Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 14th 2013 new

Carol, you are right! An annulment will take many days of work, but that first one is a big one!

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's the whole point of declaration of nullity,to determine if it was valid from the beginn...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

That's the whole point of declaration of nullity,to determine if it was valid from the beginning.You can't say categorically all annulments are invalid.You might have a suspicion that some or even many may be invalid,but not all.

--hide--

Thanks, Bernard, for this statement. It's up to the Tribunal judges to make this decision, not those who are not privy to the private lives of the petitioners. There's so much information that needs to be gathered. What happens behind closed doors......

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-350522 said: Congratulations Margo! Yes, God has a great sense of humor. Rachel, when I started the pro...
(Quote) Maria-350522 said:

Congratulations Margo! Yes, God has a great sense of humor.

Rachel, when I started the process I was told that my ex did not have to agree on the anullment (like it happened even though he was already married), the Tribunal analyzes all answers from you, your ex, and witnesses. It is painful, but it's also a healing experience and once the marriage is annulled, for me at least, there were mixed feelings, sadness but a deep sense of peace. It was worth all the tears.

--hide--

Thanks for sharing, Maria! You get a Gold Star! rose

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: The tribunal's hand out annulments like candy so the "reason" for not filing shouldn...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

The tribunal's hand out annulments like candy so the "reason" for not filing shouldn't be "no grounds". My former spouse filed for an annulment and his grounds were that he never wanted children (we have 4). While we were dating he wrote me a letter (I still have the letter) in which he said he is looking forward to have many children with me after we marry. During the pre-cana classes we filled out a questionaire (the diocese has a copy) that asked if we were open to having children. He answered YES.

I am sorry but the catholic annulment is a joke. AMEN

--hide--

Joan, sorry that you had this experience. I don't agree that annulments are a joke because I believe the tribunals do take their jobs seriously in gathering evidence. You are certainly entitled to your opinion per your experience, however. theheart

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I agree Joan. John Paul II caught onto that and tried to put a stop to it. The Catholic annulment is the...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: I agree Joan. John Paul II caught onto that and tried to put a stop to it. The Catholic annulment is the new Catholic divorce and a loophole. It's pretty simple. If the marriage was valid from the beginning then it's valid. The eccliastical Freemasons in the Catholic church have been abusing the annulment process. Only a person who filed for an annulment will disagree with you.
--hide--

Frank, you are certainly entitled to your opinion but for many of us both the loss of our marriage and the annulment process is/was devastating. I struggled with both of them but I have decided to leave this up to God. Seeking a decree of nulity was by no means something I have taken lightly. I hope it's something you never have to go through and hope you can pray for those of us that have.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's the whole point of declaration of nullity,to determine if it was valid from t...

That's the whole point of declaration of nullity,to determine if it was valid from the beginning.You can't say categorically all annulments are invalid.You might have a suspicion that some or even many may be invalid,but not all.

--hide--

Very well said, Bernard. Thank you.

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's the whole point of declaration of nullity,to determine if it was valid from the begi...

--hide--

I think people should take an honest look at their situations and ask themselves if they are prepared to face Jesus on the day they die and tell him they were never married. I think we've become too focused our happiness/comfort in this world and not focused enough on eternity. I know with 100% certainty that I was never married and I'm sure there are many others who can say the same. But if you can't honestly say that then it's better not to divorce even if you have to live apart. Our time on earth is very short and there can be great merit in suffering if we do it correctly and unite it with Christ's.
Apr 14th 2013 new
And....I just noticed this is 45+ forum...sorry open mouth Off to leave unsolicited advice elsewhere. laughing
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: I know that there are people who either really don't understand why they should get an annulm...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

I know that there are people who either really don't understand why they should get an annulment first or they simply don't care. They need to get some sorth of advice from trustworthy sources before beginning this process.

--hide--

This is such a good point! I do wonder if people just don't know about the process and don't know where to ask questions. My parish priest told me that even though he has had parishioners who have received annulments, he really didn't feel he knew enough to advise me.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: This is such a good point! I do wonder if people just don't know about the p...
(Quote) Elizabeth-846499 said:

This is such a good point! I do wonder if people just don't know about the process and don't know where to ask questions. My parish priest told me that even though he has had parishioners who have received annulments, he really didn't feel he knew enough to advise me.

--hide--

Then the priest/pastor should know to direct them to the tribunal of the diocese/archdiocese!!!

Posts 41 - 50 of 58