Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-924301 said: Joan, I agree it's true that some men fear strong, independent women, and seek out ...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

Joan, I agree it's true that some men fear strong, independent women, and seek out those who choose, for any of a number of reasons, to be dependent to a greater or lesser degree. It takes all kinds, and God made them all! There are also men who like strong women but would prefer to complement rather than compete with their partners. Might could be that your sister, perhaps unconsciously, puts a tad too much effort into proving she's the better man - and, from your description, she might well be!

I rather enjoy the company of a woman who takes care of herself with quiet confidence....and consider it quite a compliment when such a woman chooses my company. I'm sure I'm not the only guy like that.

--hide--

Yes, very likely. She works in a "mans's world" and is always having to prove that she can maintain her professional status as a woman with integrity (not sleeping around to get a promotion, which is VERY common). It is VERY difficult for a professional woman to move up on the career ladder without losing their integrity.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: Thanks for the feedback. I too lead a full life with a challenging job but I still feel like I&#...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I too lead a full life with a challenging job but I still feel like I'm missing something very important; marriage. I've always felt called to it and even though I feel frustrated, I've never given up hope....for some reason, I just can't stop hoping and praying. I guess I just don't want to feel like people who don't understand are judging me. Anyone have some good comeback comments that won't sound defensive?

--hide--
"Jesus was single, too. Would you have pestered Him with that question?"

Apr 16th 2013 new

biggrin

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: "Jesus was single, too. Would you have pestered Him with that question?"
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

"Jesus was single, too. Would you have pestered Him with that question?"

--hide--
Yay Ray biggrin

Apr 16th 2013 new
Always heard that "too picky" comment, even from my own family. kinda harsh for my ear, i'm only 30 this year ;p but everytime i pick up call from my aunts, they always respond with that comment for every argument why I'm still single.
Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Louise-877216 said: I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very o...
(Quote) Louise-877216 said:

I'm sure this topic has been covered in the past but I don't check out the forums very often so I'm going to bring it up again. For the last 10 years I've heard countless comments from people I work with and even some people from Church about my single status. They range from astonishment to suspicion. The most common thing people say to me is "your too picky!". The "picky" part is that I'm looking for a man who is a practicing Catholic who accepts all the the teachings of the Catholic Church. One guy at work even implied he thought I was gay! My older single sisters have experienced similar treatment. I've noticed that if your single but have been married than opinions are less harsh; they seem to get a "pass". This week I walked past a guy I work with as he was talking to a young gal about "fixing" her up. He stopped and said that I was single too. As usual she assumed I was divorced and looked shocked when I said I was never married. He jumped in with the "she's too picky" comment.

I know I shouldn't care what others think about me but I'm only human and really am starting to feel like others perceive me as some kind of social reject. Do guys get this kind of attitude too?

--hide--
Well Louise I am divorced and it is just as bad. Everyone thinks because you were married and that you are not you are looking for a new man. They want to give you suggestions. I don't like that at all. Divorce was painful and I am healing from it.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: That's hilarious!!!! Lol. How could you prove he was gay in the park and staring at you? Did...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

That's hilarious!!!! Lol. How could you prove he was gay in the park and staring at you? Did he have a half top shirt and Daisy dukes on? I see guys that could be gay looking at Frank-410833 and I just take it as a compliment not that I condone their gayness and that's even if they're truly a gay man satisfying their homosexual appetite. Maybe they should be like Jim Carrey on " In Living Color " the show he got his start on and be like "Hiiiii, I'm gaaaaay!" " Does it bother that a homosexual is talking to youuuu?" "Because I'm very gaaaaaay!" So unless that happens you never know.
--hide--

I was eating lunch in a park and he stopped his car directly across from me and started staring at me that's why I felt threatened. Men are more visual than women regarding sex; I wouldn't mind if a woman was looking at me. The police did start patroling that park and there was found to be homosexual activity there since it was later in the news that some were arrested for homosexual acts in the park.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I was eating lunch in a park and he stopped his car directly across from me and started ...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I was eating lunch in a park and he stopped his car directly across from me and started staring at me that's why I felt threatened. Men are more visual than women regarding sex; I wouldn't mind if a woman was looking at me. The police did start patroling that park and there was found to be homosexual activity there since it was later in the news that some were arrested for homosexual acts in the park.

--hide--

It's no fun and it's down-right uncomfortable and belittling to have someone look at you lustfully, hoping to get a piece of you, satisfy their lust using your body, reducing you to a thing, not a person.
Women get this often from men -- and men from gay men.
This is where rape can happen. This is where unwanted propositions happen. This is where there is little conscience stopping attacks.

Frank -- it is never a compliment to be ooggled like that, and it certainly is not funny.
Those of you who think Ronald was the one in the wrong are wrong yourselves.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Deviana-961863 said: ... but everytime i pick up call from my aunts, they always respond with that comment
(Quote) Deviana-961863 said: ... but everytime i pick up call from my aunts, they always respond with that comment
--hide--
So...why do you still pick up their calls?
Life is too short to deal with people whose conversation is not profitable.

Apr 16th 2013 new

MUCH better to be "picky", never married, and not in a marriage you'd like to get out of.

Be VERY selective in seeking a good potential as a spouse. Also be very careful in rejecting people. It's easy to reject someone whom later you'd wish you have given that person a chance.

I don't hear "so you're never married" anymore. I have heard "you're smart and not miserable like those who married not so well". However, I am still very alert in seeking a good, faith-filled woman. Sometimes, I notice them -- now it'd time to discern, discern, discern ...

Apr 16th 2013 new

Be VERY selective in seeking a good potential as a spouse. Also be very careful in rejecting

Well said Bob. That's why my profile is written the way it is. It's not for the thin-skinned or the harsh comment police. If someone thinks I'm harsh then to the curb with them. Lol.

Posts 31 - 40 of 103