Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I absolutely cannot stand these ads that keep popping up on the home page. This is one place we should be able to get away from them. Ugly girls need love ad with picture showing a big butt and to click to look at more pictures, etc.... can't you do something about it.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I absolutely cannot stand these ads that keep popping up on the home page. This is one place we ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I absolutely cannot stand these ads that keep popping up on the home page. This is one place we should be able to get away from them. Ugly girls need love ad with picture showing a big butt and to click to look at more pictures, etc.... can't you do something about it.

--hide--

You have to click on it and send the website in a help ticket..

Apr 11th 2013 new
How distasteful!
Apr 11th 2013 new

I'm glad you made this topic. I've been noticing those too, and I didn't know what to do about it...

Apr 11th 2013 new

sometimes cookies follow people when they visit sites

Apr 11th 2013 new

Need to delete cookies in your web browser at least once a week; especially if your browser allows 3rd party cookies.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: sometimes cookies follow people when they visit sites
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

sometimes cookies follow people when they visit sites

--hide--

I would have to agree with that. I get ads for horse gear most times other times culinary classes, gourmet cookware, vince camuto, ann taylor, webbs water gardens and nordstrom. Can't think of any others.

Apr 11th 2013 new
I don't see that sort of thing, but I run with scripts disabled.
Apr 12th 2013 new

I keep getting a "psychic readings" and horoscope nonsense.

I smile because its ironic.

Of course, I wouldn't be to keen on the rude ones. Although I know that FB scans your posts et al and then lines up adverts that match the words.

For example, I get told often about cheap bacon and abortions.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I absolutely cannot stand these ads that keep popping up on the home page. This is one place we...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--

We use Google Double Click with adsense to serve our ads. We have the strictest filters that google allows. However sometimes ads either get through due to mis-categorization or some other reason beyond our control. When you see an ad that you feel is objectionable simple click on the ad and then copy the URL of the page you land on and send the link via a help ticket. Our customer service staff that submits the base URL to a black list in our google account which prevent any future ads from that domain.

Additionally if you have clicked on a website either intentionally or by accident they likely set a cookie on your browser (all websites use cookies) and now you are recieving re-targeting ads. Clearing your cookies or clearing the specific cookies of certain websites should prevent those ads from being served to you.

Posts 1 - 10 of 17