Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Exactly Tom. I think the same way. As long as I'm attracted to the woman physically whether ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Exactly Tom. I think the same way. As long as I'm attracted to the woman physically whether she's taller, bigger or older the Catholic faith and morals is all I care about. But I think guys tend to think more openly than women these days. That's just my opinion.
--hide--

Let's go to Scenario Land Thrill Seekers! Where we will breath deeply the deep scent of magnolias and sip tea in the evening cool! We will use 2 couples for our scenario trip, (Disclaimer no couples were hurt in these tests as we adhere to the UN Scenario usage Treaty. Which everyone signed, No choice!") Couple one: Older Male By 15 years + Younger Woman + all major areas in common plus shared hobbey interests ;

Couple two: Younger Male + Older Woman By 15 years + all major areas in common plus shared hobbey interests;

Couple three: young male + young female + strong physical attraction, nothing in common.

The marriages go on for ten years and the world ends and all the couple die at the same time, does the age difference matter or was it better to be with someone for ten years of happiness and enter eternity with joy.

Or is it better to marry around the same age group so society won't point and giggle and be thoroughly miserable after the physical gloss has been worn off. Will society be the ones to accept responsibility for imposing rigid standards that ultimately make no sense?????

What would you choose to do if you were faced with a partner older by 15 years(Whatever) who was a perfect match with everything you were looking for in a spouse. Would you have the strength to give the bird to society and take the happiness or would you reject the chance and settle for younger and not so compatible???

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hi Marge, I would think table manners is actually normal to be picky about. I wouldn'...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Hi Marge,

I would think table manners is actually normal to be picky about. I wouldn't expect a woman to want to see me again if I ate like a caveman of burped out loud on a first dinner date. Lol. In my professional opinion, picky is not dating someone because they're too tall or too short or they're ten or even 15 years older or younger. Or because they grew up in an upper class family or middle class family. That's picky.
--hide--

When did you stop doing that Frank????? laughing laughing shhh party PacMan shocked

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Danielle-960603 said: I honestly was talking with a guy friend about this on Monday. I honestly don't think I...
(Quote) Danielle-960603 said:

I honestly was talking with a guy friend about this on Monday. I honestly don't think I'm picky. It's just for many of us, we don't want to waste our time. I know people tell me I'm young but I don't feel like I have time to "see if something works out" when I look at some one and they have distinct qualities with which I do not feel I can live. Plus, those qualities that I do not find attractive might be just what attracts someone else to that person.

--hide--

Yeah! Like a Wart Hog!! laughing

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: "Orthopraxy"?? What do dat mean?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

"Orthopraxy"??

What do dat mean?

--hide--

Emphasis on conduct both ethical and liturgical. Everything in its' place and a place for everything. Roughly speaking Marge.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I'm with you Mariette, I love my Latin Mass. However, I don't mind going Novus Ordo every once in a while, so to me, it is not a deal breaker. At my home Parish, when we have a visiting Priest saying the N.O. we always fumble in the worst manner with the responses.

Apr 13th 2013 new

me. If I weren't I'd be married by now!

Apr 13th 2013 new

Unless there are obvious, glaring conflicts of interest, I wouldn't say that I am too picky.

There are a lot of things that exasperate me though, like lying. I went on a date once with a guy from another dating site. His profile specifically stated "I want lots of children". Five minutes into the date (literally) he asks "So, what are your views on contraception"? Because that was a dealbreaker for him, yet he was well aware of my views on contraception.

Lying wastes my time and it makes me angry. When I pointed out that he was a lying snake and everyone turned around and looked, he was much more pleasant after that. Nothing like having to confront someone on the first date. I need to start a thread with all the dates gone wrong I have been on...

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jeff-703739 said: I used to be picky about trivial things such as hair color/length and eye color but as I got older...
(Quote) Jeff-703739 said:

I used to be picky about trivial things such as hair color/length and eye color but as I got older I began to become picky about morals and ideals a lot more. Anyone can dye their hair or grow their hair out or cut it short but ideals are very tough to change.

--hide--

Great response Jeff - Welcome to the Forums. biggrin Praying theheart

Apr 15th 2013 new

I know I've been too picky! This is why I'm single and on CM. wink

Apr 15th 2013 new
I am picky . This question remind me a men that i date like two years ago in a blind date i am very tall and he was 5'0.

When i saw him i said in my mind no way! weeping then we went to see a movie and we never call each other again.
Posts 51 - 60 of 61