Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

www.usatoday.com

This might be interesting to those of us who have been watching the Boston area terrorist situation.

They are using the word "ethnic muslim" lately. Not sure why a muslim would be ethnic. I thought it
was a religion.

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: www.usatoday.com mig...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

www.usatoday.com

This might be interesting to those of us who have been watching the Boston area terrorist situation.

They are using the word "ethnic muslim" lately. Not sure why a muslim would be ethnic. I thought it
was a religion.

--hide--
Thanks, Marianne.

"U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report that a group of 25 Chechen terrorists illegally entered the United States from Mexico in July."

www.washingtontimes.com
Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne. "U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report th...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Thanks, Marianne.

"U.S. security officials are investigating a recent intelligence report that a group of 25 Chechen terrorists illegally entered the United States from Mexico in July."

www.washingtontimes.com
--hide--

shocked NOT good. But thanks for the info, Mary. If I remember right I believe Chechen terrorists did some pretty awful things in Russia a few years ago.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/19/russia-chechnya-terror-caucasus/2095995/

www.usatoday.com

was a religion.

--hide--
Media used the same "ethnic cleansing" label to describe the mass slaughter of Bosnian Muslims by the Serbian military, when they are all ethnic Europeans. You are right, in the case of Chechens their differences are not ethnic but religious. Like Christians, Muslims include all races.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/04/19/russia-chechnya-terror-caucasus/2095995/

www.usatoday.com

was a religion.

--hide--

Hi Marianne et alia,

There is a story afloat that even though these two guys and their family are from Chechnya, they are originally from Kyrgyzstan.

You have to wonder, what was going through these guy's heads?

As an aside to a dismal and shocking story, I wonder how many Americans could find Chechnya or Kyrgyzstan on a map? Bonus points awarded for spelling Kyrgyzstan correctly.

James ☺

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Marianne et alia,There is a story afloat that even though these two guys and th...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Marianne et alia,

There is a story afloat that even though these two guys and their family are from Chechnya, they are originally from Kyrgyzstan.

As an aside to a dismal and shocking story, I wonder how many Americans could find Chechnya or Kyrgyzstan on a map? Bonus points awarded for spelling Kyrgyzstan correctly.

James ☺

--hide--

Its true and was a result of Russian forced migration of Chechnians under Stalin. They represented a real problem to Stalin so by forcing them elsewhere, he kind of "pulled the teeth" of the rebellian.

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Marianne et alia,There is a story afloat that even though these two guys and th...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Marianne et alia,

James ☺

--hide--

Its true and was a result of Russian forced migration of Chechnians under Stalin. They represented a real problem to Stalin so by forcing them elsewhere, he kind of "pulled the teeth" of the rebellian.

Apr 20th 2013 new
I studied Chechnya in college. I contacted by professor who taught me today, and he says the secular Chechen separatist movement is dead. All that remains is the fanatical jihadist movement there.
Apr 20th 2013 new
This is interesting...scratchchin

Obama thanks Putin for help in Boston

"President Obama thanked President Putin for those sentiments, and praised the close cooperation that the United States has received from Russia on counter-terrorism, including in the wake of the Boston attack," the statement said. "The two leaders agreed to continue our cooperation on counter-terrorism and security issues going forward."

thecable.foreignpolicy.com
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I studied Chechnya in college. I contacted by professor who taught me today, and he says the secular Chec...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I studied Chechnya in college. I contacted by professor who taught me today, and he says the secular Chechen separatist movement is dead. All that remains is the fanatical jihadist movement there.
--hide--

That is very eerie, John. Thanks for posting your well researched answer from your professor.

The Uncle of the boys said he was told that an Armenian Muslim was influencing the older brother very much. And the
wrestling coach of the older brother said that several years ago, all the older brother began talking about was religion
and injustice.

It seems the older brother was schooled in jihad, but in this country.

Posts 1 - 10 of 34