Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and engaging. I wanted to make a move but was uncertain of her age. She looked to be in her mid-twenties, which is too young for me. I wanted to ask in case she was older than I thought, but I didn't and just left. So, my question is, do I ask her age or do I figure she's probably too young and that my instincts are serving me well? It seems like it comes off as creepy and that makes me think it might be.

Disclaimer: This thread isn't about how young is too young. I know there are some who wouldn't have an issue with a 40yo man dating a woman in her mid-twenties and would try to convince me that I need to expand my age range. It's too young for me and I'll leave it at that. This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you.

Apr 14th 2013 new
Dan number 1 I'd ask her if she had a profile on CM and start there. What's the point of asking a woman her age if she doesn't share the same views?
Apr 14th 2013 new

Good question. I have wondered the same thing before about guys I've met when out----nice, attractive---but I wondered how old they were---probably way too young for me, but I didn't really know how old they were. Do you ask? I guess my solution was to not ask unless they asked me out. Harder for you guys since you don't know whether to ask them out or not..very long? You are too young to have
I guess you could just casually bring it up in conversation----say something like... Have you worked here very long? And maybe something in her answer will give you some clues.... and lead to more conversation...

Apr 14th 2013 new

oops, I messed my previous answer up...sorry..
You could ask how long she's worked there and then maybe her answer will give clues and lead to more conversation.

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: Good question. I have wondered the same thing before about guys I've met when out----nice, attractive---bu...
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said:

Good question. I have wondered the same thing before about guys I've met when out----nice, attractive---but I wondered how old they were---probably way too young for me, but I didn't really know how old they were. Do you ask? I guess my solution was to not ask unless they asked me out. Harder for you guys since you don't know whether to ask them out or not..very long? You are too young to have
I guess you could just casually bring it up in conversation----say something like... Have you worked here very long? And maybe something in her answer will give you some clues.... and lead to more conversation...

--hide--

One woman asked me out one time and I asked her if she agrees with Jesus and Catholic teaching and she laughed at me and walked away. This is because we were in a secular environment. Same environment you're speaking about. So think about that. Unless you two were already discussing the faith.
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and eng...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

So, went out shopping last night and was checking out and I found the cashier to be rather cute, friendly and engaging. I wanted to make a move but was uncertain of her age. She looked to be in her mid-twenties, which is too young for me. I wanted to ask in case she was older than I thought, but I didn't and just left. So, my question is, do I ask her age or do I figure she's probably too young and that my instincts are serving me well? It seems like it comes off as creepy and that makes me think it might be.

Disclaimer: This thread isn't about how young is too young. I know there are some who wouldn't have an issue with a 40yo man dating a woman in her mid-twenties and would try to convince me that I need to expand my age range. It's too young for me and I'll leave it at that. This thread is about asking a stranger their age b/c I want to know if she is too young. Thank you.

--hide--

I would stick to trying to find someone through Catholic dating sites, church activities..etc. I work with the public and it makes me realllllly uncomfortable when customers flirt with me or ask me out. It's awkward because I feel like I have to be professional and polite and when I say no our future interactions then become awkward. The reason why I won't go out with them is always the same...I'm only looking for a strong Catholic. I can't really tell them that at work though. Let's say you do start dating this woman and she isn't Catholic. At some point doesn't it become a mistake because you don't share the faith? Or do you plan on converting her? That is dangerous too because then you don't know if they are sincere about their conversion. You should pray every day that God sends you a good Catholic wife. He will reward you for your patience and refusal to compromise.
Apr 14th 2013 new

If you think someone is too young they probably are.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Hi Dan wave smile

It's considered very impolite to ask a lady princess her age ... I wouldn't if I were you ... if you two seem to have a number of things in common (values, interests, etc.), then keep it going!

Good luck ... heart heartbeat

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Hi Dan It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I were you .....
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Hi Dan

It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I were you ... if you two seem to have a number of things in common (values, interests, etc.), then keep it going!

Good luck ...

--hide--

Hi MaryAlice, so how old are you? Lol. It's not impolite. How can that be impolite? Lol. Like he's not going to find out if they started dating. Lol!
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Hi Dan It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I were you .....
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Hi Dan

It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I were you ... if you two seem to have a number of things in common (values, interests, etc.), then keep it going!

Good luck ...

--hide--

Catholic Match asks everyone's age and so does every other dating site. Are they impolite?
Posts 1 - 10 of 142