This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.
Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More
Catholics alone did not get him back into the office, but it is a well known fact that a majority of Catholic VOTERS voted for Obama.
That is correct, no doubt, that Catholics alone did not do the deed, but we are such a huge voting bloc here in the United States.
Catholics may not have voted him in, although 53% of Catholic voters did vote for him. A large part of that 53% were Latinos who voted for him overwhelmingly.
But Cathoics, as a group, if they had voted in line with the Church's teachings, would have denied him the election.
We need to face the fact that most people who describe themselves as Catholic, really are not in proper union with the Church and should not call themselves Catholic. For far too many Catholics, being Catholic is more a cultural identity, similar to most Jews, than a true expression of their religious beliefs.
1. Create insecurity in the general populace in regards to public safety.
2. Create suspicion around groups you have targeted for removal.
3. Demonize the above group or groups.
4. Blame economic problems on selected group.
5 The general population will turn a blind eye or assist in the round up which will be lauded as a Patriotic thing to do.
6. Single out people that are burdens on society and promote the idea they are suffering and out of mercy they will be euthanased.
7. Money will be freed up, there will be more money to spend on a better lifestyle after the burden of maintaining the suffering has been addressed for their own good.
8. Religious groups other than Catholics will be the next to be targeted. God is not needed. Science and your Government will provide but total alligience to the Government would be the price.
9. Depends whether the group orchestrating the transformation is the Primary source for the take over or if a corporate blend of World Government is behind the push foreign troups would be used to shut down opposition
10. At some stage it will be necessary to remove guns from the citizens. This move makes an armed takeover far easier. Military don't like to face the situation of every house putting up fierce resistance with firearms. No guns equals low casualties for armed forces. It also increases the speed of the takeover and the deploying of enforcement troops as necessary.
The alienating process would be the first move for if you make a group look bad enough the people won't resist their removal. The citizens will ignore the round ups as they did in Germany. After all their only getting what they deserve. That's just a rough outline but you get the general idea. The Homosexual lobby will crank up the rhetoric against the Catholic Church. They will demonize the Church as evil and Homophobic and holding back medical advances and destroying the happiness of Gay couples by not allowing them to marry in Catholic Churches etc. etc.
you already have holding camps built in America with barb wire facing inwards to keep people in and not out. If you want locations go to ex Governor Jesse Ventura's Web site and you will find footage there of the locations amongst other weird things. He was a Navy Seal and still has close contacts. Your friend could get location links and use Google Earth to view the sites via Computer.
Con, you shold post this info on the gun control thread
Bl. John Henry Cardinal Newman's Apologia Pro Vita Sua is a model of how to respond charitably to falsehoods. And St. Thomas More, St. John the Baptist, and Sts. Peter and Paul will help us learn how to speak Truth to power, even when we would very much rather play it safe. The hard reality, I think, is that what we tell the world about Jesus' Church has never been popular--lessons we've all clearly learned in our own lives.
A practical tactic that I've found helpful: Joe Scheidler's Pro-Life Action League in Chicago publishes a wonderful little book called Sharing the Pro-Life Message that indexes all the pro-abortion arguments and the corresponding pro-life counter-arguments, exhaustively researched and footnoted. If you go to prayer vigils at abortion mills, you will be accosted and insulted, but the good news is (at least) threefold: 1) This is great practice in answering nastiness with love; 2) The "arguments" you will hear will almost always be the same tired, false, hard-hearted, illogical stuff--you'll very quickly become adept at swatting those arguments down; and, 3) You will be a vehicle for the Holy Spirit (I've witnessed miraculous turnarounds when speaking with people I never would have thought God could reach).
Beyond pro-life work, the Catechism of the Catholic Church is a treasure trove of the riches of our Faith. We have no idea of the inexhaustible bounty we're sitting on... If folks really understood Catholicism, they wouldn't hate it (unless they were actively Satanic, which is certainly a possibility). Every criticism, then, is really an invitation to evangelize. And the CCC is just waiting to be opened and shared.
I grew up in the Deep South (which I love), surrounded by fiery Baptists--not a single one who ever criticized my Catholicism had any idea what they were talking about, but that doesn't mean their ignorance has to be permanent... There are a lot of good, God-fearing Protestant Christians out there who deeply love Jesus--that means God's already done all the hard work for us, and they're probably more open to the Truth than they might realize.
Admonishing sinners, counseling the doubtful, instructing the ignorant, bearing wrongs patiently, and forgiving transgressions are all spiritual works of mercy. The Holy Spirit will give us the Grace to witness to God's unchanging Truth--and it will make us holy in the process!
Bl. Cardinal Newman, St. Thomas More, St. Peter, St. Paul, St. John the Baptist, St. Jerome, St. Irenaeus, St. Augustine, Ora Pro Nobis.