr 11th 2013 new

Send a real message, not an emote. They are so lame, so noncommital, so ...lazy.

But if you do send an emote, say something in it.

And if she responds back by emote with anything encouraging, then send a real message.

That is what I have to say about emotes.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Dan, I agree with the ladies here. While an emote can be nice, a girl's not quite sure w...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Dan, I agree with the ladies here. While an emote can be nice, a girl's not quite sure what it was sent for, especially if it wasn't accompanied with any kind of personal message. I've gotten some like that before, sent an emoticon back and then nothing! I also like to receive well-thought out messages that show you liked what you know of me...and not just my picture. Sending a "Yeah baby!" message (as I've seen from the fora is your version of the 10th Doctor's "Allons-y!" [I apologize if you don't get the Doctor Who reference]), would be best suited after the lady has been sending messages back and forth with you for a while. I can imagine it will become quite endearing to a specific lady one day.

Just a side note, maybe you should send Tara a "yeah baby!" It seemed like you two were getting close in one past fora convo.

--hide--

*l* Funny you should mention sending a "yeah, baby!" to Tara. *l* I did. *l* Although it's tongue-in-cheek. Tara and I are friends and I know we come off as a couple at times, but it's because we're comfortable with one another and have a similar sense of humor.

Posts 21 - 30 of 52