Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

How to Quit Smoking?

Apr 11th 2013 new

Attention: Please non-smokers or people who have no Smoking Experience, kindly do not answer this question. We want to solve the problem with the help of experienced members.

What is the Best Way to Quit Smoking or at Least Smoke Less?

Is Electronic Cigarettes Helpful or Just Waste of Money? Have You Tried Them?

What About Your Friends and Family Members, Have They Tried These Products?

Which Electronic Cigarette's Brand is More Helpful?

Speeches or Very Expensive Advertisements had no Effect; it Proves that we Must Find a Practical Solution for this Problem.

Do Electronic Cigarettes Help Smokers to Smoke less or Maybe Quit? rose

Apr 11th 2013 new

I'm not a smoker and never have been but I have been around smokers my entire life. Both my mother and grandmother were both long time smokers. My grandmother smoked unfiltered camels and quit cold turkey. My mom quit 3.5 years ago after smoking for 50 years. She tried prescription meds first and after one dose quit using it. She finally found a smokers prayer that she used and prayed with every night. It worked. She has no desire to go back to smoking and can't because the issue that smoking started.

I have a coworker that quit smoking about 10 months ago and uses an electronic cigarette. He says it helps. However, he also told me the electronic cigarette still has a little nicotine in it to still give the smoker that urge they crave in a cigarette.

So I would say, what ever you try, its up to you and what kind of will power and desire you have to quit as to what you choose to use.

I know you were looking for a smoker or former smoker to answer but don't expect that just because a non-smoker has never smoked that they haven't been subjected to the experience.

Apr 12th 2013 new

Dear Rehunda

Thanks for your kind and helpful answer

I was not looking for a smoker or former smoker to answer! But “people with smoking experiences”, it means smokers, former smokers and people whose friends and family members were smokers and stopped smoking. How did they stop?

A non-smoker like you, who had that experience with her mother and grandmother, is able to help.

I’m curious to know what prayer your mother used to say to quit smoking.

Would you please share it with others? Praying

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Would you please share it with others?
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Would you please share it with others?
--hide--

Here it is.

SMOKING

Millions are concerned about keeping their cars, clocks, refrigerators, etc. in good working order but daily put poison into their most valuable possession- THE BODY-which is more complex and remarkable than any machine could ever build. God designed, created and gave man this beautiful gift to be the temple in which the Holy Spirit could dwell with the individual’s spirit during its sojourn in this world.

First Corinthians-6:19, 3:17 – Know ye not that your BODY is the temple of the Holy Ghost? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy, for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Nicotine is a very powerful drug causing a sharp release of adrenalin, increasing the heartbeat and raising the blood pressure as certain arteries contract. This continual jolt from nicotine drives the heart to as many as 20 extra heartbeats per minute in a heavy smoker and can amount to 10 million Extra Beats every year; thus a smoker lives up 1 Extra Year every 3 ½ while the heart is straining and pounding away at clogged blood vessels.

Every year 5 times as many Americans die from nicotine as are killed in auto wrecks. The number of coronary and vascular deaths resulting from cigarette smoking exceeds the combined total from all accidents, suicides and homicides in this country. Only 1 out of 270 non-smokers will die from lung cancer, 1 out of 10 smokers will. Forty percent of cancers in men and thirty percent in women are cigarette related. The nicotine from one package of cigarettes injected in one time would kill faster than a bullet.

Cigarette smoke contains 19 poisons including: furfural which is 50 times as poisonous as alcohol, carbon monoxide, cyanide, arsenic, formaldehyde, cresol****. Smoking depletes vitamin C in the body: causing, among other things, the skin to dry and wrinkle. Smokers not only endanger their own health but that of others around them. Children of smokers have twice the repository ills of those non-smokers. Use of tobacco in any form is a useless, dirty and expensive habit and is definitely a “LUST OF THE FLESH”.

First John 2:15, 16-Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in Him. For all that is in the world, the Lust of the Flesh****is not of the Father, but is of the World.

Proverbs 16:27- An ungodly man digs up evil, and in his lips there is as a burning fire.

Second Corinthians 6:17- Wherefore come out from among them, and Touch not the unclean Thing: and I will receive you**** All unrighteousness is sin (First John 5:17)

First John 1:9- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Dear Lord Jesus, I confess all my sins to You, especially this one of using tobacco, which I realize was Satan’s chain to keep me captive. Thank you for my body; I am sorry I was defiling it. I relinquish the habit and with Your help, I will never us tobacco in any form again. Cleanse me, through Your blood, of all desire and of all effects it has had upon my body. Make me a clean vessel of Your use. Thank You for hearing and answering. Amen.

Immediately destroy all tobacco in your possession; buy no more, accept no more.

Romans 13:14 – Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provisions for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Thess. 5.22 Abstain from the appearance of evil*** Go and sin no more***If the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Roman 12.1 – I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice. Holy acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service, and be not, conformed to this world.

1st Cor. 6:19, 20 - Ye are not your own, For ye are Bought with a Price, (the precious blood of Christ) therefore Glorify God, in Your Body, and in Your Spirit, which are God’s.

II Cor. – 7:1 – Having therefore these promises dearly beloved, let us Cleanse Ourselves from all Filthiness of the Flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Phil. – 4:13- I can Do ALL Things through Christ who strengthens me.

Rev. 21.1 – He that overcometh (the “lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life”) shall inherit all things: and I will be his God and he shall be my son.

Titus 2:12 – We should live soberly, righteously, and Godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, the glorious appearing of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:16 – Because it is written, Be Ye Holy, for I Am Holy.

Apr 13th 2013 new

A coworker of mine that smoked for 30+ years switched to an electronic cigarette over a weekend several months ago and hasn't had a cigarette since, but now he is dependent on the EC.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Thanks Rhonda for sharing this prayer.

God Bless You hug

Apr 14th 2013 new

Hi James

Finally I found a trustworthy eyewitness who has seen these e-cigarettes. Are they helpful? How long it took for him to stop smoking?

Unfortunately the huge tobacco industry is so powerful and rich, the tax they pay to all governments all over the world is the highest among other industries. So Governments and politicians support them too and they don't care about people's health.

As far as I have read the scientific researches reports about e-cigs, nicotine is as harmful as caffeine (coffee & tea). Both are the same, both are addictive, same addiction levels. What is killing people is not nicotine itself, it's the Tobacco Smoke which causes cancer, asthma and many other illnesses.

Still more researches must be done about them. But as there is no smoke I think at least these are less harmful than real cigarettes.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Hi Bahar,

My coworker had tried the EC several years ago but, for some reason, he did not stick with it. This last time it was as if he made a conscious decison to make it work and just did the switch over a weekend. He is approaching 60 and I think he realizes that, if he wants to enjoy a healthy retirement, that quitting the habit is right thing to do.

My hope for you is that the EC is just step on the way to ridding yourself of the habit all together.

Good Luck!

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Attention: Please non-smokers or people who have no Smoking Experience, kindly do not answer this...
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said:

Attention: Please non-smokers or people who have no Smoking Experience, kindly do not answer this question. We want to solve the problem with the help of experienced members.

What is the Best Way to Quit Smoking or at Least Smoke Less?

Is Electronic Cigarettes Helpful or Just Waste of Money? Have You Tried Them?

What About Your Friends and Family Members, Have They Tried These Products?

Which Electronic Cigarette's Brand is More Helpful?

Speeches or Very Expensive Advertisements had no Effect; it Proves that we Must Find a Practical Solution for this Problem.

Do Electronic Cigarettes Help Smokers to Smoke less or Maybe Quit?

--hide--

Per the Indiana Tobacco Quitline:

"Are you ready to make a change in your life? Are you ready to take back control? The Indiana Tobacco Quitline knows how hard it is to quit. We know that it may take several attempts, but we are here to walk you through it every step of the way. We'll find ways to help you curb the cravings. Your health will improve and you will feel the benefits of living a tobacco-free life. This FREE service is available to Indiana Residents residents that make the call. Are you ready to stop smoking? Simply call 1-800-QUIT-NOW( 1-800-784-8669) from 8 am to 3am, 7 days-a-week to talk to a trained Quit Coach and receive immediate benefits".

In FL, the Tobacco Free FL program is very effective, and the smoking ads on TV are very strong. I'm not sure if they are national, but they are very powerful. They are probably on YouTube, etc. My current employer is a non-profit whose primary work is in tobacco cessation, both to the public and to train health care professionals. The nicotine is the VERY (much worse consequences than caffeine) addictive ingredient, and the tar is what does all of the damage to the lungs, heart, limbs, etc. Add smoking to another disease like diabetes, and the consequences are even more serious. I would say try the nicotine patches to gradually wean off of nicotine. I'm not familiar with electronic cigarettes, but anything is better than nothing. I think that with anything that is bad for you, education and will power have to trump addiction. Just think, most non-smokers would not date a smoker! wink

The risk of cancer and heart disease from smoking is just not worth it!

Apr 15th 2013 new

Thanks Dear James

I'm not heavy smoker, I smoke occasionally. But still I don't like to smoke at all.

The problem is that I have total control on my other emotions and temptations but when it comes to smoking I'm helpless! I say prayers for 3-4 hours to forget cigarettes but it's all the time in my mind!

Since last month I have been praying everyday to the Lord and St Rafael to show me a way to stop it, then last week I saw these E-Cigarrettes. I ordered them, waiting for delivery.

Updates will come step by step, when I try them.

Posts 1 - 10 of 56