Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

04/19/2013 new

I just wanted to say that you are so much help, and have such a positive attitude that I had to check out you profile. I was happy to see that things do work out for you, and I hope it will be that way always. :)

Apr 19 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Hello Meg, When both parties appeal the ground of annulment then they need to go to th...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Hello Meg,

When both parties appeal the ground of annulment then they need to go to the Tribunal Office to review what testimony is in Acts. It is not related to any confidential information. Your privacy, your spouse privacy as well as the witnesses are protected. They said if you desire to go, you can just get it through the phone.

Sincerely

Therese
--hide--

In my archdiosese, the testimony could be reviewed at either the Tribunal Office or at my parish. This is extremely helpful to know for working people who may not be able to get away during the day to go to the Tribunal Office. Also, distance can be a factor. During part of the process, it was much more convienent for me to make an appointment with my pastor to review the documents in the evening at the parish office.

I hope this option is available to others!

Apr 19 new

Therese:
I am very grateful for all your generous contribution.
May you blessed everyday. Praying

Apr 19 new
(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Therese,In my Archdiocese, since my former spouse did not respond or participate in the process, she wa...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Therese,

In my Archdiocese, since my former spouse did not respond or participate in the process, she was and never would be allowed to view my petition or those of the witnesses.

My original petition was denied. I could not get but two witnesses and those two did everything but answer what was being asked. It was a struggle after that but I would not give up. Eighteen months later, my petition was finally approved locally and regionally.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Hello Leon,

Wow that was a long struggle for you, good that it is over now heart

The Tribunal keeps your privacy, if you requested it, as well as the witnesses' privacy. But "in accordance with norms of the Code of Canon Law fro the Eastern Catholic Churches and also of the Code of Canon Law for the Latin Church, the Respondent has the right to know that the marriage has been challenged in the Church Tribunal, namely, that something was possibly wrong with this marriage from its inception according too the teaching of the Catholic Church

Thus a letter will be sent to the Respondent by the Tribunal informing him/her of the petition. "

TKC rose

Therese
Apr 19 new
(Quote) Lamont-961776 said: I am going through an annulment process and I thought that it was simple, but I know better now. I needed thi...
(Quote) Lamont-961776 said:

I am going through an annulment process and I thought that it was simple, but I know better now. I needed this post. I don't know how you did this work, but I do hope my "thanks" will do you for this information.

--hide--

Hello Lamont,

I am glad that my post was helpful for you. IMO the annulment should be a long process, for the importance that the marriage has in our Church. and in the eyes of God!
Apr 19 new
(Quote) Lamont-961776 said: I just wanted to say that you are so much help, and have such a positive attitude that I had to check out you ...
(Quote) Lamont-961776 said:

I just wanted to say that you are so much help, and have such a positive attitude that I had to check out you profile. I was happy to see that things do work out for you, and I hope it will be that way always. :)

--hide--

Thank you Lamont for your nice words. I hope things work for you as well and your annulment will be finalized soon.

All in God's hands theheart
Apr 19 new
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Hello Meg, When both parties appeal the ground of annulment then they need to go to the ...

Hello Meg,

When both parties appeal the ground of annulment then they need to go to the Tribunal Office to review what testimony is in Acts. It is not related to any confidential information. Your privacy, your spouse privacy as well as the witnesses are protected. They said if you desire to go, you can just get it through the phone.

Sincerely

Therese
--hide--

I found more details about the Publication of the Acts

When all of the testimony has been collected, the Acts, or evidence, are published. This does not mean that they are open to the public domain. Rather, the Petitioner and Respondent have the right to read all of the acts gathered regarding this case. If there is a question of confidentiality, the person's name on the testimony may be removed. But in order for testimony to be used by the judge(s) in reaching a final decision, the witness must allow both of the parties to read it.

Hope these informations was helpful hug

TKC rose

Therese
Apr 19 new
Thank you very much, Therese. hug
Apr 19 new

clap

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Therese,In my Archdiocese, since my former sp...
Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Therese,

In my Archdiocese, since my former spouse did not respond or participate in the process, she was and never would be allowed to view my petition or those of the witnesses.

My original petition was denied. I could not get but two witnesses and those two did everything but answer what was being asked. It was a struggle after that but I would not give up. Eighteen months later, my petition was finally approved locally and regionally.

Blessings,

Leon

Hello Leon,

Wow that was a long struggle for you, good that it is over now

The Tribunal keeps your privacy, if you requested it, as well as the witnesses' privacy. But "in accordance with norms of the Code of Canon Law fro the Eastern Catholic Churches and also of the Code of Canon Law for the Latin Church, the Respondent has the right to know that the marriage has been challenged in the Church Tribunal, namely, that something was possibly wrong with this marriage from its inception according too the teaching of the Catholic Church

Thus a letter will be sent to the Respondent by the Tribunal informing him/her of the petition. "

TKC

Therese
--hide--

Therese,

Yes, you are correct. They informed my spouse of the original request, she received a copy of the original denial and subsequent approval. My former spouse did not even respond to the Tribunal letting them know she would not respond. After a period of time (I forget the length) the Tribunal then presumes the respondent will not cooperate. It is a policy of my local Tribunal if a respondent does not participate, he/she is neverallowed to read the petitioner's information or those of the witnesses no matter if I allowed her to do so. That is not an option here. Whether that policy is in conflict with church or canon law, I do not know.

Please correct any information I submitted as I know many people are reading your thread.

By the way, you provided an excellent time-line to assist those thinking to initiate the process or is in process. clap That took some time to "think out" each process.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Apr 19 new
(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Therese,Yes, you are correct. They informed my spouse of the original request, she received a ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Therese,

Yes, you are correct. They informed my spouse of the original request, she received a copy of the original denial and subsequent approval. My former spouse did not even respond to the Tribunal letting them know she would not respond. After a period of time (I forget the length) the Tribunal then presumes the respondent will not cooperate. It is a policy of my local Tribunal if a respondent does not participate, he/she is neverallowed to read the petitioner's information or those of the witnesses no matter if I allowed her to do so. That is not an option here. Whether that policy is in conflict with church or canon law, I do not know.

Please correct any information I submitted as I know many people are reading your thread.

By the way, you provided an excellent time-line to assist those thinking to initiate the process or is in process. That took some time to "think out" each process.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

That is what I am not clear on except maybe Therese, you answered it. My spouse did respond with his paperwork. He checked 'confidential' and so did I and so it was explained to me we would not see each other's statements. Whether or not I can see the witnesses' statements I do not know. Perhaps they can be read without their names on the statements however it would not be hard to figure out who wrote what so that is a little confusing. I am the one requesting the annulment, by the way. I also wonder whether he will be allowed to read the witnesses' "anonymous" statements? Maybe this does vary from diocese to diocese.
Posts 11 - 20 of 65