Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Hyperlinks

Apr 16th 2013 new

Hello, I'm just wondering about a new change to CM. I noticed that everywhere all over CM some words have turned into hyperlinks. Why are these hyperlinks there now and what are they for? Just curious scratchchin

Apr 16th 2013 new

It sounds like you may have activated a setting in your browser. What types of things just turned into hyperlinks?

Apr 16th 2013 new

I'm only talking about Catholic Match. Everywhere I see random blue hyperlinks on random words. I see them in people's messages as well as blogs and they usually lead to advertisements associated with the word. It didn't used to be like that, but one day they were just there. You don't see what I see?

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-896770 said: I'm only talking about Catholic Match. Everywhere I see random blue hyperlinks on random words...
(Quote) Andy-896770 said:

I'm only talking about Catholic Match. Everywhere I see random blue hyperlinks on random words. I see them in people's messages as well as blogs and they usually lead to advertisements associated with the word. It didn't used to be like that, but one day they were just there. You don't see what I see?

--hide--

Andy, maybe in your next response you can include a hyperlink to where you saw one. That may help the Staff identify the potential problem a bit quicker. Thanks for keeping a watchful eye and communicating what you're seeing. Praying biggrin

Apr 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-896770 said: I'm only talking about Catholic Match. Everywhere I see random blue hyperlinks on random words...
(Quote) Andy-896770 said:

--hide--
Sorry you're having problems, Andy, but all I thought of when reading your post was......

The movie line...."I See Dead People". laughing embarassed

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Andy, maybe in your next response you can include a hyperlink to where you saw one. That ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Andy, maybe in your next response you can include a hyperlink to where you saw one. That may help the Staff identify the potential problem a bit quicker. Thanks for keeping a watchful eye and communicating what you're seeing.

--hide--

Dave, I see a hyperlink on this very page! The word "next" in your post is a hyperlink to an ad that says "you could win a free Walmart gift card!"

Apr 17th 2013 new

Have you installed any add-ons recently?

I'm on the hunt for some instructions to send you on how to disable the hyperlinks, but I'm not finding it as a browser feature.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Wait, after I made that previous post, the hyperlink on the word "next" in your post went away and instead, the phrase in my post "Walmart gift card" became a hyperlink.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Well, the only ad-on I installed was ad block plus, but that was yesterday and the hyperlinks have been there for at least 2 weeks.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Andy, I'm going to continue this with you via the private chat feature since this is an issue that is related directly to your browser.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13