Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) James-935720 said: most men (even in LDR's) would be accepting of woman with children from a previous marriage<...
(Quote) James-935720 said:

most men (even in LDR's) would be accepting of woman with children from a previous marriage

--hide--

So, I guess therein lies my biggest problem. It seems many (95%) of all the men's profiles that peak my interest are on the opposite COAST from me. The single parent of five does present major challenges to pursuing a relationship with someone who would love my family, because of the costs involved and the arrangements needed on my end for childcare even if I could afford to fly out to meet him in person.

Would love to see stats on that. Even one encouraging story of a Brady Bunch type that is also LDR. Anyone?

Apr 17th 2013 new

Well said James!

Blessings! Kim

Apr 20th 2013 new

This is a topic that has so many variables (the divorced couples). Kids, LDR, annulments, etc. I have my annulment and my son is 17, I work full time and find I throw myself into my work as there don't seem to be many in the same mindset or time to date/build, no annulment, etc. I have heard that on match they discuss it's a "numbers game" which initially I thought wasn't true but now I think in some regards it is - you have to put yourself out there to meet someone at the same point in life, same emotional point in life and time, location, etc. Last weekends gospel was the same one my priest has used to say as divorced catholics we need to "fish" to find our vocation - that God isn't going to throw that "perfect fish" on our boats - we need to throw the nets out and do things on our own as well. So, I try but I wonder (OK guys - please give your input) do I not put enough or too much in my profile? I am honest about who I am in words and pictures. Yet, I get a decent number of responses from guys who aren't active (which is pretty important to me - not a zealot but at least weekely mass attendance), guys too far and no means to meet, etc.

UGH! :)

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: So, I guess therein lies my biggest problem. It seems many (95%) of all the men's...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

So, I guess therein lies my biggest problem. It seems many (95%) of all the men's profiles that peak my interest are on the opposite COAST from me. The single parent of five does present major challenges to pursuing a relationship with someone who would love my family, because of the costs involved and the arrangements needed on my end for childcare even if I could afford to fly out to meet him in person.

Would love to see stats on that. Even one encouraging story of a Brady Bunch type that is also LDR. Anyone?

--hide--

Brett from Florida, widower with 5 kids married Marcy from Missouri divorced with 6 kids..(She moved)

Doug from CA (divorced) with 4 kids married Anne from Kentucky widow with 6 kids. (He and his kids moved.)

These are just two that come immediately to mind..If I went through my list I could find more.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: All the LDR's on my list are indicated.. http://www.catholicmatch.com...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

All the LDR's on my list are indicated..

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Wow, Donna. I just saw you list! How neat

biggrin
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: I don't know if you can share this - but of those, I'm just curious what percentage are l...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

I don't know if you can share this - but of those, I'm just curious what percentage are long distance relationships? I've been pretty closed off to LDRs yet seems a lot of folks make them work on here.

--hide--

Ah, a Lady who might consider a LDR... who lives close to my hometown. :-)

Okay, okay, my annulment's not QUITE complete... I'll behave...

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Brett from Florida, widower with 5 kids married Marcy from Missouri divorced with 6 k...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Brett from Florida, widower with 5 kids married Marcy from Missouri divorced with 6 kids..(She moved)

Doug from CA (divorced) with 4 kids married Anne from Kentucky widow with 6 kids. (He and his kids moved.)

These are just two that come immediately to mind..If I went through my list I could find more.

--hide--

Wow - they should all write a book on how to naviagte the LDR especially with kids!!! Thpose are impressive! I know even folks without kids who choose not to travel to meet a person and just want to languish on email. I'm so happy for them!! LDRs are tough though as the time and finances have to be compatibile for the potential to even occur.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-890857 said: Wow - they should all write a book on how to naviagte the LDR especially with k...
(Quote) Susie-890857 said:

Wow - they should all write a book on how to naviagte the LDR especially with kids!!!

--hide--

Agreed. I'd buy it.

I guess it's one of those things I'm not sure about yet. My first husband was the result of an LDR, and boy was I duped. Seriously gun-shy I am now. Especially since it wouldn't be just me I might have to uproot, but five children too. Of course, I could always just say I'm open to LDR as long as HE does all the traveling and moving. Maybe I'll start a new thread on that topic......LOL scratchchin laughing

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) James-935720 said: Caroline, as a man, I can tell you that most men (even in LDR's) would be accepting of woman ...
(Quote) James-935720 said:

Caroline, as a man, I can tell you that most men (even in LDR's) would be accepting of woman with children from a previous marriage. Afterall, it is not who planted the seed, but who cares for the tree that makes it grow tall and straight.

--hide--

James, what a beautiful sentiment re: "who planted the seed". I have never heard that before and I think I like it very much!

May 22nd 2013 new
Hiya..just wondering where this list is? Is it on FaceBook?
Posts 11 - 20 of 21