Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Mark-799536 said: As long as you are just going to paraphrase Bob Marley we should add Shakespeare; There is no greater legac...
(Quote) Mark-799536 said: As long as you are just going to paraphrase Bob Marley we should add

Shakespeare; There is no greater legacy than honesty. The truth will hurt

you for a while. But a lie can hurt you forever.

Mark
--hide--

Truer words were never spoken.

Eileen
Apr 11th 2013 new
The quote from St. Augustine is excellent. Thank you.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-799536 said: As long as you are just going to paraphrase Bob Marley we should add Shakespeare; There is no greater leg...
(Quote) Mark-799536 said: As long as you are just going to paraphrase Bob Marley we should add Shakespeare; There is no greater legacy than honesty. The truth will hurt you for a while. But a lie can hurt you forever. Mark
--hide--

First Post Alert!

Welcome to the Fora Mark. wave

I always said that the truth might hurt but lies destroy.

Apr 11th 2013 new
Amen sister, been there and the mental and verbal abuse is very, very hard! Of course nobody sees what's going on because they play the paper sooo good.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Carolina-958832 said: Amen sister, been there and the mental and verbal abuse is very, very hard! Of course nobody sees wha...
(Quote) Carolina-958832 said: Amen sister, been there and the mental and verbal abuse is very, very hard! Of course nobody sees what's going on because they play the paper sooo good.
--hide--

Been there, done that--can totally understand! theheart

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: (Quote) Carolina-958832 said: Amen sister, been there and the mental and verbal a...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Quote:
Carolina-958832 said: Amen sister, been there and the mental and verbal abuse is very, very hard! Of course nobody sees what's going on because they play the paper sooo good.

Been there, done that--can totally understand!

--hide--

Hi everybody,

I never come into this forum and I think It caught my attention because tonight I have more time to read and reflect, plus I'm trying to understand what happened yesterday......

Regarding Carol's and Carolina's post that's the reason I got divorced.

Regarding Casey's post that's what happened to me yesterday.

I have always been very careful not to hurt a man's heart if I know he has feelings for me and I'm not at the same level.

What's the saying what goes around comes aroun correct me if I'm wrong.

Casey thanks for opening this thread. wave

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Myriam-344031 said: Regarding Casey's post that's what happened to me yesterday.
(Quote) Myriam-344031 said:

Regarding Casey's post that's what happened to me yesterday.

--hide--

Myriam, it hurts so much when it's fresh. All the hopes & dreams dashed lovestruck! cloudnine ... No matter how hard we have tried to guard our hearts heartbeat , well, when someone says, "I'm not the one for you/You're not the one for me" that's a blow to the heart that knocks all the air out! surprised I cried sad for days when I heard these words a short time ago. (By the way, it was not in regard to that truly abusive relationship several years ago--that was one I needed to escape.) I hope you have a source of support, trusted people to talk to. My daughter-in-law called me every day to check on me--Bless her! You get a Gold Star!

Try to focus on the One who truly loves you unconditionally. theheart

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Myriam, it hurts so much when it's fresh. All the hopes & dreams dashed ... ...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Myriam, it hurts so much when it's fresh. All the hopes & dreams dashed ... No matter how hard we have tried to guard our hearts , well, when someone says, "I'm not the one for you/You're not the one for me" that's a blow to the heart that knocks all the air out! I cried for days when I heard these words a short time ago. (By the way, it was not in regard to that truly abusive relationship several years ago--that was one I needed to escape.) I hope you have a source of support, trusted people to talk to. My daughter-in-law called me every day to check on me--Bless her!

Try to focus on the One who truly loves you unconditionally.

--hide--

Good morning everybody,

Carol thanks for your comments advice you really know what your talking about. I already talked to some good people.

I'm thinking of sending him my last message to let him know how and feel and that it's not right to do that to women.

I have to go now.
Have a good Sunday!

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: The greatest cowardice for a man is to awaken love within the heart of a womanwithout eve...
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

The greatest cowardice for a man is to
awaken love within the heart of a woman
without ever having the intention
to love her back !

This is emotional abuse in disguise !!
Be ever so careful , when holding
her heart , if she gives it to you !

--hide--

Works both ways... :-)

Apr 17th 2013 new

I have to tell you that recently happened to me. I lost my husband of 27 years almost 4 years ago. Looking for someone to continue my journey with, I fell in love with a man that had some pretty severe health issues. He became verbally/emotionally controlling and abusive in spite of me providing for his health and well-being. Then he cheated on me with an old girlfriend via sexting. I am in the beginning stages of my annullment process.
A close friend of mine was going through the RCIA process in a small parish in the adjoining diocese to mine. One of the RCIA candidates was also single, and had been married twice before. My friend introduced us, and it was awesome! However the glitch was that the gentleman's RCIA sponsor was an "old family friend" and she was very possessive of him. This gentleman and I had both expressed that we had feelings for each other, and I had reason to believe things were going well. That was far from the reality. He decided to dump me without a reason, and has never offered any explanation. I have had no closure on this and am struggling with it even now. (This happened the first weekend in March 2013.) Please , to all the gentlemen out there, our hearts are not invincible, and we can be severly damaged when we are "loved and dumped" . Ladies, the same goes for us when we are holding a man's heart. We all need to remember to follow Jesus' example in all areas of our lives, even relationships. I am still a fairly young person and a romantic at heart, and I continue to pray that God has a plan, and Someone to go with it.

Blessings to you all ! Kim

Posts 21 - 30 of 33