Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage:www.today.com

She is promoting her new book "My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life."

I am looking forward to reading this!

Apr 16th 2013 new
I know the guy who filmed this piece for Today. He showed us the finished product over the weekend and had some great anecdotes about the filming of this segment. It all happened on Kauai.
Apr 16th 2013 new

shocked faint

Sorry.

In the original, Brothers Grimm version of the story, the glass slipper doesn't fit, so one sister cuts off her big toe, and the other cuts off her heel....

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Sorry.In the original, Brothers Grimm version of the story, the glass slipper doe...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Sorry.

In the original, Brothers Grimm version of the story, the glass slipper doesn't fit, so one sister cuts off her big toe, and the other cuts off her heel....

--hide--

That definitely sounds like the Brothers Grimm style...

This one instead of cutting off body parts, it appears she is saying the fairy tale is unrealistic; that a true marriage includes some dying to self!

Apr 16th 2013 new

Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen.........

It is all about dying to one's self. Otherwise it is nothing at all but a monetary partnership.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen.........It is all about dying ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen, amen.........

It is all about dying to one's self. Otherwise it is nothing at all but a monetary partnership.

--hide--

EXACTLY!!

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/books/my-foot-too-big-glass-slipper-gabby-reece-unriddles-marriage-1C9310691

She is promoting her new book "My Foot Is Too Big for the Glass Slipper: A Guide to the Less Than Perfect Life."

--hide--

Oh, I am glad you posted about this! I found this www.theblaze.com link, lol, and was wondering what everyone thought of it. I think 'being submissive' is different in the secular world..many of the posters were saying, yes, women should be submissive, but men (husbands) have to be submissive to God..which is a greater burden. So, I am happy you said something! wink

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Here is the secular celebrity Gabrielle Reece speaking some common sense about Marriage//www.today.com/books/my-foot-too-big-glass-slipper-gabby-reece-unriddles-marriage-1C9310691

--hide--

I saw her in an interview the other night and I was so pleased to see it. What struck me the most is this: I choose to serve my family. This is the definition of submission I think, emptying ourselves of self in order to be able to serve with love. It does not in anyway make a person weak minded or weak spirited or oppressed. Subjugation is the forcible submission of another person to the dominance of the subjugator. Submission is a deliberate choice, a deliberate action of the one submitting. And, in this case, she very deliberately knows and states that she chooses to serve her husband and her family.

It takes faith and courage to make this choice. there is always the possibility that the one we choose to serve seeks to subjugate or disregards the gift he or she is being given. But, there is an even greater possibility that by the act of surrendering our will and self in order to serve will instead be a gift and an example to the object of our gift. In the interview I saw with both she and her husband, they didn't talk to him much about the situation or his thoughts on it, but I would suspect the surrender is mutual and the division of labor they have established which are very traditional provide mutual satisfaction for both of them.

I'm anxious to read this book as well.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Frankly, the idea of a glass slipper sounds horribly uncomfortable, not to mention a serious laceration hazard.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:.. that a true marriage includes some dying to self!
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:.. that a true marriage includes some dying to self!
--hide--
Absolutely correct!!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 31