Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This is an article for both women and men to read.

www.catholicnewsagency.com

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: This is an article for both women and men to read.www.catholicnewsagency.com.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

This is an article for both women and men to read.

www.catholicnewsagency.com

--hide--

Denise: That was a true article, but I feel the "War on Women" began when they told women they were no different than
men. That led to the fall of the Father figure and the minimalization of the male head of the family.

Women wanted to go to work and neglect their families. The pill gave them the sexual freedom of not having to worry
about getting pregnant, similar to irresponsible men. They wanted to fight in the military alongside men. (War is not
good for anyone. Imagine babies born from a woman with the trama of PTSD.)

And with both the Mom and Dad working, the family still does not earn as much as a one-household earner did
when I was growing up. Believe it or not, when I was growing up, and even the generations before that, felt
that it was an embarrassment to the male head of househole if the wife had to work. It meant that he was not
a good enough bread winner to take care of his family.

Now the mantra is that none of us have either enough money or enough time. Everyone is trying to catch up.

Apr 9th 2013 new

Hello Marianne - I believe what the article has to say and your point of view are correct.

Apr 11th 2013 new

For the most part, I think this article hits the nail on the head. I don't like this "right to choose" argument. The real choice is whether or not to choose chastity and only use intercourse the way it is meant to be used, within marriage to creat children.

But I also don't think that the only place for a woman is in the home (not saying that anyone is saying this or alluding to it). I think that women are more than capable of doing most jobs that men can do. I would like to see more femal politicians, doctors and CEOs. I'm a teacher in a Catholic school and I always tell my female students that they can be doctors, lawyers, or Prime Ministers. I think the whole "male as head of the family" thing is a cultural construct more than anything else. I don't want all the decisions for my future family to rest on my shoulders alone and I expect my future wife to do her fair share in paying the bills and working to support our family. My mother did this for years and daycare was one of the most fun times of my life. I got to know other children and build skills in social interraction.

Apr 11th 2013 new

I had no idea we were at war with women, but I surrender! Bow duck

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Denise: That was a true article, but I feel the "War on Women" began when th...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Denise: That was a true article, but I feel the "War on Women" began when they told women they were no different than
men. That led to the fall of the Father figure and the minimalization of the male head of the family.

Women wanted to go to work and neglect their families. The pill gave them the sexual freedom of not having to worry
about getting pregnant, similar to irresponsible men. They wanted to fight in the military alongside men. (War is not
good for anyone. Imagine babies born from a woman with the trama of PTSD.)

And with both the Mom and Dad working, the family still does not earn as much as a one-household earner did
when I was growing up. Believe it or not, when I was growing up, and even the generations before that, felt
that it was an embarrassment to the male head of househole if the wife had to work. It meant that he was not
a good enough bread winner to take care of his family.

Now the mantra is that none of us have either enough money or enough time. Everyone is trying to catch up.

--hide--

Feminism was just a ruse to get women out of the house and into the workforce (and paying taxes) while under the impression that such a feat was real progress. Sure, I believe in the advancement of women along with the advancement of man...in other words, the advancement of humanity. The past few decades have not seen progress for the vast majority of people.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) John-221057 said: For the most part, I think this article hits the nail on the head. I don't like this "rig...
(Quote) John-221057 said:

For the most part, I think this article hits the nail on the head. I don't like this "right to choose" argument. The real choice is whether or not to choose chastity and only use intercourse the way it is meant to be used, within marriage to creat children.

But I also don't think that the only place for a woman is in the home (not saying that anyone is saying this or alluding to it). I think that women are more than capable of doing most jobs that men can do. I would like to see more femal politicians, doctors and CEOs. I'm a teacher in a Catholic school and I always tell my female students that they can be doctors, lawyers, or Prime Ministers. I think the whole "male as head of the family" thing is a cultural construct more than anything else. I don't want all the decisions for my future family to rest on my shoulders alone and I expect my future wife to do her fair share in paying the bills and working to support our family. My mother did this for years and daycare was one of the most fun times of my life. I got to know other children and build skills in social interraction.

--hide--

I think the Catholic Church states that the male should be head of the house? If there is a male.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Feminism was just a ruse to get women out of the house and into the workforce (and pay...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Feminism was just a ruse to get women out of the house and into the workforce (and paying taxes) while under the impression that such a feat was real progress. Sure, I believe in the advancement of women along with the advancement of man...in other words, the advancement of humanity. The past few decades have not seen progress for the vast majority of people.

--hide--

Women got thrown into the workplace when "men were off to war," or when the industrial revolution started.

When men returned from war, they wanted their jobs back.

Now women work because one salary is not enough to support a family in the same style as it did years ago.

I think the Widow's and Pension Fund was established to help keep women in the home and take care of the
children if something happened to the Father. That is what I heard on the radio today.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8