Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Everyone A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Hi Everyone

A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions .. Just a quick update for now .. Stayed at a friend's last nite ... Came back home at 7am today and everything was OK ... It's funny, when these 2 incidents happened, I wasn't scared or anything .. was determined to keep the guy out on the first day ... and get the guy out on the second day ... (BTW, I don't think they are one and the same) ...Anyway, since it's been over I, well, don't know if I'm a wimp or what, but now I feel on edge a lot and don't really want to go back home ... I had the door secured that he broke but still this whole thing has done a number on my head .. In some ways I am very fortunate (God was watching) to have awoken just in time on 2 occasions ... the guy who got in could have easily done me in a variety of ways while I was sleeping (wasn't that a movie?) ... Anyway, I keep seeing this guy in my mind's eye and it is tough for me to get a handle on it mentally .. Ok,we'll see ...

Again, God bless you all for all your kindness ... Thsi is what CM is all about in the best sense!

--hide--

I know I would feel as you do if that had happened to me. You couldn't get me to go back to my house. It's suppose to be the 1 place you are safe and when that is taken away I'm sure it's a horrible feeling; but take comfort in the fact that God was with you and you came out of both instances safe. I like the idea of a nice big guard dog and he'll make a nice companion too :)

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Prayer and a .357 Magnum kept handy. God helps those who help themselves. Oh, and practice regula...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Prayer and a .357 Magnum kept handy. God helps those who help themselves. Oh, and practice regularly.

--hide--

I agree. When You are seconds from disaster, the police are minutes away. Consider a Reminton 870 shotgun. If you're getting a revolver, go straight ti to the S&Ws. Also: Consider getting a dog. They are the very best perimeter defense.

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Andy-516957 said: I agree. When You are seconds from disaster, the police are minutes away. Consider a Remin...
(Quote) Andy-516957 said:

I agree. When You are seconds from disaster, the police are minutes away. Consider a Reminton 870 shotgun. If you're getting a revolver, go straight ti to the S&Ws. Also: Consider getting a dog. They are the very best perimeter defense.

--hide--

Exactly. Also an M4 Carbine and a Gatling mounted right in the living room as well. Lol. Or you could do what Macaulay Culkin did in Home Alone and get a train set and attach cardboard cutouts of people to it. But, the hiring of Steven Seagal would be the most ideal.
Apr 12th 2013 new

Praying for you and your safety and security.

Apr 12th 2013 new

Richard,

Thank God that HE woke you up and that you are ok! Will send prayers your way! God bless you always, Veronica theheart

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Exactly. Also an M4 Carbine and a Gatling mounted right in the living room as well. Lol. Or you ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Exactly. Also an M4 Carbine and a Gatling mounted right in the living room as well. Lol. Or you could do what Macaulay Culkin did in Home Alone and get a train set and attach cardboard cutouts of people to it. But, the hiring of Steven Seagal would be the most ideal.
--hide--

Warning! Warning! Aliens have breached the force field! Warning! Set your phasers to kill.

Incoming missile warp factor six Spock!

Illogical Mr Sulu!

That what you think Big Ears!!

Exterminate! Exterminate!

Who called who?

What?

Not what who?

Who's on 4.

Spocks on 6.

Kirks on acid

and Scotties on the potty!!

Kirk to engine room.

Aye captain!

Scottie get off the pottie and give us warp factor 9

Shields up!!

your medication is sitting on the red button Captain Kirk!

Kirk to sick bay.

Yes Captain.

I think I just swallowed the red button!!

This ship will self destruct in 10 seconds to overide destruction please press red button!

Now you tell me!

There was a Kaboom an Earth shattering Kaboom!!!!!

Frank! come out of hiding Frank! I've to you not to mess with the Red Button. troll yoda violin

Apr 12th 2013 new

Perhaps not the proper forum (prayer room) for this that was published this morning, but certainly timely and appropriate to the OP's circumstances:

www.theblaze.com

Read/watch to see what harmful effect gun control has had in Australia, and do give it careful and prayerful consideration next time you go to the polls.

Apr 12th 2013 new

Richard, sprinkle Holy Water in every room before you retire and pray to your Guardian Angel and St. Michael for protection. I do this every night anbd I also have an alarm system. I will pray for your safety.

Apr 12th 2013 new
Praying for you, Richard! All who have experienced crime at their home (their place of peace and refuge) understand that it is totally natural to be shaken up by such an event. Definitely do the logical things you can do to secure your home... some good suggestions have been made about lighting, secure locks, a security door, an alarm system if you can. If you are a homeowner, check with your insurance company because discounts from them can help offset the expense of an alarm system. Don't be shy about asking for help. Your local police dept should have a community relations officer who can help you determine what would be worth investing in versus not. Have you inquired about a Neighborhood Watch Program? My block didn't have one, so I took the initiative to get it going. You can never have too many eyes and ears... or too much support. I think you are in for some trouble sleeping for a while, but time will help and doing things that will make you feel more secure will also help. If it is really disturbing or not getting better in time, a counselor can help. Being victimized is traumatic so reach out if you need to. PEOPLE: dogs are living beings (God's creatures), a responsibility and more expensive than a security system in the long run. They aren't objects you just put out in your yard to scare off potential intruders. Think please!!! There are reasons to get dogs, but "my house got broken into" is not one of them. And there are many news stories of large dogs who did not attack intruders. So then what ... dump the dog? There are logical solutions for Richard to pursue.
Apr 12th 2013 new

Thank you all again for your encouraging, insightful posts ... To update,
last nite was the day after the F2F encounter (obviously not like the F2Fs we
all want here on CM!) and the first nite I stayed in my home .. Must say I was
very anxious and slept a total of only about one hour before I got up at
7am for work ... I just could not find a way to relax, instead
interpreting every sound and creak of the house as another intruder .. Last
nite it was bad weather here, very windy, so every time things blew around
outside I was up and watching with my old trusty baseball bat thinking oh
man ... Remember, I was in bed when I first became aware of the intruder,
so going back up in my bedroom brings it back very vividly and is
creepy ... Again, at the risk of sounding wimpy, I just want to be honest