Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Nicole-958786 said: Any kind of positive contact is flattering. I wouldn't worry too much about sending the perf...
(Quote) Nicole-958786 said:

Any kind of positive contact is flattering. I wouldn't worry too much about sending the perfect message. Just knowing that a guy is interested often sparks a conversation :)

--hide--

Just as an extension on this theme. Is there away of knowing whether an emote or message has been read. At least it would be a clearer message of no interest if, say two messages, are read,and no reply. It would put the sender out of their state of anticipatory torture. If the messages have not been opened well that probably indicates that the person is away, rather than being interpreted as a silent rejection. What say you CM crowd??

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. A properly crafted email (not a long one) catches my attention. It says that he is interested enough in me to invest some effort and time in real communication. It is also confident and bold. Sometimes we dance around with emotes and it is all too timid for this often cruel world, right?
--hide--

Dawn, while this may be true for you that probably does not apply to the majority of our users. Based on the numbers of emotigrams sent and read as well as the continued comfort level of texting and the fact that so many of our "member stories" specifically talking recieving an "emotigram" leads us to believe that they are an effective starting point to communication. But of course everyone is different and not all preferences and rules apply to all people 100% of the time. So it is important to try different things and also be open to any signals somoene might be sending you even if it is not your preferred way of being "wooed."

Just as in the real world it is always surprising what gets people's attention. One of the couple's we feature in our videos her attention was grabbed because the guy had a photo(s) of him doing hand stands. Some girls might think that is goofy/lame others goofy/cute and there in lies why meeting and dating is so hard! :)

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. A properly crafted email (not a long one) catches my attention. It says that he is interested enough in me to invest some effort and time in real communication. It is also confident and bold. Sometimes we dance around with emotes and it is all too timid for this often cruel world, right?
--hide--

I second this. I was going to stress one point that was made over another one, but one shouldn't mess with perfection. (Although, if I had to, I'd stress the "confident and bold" part.)

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Dawn, while this may be true for you that probably does not apply to the majority of our users....
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Dawn, while this may be true for you that probably does not apply to the majority of our users. Based on the numbers of emotigrams sent and read as well as the continued comfort level of texting and the fact that so many of our "member stories" specifically talking recieving an "emotigram" leads us to believe that they are an effective starting point to communication. But of course everyone is different and not all preferences and rules apply to all people 100% of the time. So it is important to try different things and also be open to any signals somoene might be sending you even if it is not your preferred way of being "wooed."

Just as in the real world it is always surprising what gets people's attention. One of the couple's we feature in our videos her attention was grabbed because the guy had a photo(s) of him doing hand stands. Some girls might think that is goofy/lame others goofy/cute and there in lies why meeting and dating is so hard! :)

--hide--

True!

This was an answer to the question "What gets your attention?" I responded addressing that just in case a man reading my response particularly wanted to get MY attention. I honestly don't want to spend a whole of time speaking about what works for others and not for me.

But I do agree that we should always be open and branch out. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over expecting different results. Makes me wonder where the line between persistence and insanity is?
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: True! But I do agree that we should always be open and branch out. Insanity is trying the ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

True!

But I do agree that we should always be open and branch out. Insanity is trying the same thing over and over expecting different results. Makes me wonder where the line between persistence and insanity is?
--hide--

I would say your bank balance would be my answer. If you keep doing the same thing and become wealthy it is called persistence. If you keep doing the same thing with nothing to show for it, I would call that insanity (unless I were a politician, lol).

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: True! This was an answer to the question "What gets your attention?" I responded...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

True!

This was an answer to the question "What gets your attention?" I responded addressing that just in case a man reading my response particularly wanted to get MY attention. I honestly don't want to spend a whole of time speaking about what works for others and not for me.

--hide--

Give me five and I'll ask a happy Medium!! I certainly won't consult the bag at Endor that messed up King Saul! In his case he should have struck a happy Medium! With the back edge of his sword!! stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Did I hear the term Insanity! Sanity is not what it's cracked up to be! Just ask the Mad Hatter!! Change places!!! Oh how I hate Change Places!!!!! faint

'

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: If "You're hot" is bad how bout trying the opposite? "You're cold!"
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

If "You're hot" is bad how bout trying the opposite? "You're cold!"
--hide--

Ok Clair. Har har har. duck just kidding, lol

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Con-888377 said: Just as an extension on this theme. Is there away of knowing whether an emote or message has been...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Just as an extension on this theme. Is there away of knowing whether an emote or message has been read. At least it would be a clearer message of no interest if, say two messages, are read,and no reply. It would put the sender out of their state of anticipatory torture. If the messages have not been opened well that probably indicates that the person is away, rather than being interpreted as a silent rejection. What say you CM crowd??

--hide--

Long ago there was a way to tell. I don't know why they changed that.
Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: "Yeah, baby" does it for me every time. Okay, joking. Pick your jaw up.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: "Yeah, baby" does it for me every time.

Okay, joking. Pick your jaw up.
--hide--

laughing
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: "Yeah, baby" does it for me every time. Okay, joking. Pick your jaw up.
--hide--

"Yeah, baby" does it for me every time. -------> I knew it! laughing laughing

Posts 41 - 50 of 52