Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I imagine that would be the best possible outcome- purging the country of the Kim dynasy, and hop...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I imagine that would be the best possible outcome- purging the country of the Kim dynasy, and hoping the generals are rational enough to sit down with the South Koreans. On the other hand the Kim cult may be the only thing holding them together, like Yugoslavia's Tito during the cold war.

--hide--

I wouldn't worry about a Yugoslavia scenario here; you only have one significant ethnic group here. The various groups have been killing each other in what was Yugoslavia for so long that it was old news when Alexander the Great was a child.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: I wouldn't worry about a Yugoslavia scenario here; you only have one significant ethn...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

I wouldn't worry about a Yugoslavia scenario here; you only have one significant ethnic group here. The various groups have been killing each other in what was Yugoslavia for so long that it was old news when Alexander the Great was a child.

--hide--
John, you're right about that. I only meant that in the sense that Tito was a powerful dictator who kept his people in line by fear. There are better examples I know, but there could very well be struggles among the higher-ups if some "misfortune" was to happen to Kim Jong Un.

Apr 15th 2013 new

Secratary Of State John(Liveshot) Kerry is in South Korea this week.I wonder what he can do? scratchchin

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Secratary Of State John(Liveshot) Kerry is in South Korea this week.I wonder what he can do? ...
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Secratary Of State John(Liveshot) Kerry is in South Korea this week.I wonder what he can do?

--hide--

Try to figure out how to win another Purple Heart! Maybe for a real injury this time.

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Try to figure out how to win another Purple Heart! Maybe for a real injury this time....
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Try to figure out how to win another Purple Heart! Maybe for a real injury this time.

--hide--

Oh come on, Paul. One of them required a band aid.

Posts 11 - 15 of 15