Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I have encountered so many posts asking about the annulment process.

This list is what I've received with the questionnaires and couple documents to sign, after I filed for annulment.

The time periods and process are as follows:

Petition: Initial Letter Sent to Respondent- 30 days to respond.

Setting Grounds: 15 days before date for setting Grounds of the Case (Joinder of Issues)

Notification of Grounds: 10 days for both Parties to appeal Grounds.

Publication of Acts: 15 days for both Parties to come to the Tribunal Office to review what

testimony is in Acts, if either party desires.

Advocate: 30 days for each Advocate to write Brief.

Defender of Bond: 30 days for Defender of Sacrament of Marriage to write Animadversions.

Judge: 30 days to decide and write Sentence.

Notification of Decision: Both the Petitioner & the Respondent must be Notified of the Decision.

Each has 15 days to lodge and objection to the Decision.

If Decision is affirmative, each Party has 15 days to lodge an Appeal

against it.

If Decision is Negative (not proven), each Party has 15 days to lodge and

Appeal against that Decision.

Send to Appellate Tribunal: If No Appeal is filed. Sentence and Animadversions are sent to the

Appellate Tribunal, 30 days after notification has been sent to the Parties

Appellate Tribunal: 30 days to confirm the Affirmative Decision,

or to ask for the Acts of the Case,

or to remand the Case back to First Instance.

New-marriage is possible: After two Affirmative Decisions even if appealed to the Holy See

TKC rose

Therese
04/14/2013 new

Therese,

You outline the process in great detail. Thanks for putting so much time & effort into doing this. You get a Gold Star! rose So many people have asked these questions.

However, I just would like to add that the time period may differ from diocese to diocese. The process may also to some extent. The cost varies as well, but it is wise to remember that talking to the tribunal staff will help modify the payments in many instances.

There may be Annulment Information sessions offered by the local diocese/archdiocese. I know this has been the case in Indianapolis in the past. I think Joliet diocese has offered help as well.

So to all potential petitioners: Go to your tribunal for specifics!

04/17/2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Therese, You outline the process in great detail. Thanks for putting so much time & eff...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Therese,

You outline the process in great detail. Thanks for putting so much time & effort into doing this. So many people have asked these questions.

However, I just would like to add that the time period may differ from diocese to diocese. The process may also to some extent. The cost varies as well, but it is wise to remember that talking to the tribunal staff will help modify the payments in many instances.

There may be Annulment Information sessions offered by the local diocese/archdiocese. I know this has been the case in Indianapolis in the past. I think Joliet diocese has offered help as well.

So to all potential petitioners: Go to your tribunal for specifics!

--hide--

Thank you for sharing Carol! I know it is a subject that interests a lot of members. I shared the documents that i have and anyone who has any additional information, is more than welcome to share theheart

With God's blessings

TKC rose

Therese
04/17/2013 new

Therese, wave

Do you know what happens if I don't know where my X is? He owes so many people he got lost and thats been at least 12 years. shhh
Thanks.

Sincerely,

Michele theheart

04/18/2013 new
...reviewing what testimony is in the acts.' I was asked if I wanted my statements to be confidential and if my spouse chose that too, then what would we review? Thanks for all this information.
04/18/2013 new

Therese,

In my Archdiocese, since my former spouse did not respond or participate in the process, she was and never would be allowed to view my petition or those of the witnesses.

My original petition was denied. I could not get but two witnesses and those two did everything but answer what was being asked. It was a struggle after that but I would not give up. Eighteen months later, my petition was finally approved locally and regionally.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

04/18/2013 new

I am going through an annulment process and I thought that it was simple, but I know better now. I needed this post. I don't know how you did this work, but I do hope my "thanks" will do you for this information.

04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: ...reviewing what testimony is in the acts.' I was asked if I wanted my statements to be confidential and if my ...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: ...reviewing what testimony is in the acts.' I was asked if I wanted my statements to be confidential and if my spouse chose that too, then what would we review? Thanks for all this information.
--hide--

to elaborate on my question, if my spouse checked his 'confidential' and I did too and so did the witnesses, then what would happen at the 'publishing'? I guess there wouldn't be anything for us to review?
04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Michele-733455 said: Therese, Do you know what happens if I don't know where my X is? He owes so many peopl...
(Quote) Michele-733455 said:

Therese,

Do you know what happens if I don't know where my X is? He owes so many people he got lost and thats been at least 12 years.
Thanks.

Sincerely,

Michele

--hide--

Hello Michele heart

To file for annulment the essential things that you need are to:

-Provide the Civil Divorce documents signed by the judge.

-Answer "The Petitioner's Preliminary Questionnaire" (around 100 questions)

-Supply 3 witnesses. (Family members and close friends make the best witnesses) Make sure they are present and willing to witness.(my witnesses were out of USA they contacted them by phone)

-Provide the Baptism certificates for you and your spouse (if you know the church where he was baptized you can contact them and they will send you his baptism certificate)

They will ask also for the address, email address, and phone number of both you and your spouse(since your spouse is missing you can provide his last known address if different than yours)

When you have all your documents and witnesses ready everything should be fine.

In your case, the ground of annulment could be "Abandonment" .

With God's blessings theheart

TKC rose

Therese
04/18/2013 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: to elaborate on my question, if my spouse checked his 'confidential' and I did too and so did the wi...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

to elaborate on my question, if my spouse checked his 'confidential' and I did too and so did the witnesses, then what would happen at the 'publishing'? I guess there wouldn't be anything for us to review?
--hide--

Hello Meg,

When both parties appeal the ground of annulment then they need to go to the Tribunal Office to review what testimony is in Acts. It is not related to any confidential information. Your privacy, your spouse privacy as well as the witnesses are protected. They said if you desire to go, you can just get it through the phone.

Sincerely

Therese
Posts 1 - 10 of 65