Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Writer's Block

Apr 16th 2013 new

I really don't know what category to place this topic under.

I have been having major writer's block and need some inspiration. I have to write an original fable. And I am totally brain dead for creativity these days. Anything I come up with has "Aesop" behind the scenes screaming, "I already wrote that one!" I need it to film a child and myself teaching a 20- minute lesson on the techniques I have learned in my graduate class. It is my final project. and it is due very, very soon. If I had to teach any fable, hands-down I'd ace it. But getting me to write a "moral of the story" kind of paper is not my strong point. I even asked my youngest son if he could think of stories that taught a lesson. And he just kept coming up with Disney movies like Finding Nemo. Great! Now I can't even invent one on disobeying your parents! irked

Thanks for reading my post. And Pray that the Holy Spirit inspire me before time runs out.

Helena

"I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." ~Albert Einstein

Apr 16th 2013 new

I'm not clear on whether you're making a film, or writing a short story, or writing a script? boggled

1. Any particular theme or lesson that you are required to present? Or one that you really prefer? scratchchin

2. Who is your audience?

3. Can you take Aesop and tell the story from a different point of view, or combine two stories? (There are no new stories, only new ways of telling them.)

4. A 20-minute lesson would be a 20 page script. That gives you loads of room for innovation.

Give me some detailed particulars; I'd be happy to help if I can.

Apr 17th 2013 new
What about deceiving your parents. Most fables have some level of deception. It seems a bit more subtle than disobeying them. Good luck
Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Helena-961554 said: I really don't know what category to place this topic under. I have been having major...
(Quote) Helena-961554 said:

I really don't know what category to place this topic under.

I have been having major writer's block and need some inspiration. I have to write an original fable. And I am totally brain dead for creativity these days. Anything I come up with has "Aesop" behind the scenes screaming, "I already wrote that one!" I need it to film a child and myself teaching a 20- minute lesson on the techniques I have learned in my graduate class. It is my final project. and it is due very, very soon. If I had to teach any fable, hands-down I'd ace it. But getting me to write a "moral of the story" kind of paper is not my strong point. I even asked my youngest son if he could think of stories that taught a lesson. And he just kept coming up with Disney movies like Finding Nemo. Great! Now I can't even invent one on disobeying your parents!

Thanks for reading my post. And Pray that the Holy Spirit inspire me before time runs out.

Helena

"I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn." ~Albert Einstein

--hide--

Hi Helena,

You may have already tried this but have you tried a brain storm?

What about texting and driving??? It is modern, appropriate and can be done very well. Or rejecting phone calls on the cell, from say your parents??

Or something about the harshness of words, or meeting an alien?

Remember that the conditions in a modern or a historic fable remain the same, so while the underlying conflict might be the same, the characters, situation and details can be very different, no matter what is written some version of it has been written before.

Apr 17th 2013 new

Thank You all so much. I have some good stuff to chew on now. Pray for me so that I don't quit from being overwhelmed.

God Bless you all.

Helena

Apr 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Helena-961554 said: Thank You all so much. I have some good stuff to chew on now. Pray for me so that I don't qu...
(Quote) Helena-961554 said:

Thank You all so much. I have some good stuff to chew on now. Pray for me so that I don't quit from being overwhelmed.

God Bless you all.

Helena

--hide--

Helena, you've got this :-)) Just take a deep breath, light a nice candle, maybe even take a warm bubble bath. I find my best ideas pop up when I am somehow incapacitated and away from pen and paper, like driving down the road or in the shower LOL. Prayers and hugs!! You will do fine!!

Apr 25th 2013 new

Hi Helena,

How is the writing coming along? Have you broken through the writer's block?

Cheryl Praying

Apr 26th 2013 new

Thank you all for the encouragement. And Cheryl, my prof gave me an extension until next week. I think I will have everything done by this weekend.

God Bless, Helena

Apr 27th 2013 new

I find my best ideas come first thing in the morning. I keep a tablet in my nightstand with a pen and the words and ideas seem to flow freely when the day, and my mind, is fresh.

Apr 27th 2013 new

thank you.

How do I close this thread?

Posts 1 - 10 of 13