Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: If you send an emote, make sure to include a message - hopefully something more me...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

If you send an emote, make sure to include a message - hopefully something more meaningful than "you're hot...yeah baby!" Maybe you could comment or ask a question on something in her profile. That way she has something to respond to. An empty emote can lead her to think you are not a paying member and she may not want to engage in a high speed emote exchange. Those are very unfulfilling.

--hide--

Wait......."you're hot.....yeah, baby!" isn't very meaningful? Curses! No wonder I haven't received any responses. *l* I keed. I keed. Yes, sending a message with a question that is thoughtful is my new plan of attack. *s*

Apr 11th 2013 new

Any kind of positive contact is flattering. I wouldn't worry too much about sending the perfect message. Just knowing that a guy is interested often sparks a conversation :)

Apr 12th 2013 new
Lol thanks, Beverly
Apr 12th 2013 new
Oh my, you're just encouraging him!
Apr 12th 2013 new
"Yeah, baby" does it for me every time. Okay, joking. Pick your jaw up.
Apr 12th 2013 new
Lol and y'all just encourage him... Goodness gracious. Danimal is my penance! Lol
Apr 12th 2013 new

I don't mind getting emotes, and whenever I send one back it always includes the maximum allowed characters, equalling about two sentences. Usually I find something in his profile that I identify with in order to strike up a conversation. To any men reading out there, THIS WORKS TWO WAYS, YOU KNOW. Just trying for a subtle hint there......

I'm a writer too - not profession, just wordy. I prefer messaging with a few questions, giving time to respond and hopefully ask some of his own.

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I agree with Chelle. Something that shows that he really paid attention to my profile and prompts further co...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

I agree with Chelle. Something that shows that he really paid attention to my profile and prompts further conversation.
--hide--

That's not fair when your heavenly smile is on the same page!
Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: You pretty much answered your own questions Dan! But anyway, if a girl doesn't respond to your original ...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

You pretty much answered your own questions Dan! But anyway, if a girl doesn't respond to your original emote it would probably be a waste of your time to send another. Assuming she's bashful is reading too much into it. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that. Just keep the flow at the pace she does and things will or will not progress naturally from there. Be yourself, I guess you could say.... assuming yourself isn't the send the 'youre hot yeah baby!' emote self! lol

--hide--

If "You're hot" is bad how bout trying the opposite? "You're cold!" laughing
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: OK, that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. I would agree that messages are a g...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

OK, that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. I would agree that messages are a good way to go and definitely something I will now add to my repartee when contacting women on CM. Thank you for the great advice. Hopefully this will increase responses. So far just tumbleweeds (copyright, Alice).

--hide--

Everyone's pretty much said it, but yeah sending messages are a much more effective means of contacting someone and trying to establish a connection. Emoticons are far too limited in how much you can type, and if you're paying the cash for a subscription, you may as well take advantage of the message feature because if you make a good analysis on a woman's profile, anything that you like from it, or would like to point out, in addition to anything you'd like to say about yourself should take about two paragraphs on average, something you simply won't have the space for in an emoticon. Definitely don't force it to have to be that long, but the general idea is that you want to be sending more than just a couple short sentences, because you're not really giving her a good message to understand you otherwise.

Posts 31 - 40 of 52