Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: (Quote) Frank-410833 said: You must be so proud of yourself. Only the g...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Quote:
Frank-410833 said:

You must be so proud of yourself.

Only the good kinda proud. Not the kind that ends with the eternal BBQ.

--hide--
That's cool!!
04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Natalie-955550 said: We should not consider ourselves picky when it comes to the morals and values that all should f...
(Quote) Natalie-955550 said:

We should not consider ourselves picky when it comes to the morals and values that all should follow. We are being led by the Spirit to find that person who is driven by their Catholic morals and values. If we are to say something is picky I feel it would be in regards to looks. We must be very catious about whom we choose to date and befriend because of the lack of morals in "an every thing goes world". It is sure is hard to find a person with those morals who does not just pay lip service to the


--hide--


So true Natalie !! clap clap clap

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That's not picky, kiddo.Picky is, you don't accept a second date ONLY because his tab...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That's not picky, kiddo.
Picky is, you don't accept a second date ONLY because his table manners weren't up to snuff.

--hide--


If the person is physically attractive, that can even mean with a few extra pounds or whatever, and follows at least most of the Church's Core teachings, and is conservative then I'm usually interested. I admittedly have certain "types" I'm attracted more to than others which I don't think is abnormal, but that said attraction is something I've noticed can grow with time, and I've become attracted to people the opposite of that "type." I'm a lot more open to people I normally wouldn't seek out if they look at my profile, or they message me first.

I'm blessed enough that I do well enough on this site, but have had the unfortunate dealings of coming across many picky people that are inexplicable. For example someone who sends one message or emote in response to the first message I send, then completely breaks contact without saying anything after a second message is sent to them. I'm careful to make sure I don't say anything that can be taken the wrong way by accident or whatever in any of my messages as well, so as far as I can tell there's really no rhyme or reason, just seems pretty random.

04/11/2013 new

[quote]Naomi-698107 said:

If you dated someone 15 years younger you'd probably end up in prison. :p

Just saying.

"Picky" is quite subjective really. I'm picky about Catholicism, I won't date some lazy cafeteria catholic. Likewise, I probably wouldn't date a man who's 98 and weighs 400kg so much so that his skin is growing into the couch. My pickiness for age/weight et cetera stems from pragmatisim,with that said, I'm a larger lass myself and have noted that very few men are willing to consider me. Despite that fact I'm fit, have very good stamina and can lift more than most of the "in shape" guys.

And my burping is supreme. I can burp the alphabet. WITH ONE BURP. Not one burp per letter. 26 LETTERS IN ONE BURP!

haha! Love it!

04/11/2013 new

sorry---I am not good at replying --obviously! What I meant was "haha! I love it Naomi!"

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said: (Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If you dated someone 15 years you...
(Quote) Clarissa-945304 said:

[quote]Naomi-698107 said:





If you dated someone 15 years younger you'd probably end up in prison. :p



Just saying.



"Picky" is quite subjective really. I'm picky about Catholicism, I won't date some lazy cafeteria catholic. Likewise, I probably wouldn't date a man who's 98 and weighs 400kg so much so that his skin is growing into the couch. My pickiness for age/weight et cetera stems from pragmatisim,with that said, I'm a larger lass myself and have noted that very few men are willing to consider me. Despite that fact I'm fit, have very good stamina and can lift more than most of the "in shape" guys.



And my burping is supreme. I can burp the alphabet. WITH ONE BURP. Not one burp per letter. 26 LETTERS IN ONE BURP!





haha! Love it!

--hide--


Obviously I meant age differnces within reason people. lol For example a person who's 32 dating someone who's 45-50 if they had all of the morals and same Catholic views and had fun together also.
04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Obviously I meant age differnces within reason people. lol For example a person who's 32 dating someo...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Obviously I meant age differnces within reason people. lol For example a person who's 32 dating someone who's 45-50 if they had all of the morals and same Catholic views and had fun together also.
--hide--


Some people will just never get it. They're their own worst enemies. God will show them in the next life who he sent to them as a potential spouse and point out all of the issues we had with each one of them and say " you never married because you chose not to be married ". That's all I have to say about that.
04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Some people will just never get it. They're their own worst enemies. God will show them in the next l...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Some people will just never get it. They're their own worst enemies. God will show them in the next life who he sent to them as a potential spouse and point out all of the issues we had with each one of them and say " you never married because you chose not to be married ". That's all I have to say about that.
--hide--


Now you're all free to talk amongst yourselves. I won't chime in on this one any longer.
04/12/2013 new
I've got to admit looks do matter to me but they're not everything. If one doesn't have good character, morals, or faith then that person will be less attractive to me. If we get too picky, we might end up getting nobody. It's impossible to find someone that is perfect so we can only hope we'll find the best person we can find. Even if we find a great person, there will always be somebody better.
04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: How many of you too picky when it comes to dating? Either the person is too tall or short, thin or heavy...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: How many of you too picky when it comes to dating? Either the person is too tall or short, thin or heavyset, young or old etc..
--hide--

Frank, I've gotta do this! It's a case of gitter dern boy! gitter dern!! gangster flamed

I surveyed 5 Vultures and I was assured they are never too picky! But they do draw the line when it comes to dates!! They cause a lot of flatulance, which plays havock with their usage of thermals when flying!!!! I hope this will help your survey of opinions.I am waiting for the Condors to send in their responses. faint faint

Posts 41 - 50 of 61