Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

To Annul or Not

Apr 12th 2013 new

I am curious about the number of people who are divorced but not annulled or working on an annullmet. What is holding you back? scratchchin scratchchin

Apr 12th 2013 new
paperwork, fear, time
Apr 12th 2013 new

What do you think we fear the most about the process?

Apr 12th 2013 new

All the pain being brought to life again.

Apr 12th 2013 new

I don't have any firsthand experience...but it seems to me than many folks realize they have no grounds for an annulment. scratchchin

Apr 12th 2013 new
I have grounds and have been told so by a member of the council. All I need is to have my ex tell them truthfully that he never intended to be faithful.
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I don't have any firsthand experience...but it seems to me than many folks realize they have ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I don't have any firsthand experience...but it seems to me than many folks realize they have no grounds for an annulment.

--hide--

Funny thing about that, I thought after 34 years of marriage the Tribunal would say that there were no grounds for my annullment but as I worked through the process, I learned things that I had closed my eyes to all that time and that there were legitimate grounds.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: All I need is to have my ex tell them truthfully that he never intended to be faithful.
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: All I need is to have my ex tell them truthfully that he never intended to be faithful.
--hide--

I was surprised by the willingness of my ex to actually tell the Tribunal exactly what was needed. eyepopping But even with that it was hard to read what he wrote.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: I was surprised by the willingness of my ex to actually tell the Tribunal exactl...
(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said:

I was surprised by the willingness of my ex to actually tell the Tribunal exactly what was needed. But even with that it was hard to read what he wrote.

--hide--
The timing of this conversation is so interesting. My dear friend and I had a similar conversation last weekend. She is feeling prompted to pursue an annulment now that her ex-husband is getting married for the 3rd time. (She was the 2nd wife.)

As for me, I pursued my annulment before I would allow myself to date. I refused to believe that my marriage had been sacramental. I needed the validation from the church that what I had experienced was not a healthy marriage. I take full responsibility for my share of that unhealthy marriage. I received my annulment less than 2 yrs after the divorce. It was 27 typewritten pages. I went to a therapist to process my life while working on the annulment. The money, time and tears were well spent.

Many years later, I became a licensed marriage and family therapist. God has a great sense of humor!

Apr 12th 2013 new

Took me 20+ years.. I always knew I had good grounds, but I'm the ultimate procrastinator.. I also didn't date at all for almost 13 years so there wasn't any inherent need to do it.

Posts 1 - 10 of 58