Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.
Apr 17th 2013 new

Amen, Lisa, to find a man with that kind of devotion and humilty, who loves our Lady, I totally agree...bring him on!

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady...
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.
--hide--
Bravo!There are many more out there,it's just that most go to the Traditional Latin Masses,so you don't see that many in the Parishes.Eventually they discover the Old Latin Mass and leave their local Parish.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for m...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.

Bravo!There are many more out there,it's just that most go to the Traditional Latin Masses,so you don't see that many in the Parishes.Eventually they discover the Old Latin Mass and leave their local Parish.

--hide--
Toronto Traditional Mass Society www.unavocetoronto.blogspot.com

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Bravo!There are many more out there,it's just that most go to the Traditional Latin Masses,so...

--hide--

Spot on Bernard. There are many more out there. To hear of one so young showing devotion to our Lady made me hopeful.

Apr 17th 2013 new

We have no OLM but many young, older, middle men and women with deep devotion to Mary. It's a beautiful thing!

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Bravo!There are many more out there,it's just that most go to the Traditional Latin Masses,so...

--hide--

I would agree with this. Personally I'm fond of Our Lady of Lourdes, and hopefully I'll get to visit the shrine one day.

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady...
(Quote) Lisa-801067 said: I saw this young man today bow on both knees pray for more than a few minutes before a statue of Our Lady. I am not used to seeing this and my heart went to God "find me a man like that". He was younger than me for sure and modern looking. It was a surprise to see and it was a touch on my heart. If he loves Our Lady like that, I would think he would love a woman God puts in his life in the right way...Honored to have witnessed this. Men take note of this display of devotion and faithfulness, and this is a weekday not a Sunday that i saw him.
--hide--

That is what we all need. faint lovestruck! Blinded by love

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Amen, Lisa, to find a man with that kind of devotion and humilty, who loves our Lady, I totally agree...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Amen, Lisa, to find a man with that kind of devotion and humilty, who loves our Lady, I totally agree...bring him on!

--hide--

YES. that is usually what I pray for now. Loving Our Lady means a lot to me.

Apr 17th 2013 new
It is the men in my life that have taught me a devotion to Our Lady. Most of them are men that I have met through CatholicMatch. Some of them prefer the Traditional Latin Mass, but most of them prefer the Novus Ordo Mass. (I think that is just because of my own preferences, not because the devoted men can be found more in one over the other. Devotion to Our Lady seems to go hand in hand with devotion to the Eucharist and both are beautiful celebrations of the Eucharist.)

These men are younger and older, single and married. The main thing that sets them apart is their commitment to humility and obedience, two heroic virtues that are sorely lacking today. We would all do well to cultivate them. They make us more attractive because they bring glory to God. We become mirrors for God's glory when we submit to Him. Our Lady shows us how, and when we honor her we become more like her.
Posts 1 - 10 of 16