Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Good morning! I have read those stories posted on the side panels here about all of those successful marriages of Catholics not previously married. I'm just curious how successful CM is for divorced catholics to remarry - it seems I've only read 1 story of such a success. Any input? Do people feel the divorced crowd is a bit more "resistant" to fall in love? Too independent? Too jaded? Too busy being parents? I'm optimistic but it seems more rare in general.............

Apr 13th 2013 new

A lot of the couples on my list in the Wedding Prep room are previously married.. The ones I keep in contact with are happy.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I don't know if you can share this - but of those, I'm just curious what percentage are long distance relationships? I've been pretty closed off to LDRs yet seems a lot of folks make them work on here.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: I don't know if you can share this - but of those, I'm just curious what percentage are long dis...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

I don't know if you can share this - but of those, I'm just curious what percentage are long distance relationships? I've been pretty closed off to LDRs yet seems a lot of folks make them work on here.

--hide--

All the LDR's on my list are indicated..

www.catholicmatch.com

Apr 14th 2013 new

GOOD Question! Caught my eye right away...I was beginning to think that the "never marrieds" had the edge. Okay, now for another twist, how about those with kids from first marriage?

Apr 14th 2013 new

Caroline, as a man, I can tell you that most men (even in LDR's) would be accepting of woman with children from a previous marriage. Afterall, it is not who planted the seed, but who cares for the tree that makes it grow tall and straight.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: All the LDR's on my list are indicated.. www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

All the LDR's on my list are indicated..

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Donna,

How are the divorced couples indicated - by the asterisks? I saw the list but didn't see a key per se.

Thanks!

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Good morning! I have read those stories posted on the side panels here about all of those success...

Good morning! I have read those stories posted on the side panels here about all of those successful marriages of Catholics not previously married. I'm just curious how successful CM is for divorced catholics to remarry - it seems I've only read 1 story of such a success. Any input? Do people feel the divorced crowd is a bit more "resistant" to fall in love? Too independent? Too jaded? Too busy being parents? I'm optimistic but it seems more rare in general.............

--hide--

Susie,

Hello to my neighbor in Fort Bend County.

I don't know the answer for divorced Catholics remarrying on this site. I would not think divorced people are resistant to falling in love. I feel it depends on one's age. In your age range, most women previously married probably have children for which they have custody or help provide support from the non-custodial parent. If both have minor children, it can be difficult to "merge" children from different parents. It may depend on the status of the relationship they have with their former spouses "post divorce". Also playing a major role is those who have/have not been annulled.

For my age group, the children most probably is non-existant or not as great an issue.

Donna from Indiana keeps us with who is pairing off with whom and their previous backgrounds if known. I am sure she may be able to provide information with more substance.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Donna, How are the divorced couples indicated - by the asterisk...

Donna,

How are the divorced couples indicated - by the asterisks? I saw the list but didn't see a key per se.

Thanks!

--hide--

A while back somone wanted to know if people with disabilities found success here.. The asterisks indicate that one of the parties had some kind of physical challenge.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: A while back somone wanted to know if people with disabilities found success here.. T...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

A while back somone wanted to know if people with disabilities found success here.. The asterisks indicate that one of the parties had some kind of physical challenge.

--hide--

I was actually keeping a handwritten list for a while, because I keep in contact with so many 'now married' CM'rs on Facebook. Everyone on my list are people I know personally, or they are people that were pointed out to me by people I know personally (Like someone may tell me about a family member who had success here.) I have never used the success stories to 'fill my list'. I wanted to keep it personal. So many leave when they get to the 'serious relationship' point. I have had people ask 'friends of friends' how to get in contact with me so their names can be added to my list. laughing Several times I have gotten emails (offsite and on FB) from people saying 'I am so and so and I just married my CM sweetie, can you add me to your list." My position as a moderator allows me to edit the list.

Posts 1 - 10 of 21