Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Shrapnel with metal pieces like balls, nails, and bolts were included in big steel "Pressure Cooker" pots
and put inside black duffel bags to reek havoc at the Boston Marathon. This type of bomb
is considered unsophisticated, but is intended to cause maximum injury to people upon impact.

They call this type of bomb a homemade improvised explosive device and has been seen in many
attacks previously by Homeland Security. The parts could have been purchased in separate
places in small quantities so as to not cause suspicion. This makes it harder to trace.

Since there are no leads so far as to who is responsible for carrying out the attack, the authorities
are going to track the bomb parts that are recovered from the scene. They are even going to take
the shrapnel recovered from the victims in surgery to use.

It seems to me that this type of crime is hard to control. Vigilance will become necessary when
crowds have formed for an event. Boston will be on the minds of many of us from now on. The
innocence of everyday people in everyday situations can no longer be taken for granted.

Society is forever changed by Terrorism.

04/16/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Shrapnel with metal pieces like balls, nails, and bolts were included in big steel "Press...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Shrapnel with metal pieces like balls, nails, and bolts were included in big steel "Pressure Cooker" pots
and put inside black duffel bags to reek havoc at the Boston Marathon. This type of bomb
is considered unsophisticated, but is intended to cause maximum injury to people upon impact.

They call this type of bomb a homemade improvised explosive device and has been seen in many
attacks previously by Homeland Security. The parts could have been purchased in separate
places in small quantities so as to not cause suspicion. This makes it harder to trace.

Since there are no leads so far as to who is responsible for carrying out the attack, the authorities
are going to track the bomb parts that are recovered from the scene. They are even going to take

It seems to me that this type of crime is hard to control. Vigilance will become necessary when
crowds have formed for an event. Boston will be on the minds of many of us from now on. The
innocence of everyday people in everyday situations can no longer be taken for granted.

--hide--

What sort of "vigilance" do you have in mind?

04/16/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Shrapnel with metal pieces like balls, nails, and bolts were included in big steel "Press...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--

The evidence says Middle Eastern, but the noise from the media and the President's men is that they want it to be domestic so bad they can taste it. The media and the President's friends want to use it to make Obama look "presidential" and bump up his numbers, as well as to be able to crack down on conservatives and libertarians.

The investigation should be about justice, but already it's becoming about politics by other means.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: What sort of "vigilance" do you have in mind?
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

What sort of "vigilance" do you have in mind?

--hide--

Vigilance such as looking around for left backpacks on the ground.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The evidence says Middle Eastern, but the noise from the media and the President's ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The evidence says Middle Eastern, but the noise from the media and the President's men is that they want it to be domestic so bad they can taste it. The media and the President's friends want to use it to make Obama look "presidential" and bump up his numbers, as well as to be able to crack down on conservatives and libertarians.

The investigation should be about justice, but already it's becoming about politics by other means.

--hide--

Maybe Assad will get blamed? The establishment is aching for more bloodbaths.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Maybe Assad will get blamed? The establishment is aching for more bloodbaths.
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Maybe Assad will get blamed? The establishment is aching for more bloodbaths.

--hide--

Nah. This is about gun control and turning whatever other screws can be turned on the American people.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Nah. This is about gun control and turning whatever other screws can be turned on the Ame...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Nah. This is about gun control and turning whatever other screws can be turned on the American people.

--hide--

The question I have is whether some sort of civil war over gun-control is being fomented. There are these mass shootings. Then establishment figures come out in favor of gun laws. Sensing a crisis at hand, gun owners then besiege gun stores to buy more guns and ammo. People are being pumped up into a frenzy. Reminds me of the militia movement hysteria of the 90s surrounding the OKlahoma City bombing.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The question I have is whether some sort of civil war over gun-control is being foment...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The question I have is whether some sort of civil war over gun-control is being fomented. There are these mass shootings. Then establishment figures come out in favor of gun laws. Sensing a crisis at hand, gun owners then besiege gun stores to buy more guns and ammo. People are being pumped up into a frenzy. Reminds me of the militia movement hysteria of the 90s surrounding the OKlahoma City bombing.

--hide--

It is a sort of civil war that we have going on, even if we are not fighting each other in the street. Personally, I changed my
mind about gun control several years ago. I think minds are still being made up based on what is going on with this
Government. Also, posts on CM have helped me to make up my mind. Sides are being drawn on either side of the issue.

04/17/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The evidence says Middle Eastern, but the noise from the media and the President's ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

Now that the President was the recipient of a poisoned letter, and they had to evacuate a Federal Building in Boston today,
Obama must feel that it is domestic. He must also feel a bit insecure.

Obama milks every situation to get his point across.

04/19/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Nah. This is about gun control and turning whatever other screws can be turned on the Ame...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

--hide--

I have a hard time seeing this being about gun control. The (extremist) folks angry about gun control would probably cheerfully blow up a government target, but I don't see them hitting a bunch of athletes. If for the sake of argument we wanted to call this a "false flag" operation by the government (and I don't for one second think that it is), a gun control motive would really need to involve shooting up people with guns, not blowing them up with a bomb.

Posts 1 - 10 of 35