Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Is it bad to look your age? scratchchin Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have to say I am guilty of being totally flattered whenever anyone says I look a lot younger than my age. Why does it matter?

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Leticia-318974 said: Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have t...
(Quote) Leticia-318974 said:

Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have to say I am guilty of being totally flattered whenever anyone says I look a lot younger than my age. Why does it matter?

--hide--

Hi Leticia,

No, it isn't bad to look your age, unless you look like me tongue

Seriously, the answer is no.

James ☺

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Leticia-318974 said: Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have t...

Is it bad to look your age? Is there something wrong with wrinkles and silver hair? I am have to say I am guilty of being totally flattered whenever anyone says I look a lot younger than my age. Why does it matter?

--hide--

I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The perception is that if you look younger you probably take better care of yourself. I've heard how you look and feel about yourself affects your outlook and how you sometimes come across to others. smile thumbsup two cents

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The percep...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The perception is that if you look younger you probably take better care of yourself. I've heard how you look and feel about yourself affects your outlook and how you sometimes come across to others.

--hide--
<<------How "Young" does she look? (There's only correct answer to this question!!) laughing wink

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: <<------How "Young" does she look? (There's only correct answer to this quest...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

<<------How "Young" does she look? (There's only correct answer to this question!!)

--hide--
Only *ONE* correct answer!!

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: (Quote) Leticia-318974 said: Is it bad to look your age? Is there something...

Quote:
Leticia-318974 said:

I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The perception is that if you look younger you probably take better care of yourself. I've heard how you look and feel about yourself affects your outlook and how you sometimes come across to others.

--hide--

Hi Dave et alia,

Oh boy! Someone (a honcho, no less) agrees with me!

laughing

James ☺

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I agree with James, however it doesn't hurt to look younger than your age. The percep...

--hide--

I agree with you there, genetics are a beautiful thing as well...I'm 50, dang proud with it, I have salt and pepper hair and no issues with it although I'm constantly asked, 'why don't you color your hair' my reply, 'I won't be a slave to my roots (as a woman it drives me nuts to see women not keep up their hair color and they sport 2 inch roots!..but that's just me) We should just be comfortable in our own skin no matter how old we are...ironically, I've seen and met folks from here who are one age but act, MUCH OLDER (and not in a good way! LOL)

04/18/2013 new

In general, no, but it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

If you are still looking for a man, who is still looking for someone to by his children's mother, then I would suggest trying to look younger than your age (once you reach a certain age).

As men are primarily visual in their intital response to a woman, if you "read" old or older or not as young as they "think" their woman needs to be, well, you are going to be passed by in all likelihood.

So it's up to you--if a woman does not have marraige still as a goal, then I say look your age, and to heck with it.

But if you are still "in the hunt", my advice is look and appear and seem as young as you can!

We have the rest of our lives to "let it all hang out" but until then my advice is to fight it all the way!

04/18/2013 new

I think it's worse to ACT your age. tongue

04/18/2013 new

--hide--

I am attracted to women, not girls.

Look your age, earn those wrinkles, build some character.

(just don't look like James wink )

BTW, the greatest makeup in the world is a smile.

Posts 1 - 10 of 46