Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

If you read a profile that includes mention that a Catholic-Match member is a regular and enthusiastic participant in a sport you don't play, how do you proceed if everything else seems desirable and welcoming?

Wondering whether punting will lead to the stunting of my grow, scratchchin shhh

John

04/20/2013 new

Its a sport.

If someone wants to fob off a perfectlly good Catholic match because of a sport, then the person doing the fobbing needs a whack upside the head and a reality check.

I'm amazed some people get so worked up over such petty differences such as one watching lots of TV and the other not, or one loving rugby and the other cricket.

Worry if the other likes burrying puppies alive not whether they play a heap of a particular sport.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Its a sport. If someone wants to fob off a perfectly good Catholic match because of a spor...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Its a sport.

If someone wants to fob off a perfectly good Catholic match because of a sport, then the person doing the fobbing needs a whack upside the head and a reality check.

I'm amazed some people get so worked up over such petty differences such as one watching lots of TV and the other not, or one loving rugby and the other cricket.

Worry if the other likes burying puppies alive not whether they play a heap of a particular sport.

--hide--
Thanks, but I've heard that the Aussie cricketer who always gets a duck has been out of luck in his attempts to find a woman here to cook it. eyepopping

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: if everything else seems desirable and welcoming?Wondering whether punting will lead to th...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

if everything else seems desirable and welcoming?

Wondering whether punting will lead to the stunting of my grow,

John

--hide--

'I shouldn't be up at this hour of the morning.. so anything i say can't be used ....' I would take a casual interest but readily support my Partner. Praying biggrin

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: 'I shouldn't be up at this hour of the morning.. so anything i say can't be used ....&...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

'I shouldn't be up at this hour of the morning.. so anything i say can't be used ....' I would take a casual interest but readily support my Partner.

--hide--
Your choice are two: to be a Bat Boy or to be a Bad Boy. Just hope she can whip up some good batter. cool

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Thanks, but I've heard that the Aussie cricketer who always gets a duck has been out of luck in his a...
(Quote) John-184825 said: Thanks, but I've heard that the Aussie cricketer who always gets a duck has been out of luck in his attempts to find a woman here to cook it.
--hide--

Where? Where is that guy? I can cook duck - 27 ways.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm amazed some people get so worked up over such petty differences such as one watching lots of TV ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm amazed some people get so worked up over such petty differences such as one watching lots of TV and the other not, or one loving rugby and the other cricket.
--hide--

Basically. I know everyone has their "deal-breakers" but it seems to me that there are more important things to consider when deciding if you want to contact someone.

I think maybe some of us over-scrutinize profiles for the things that perhaps aren't that critical for choosing a potential spouse...I doubt that anyone in real life, would just get up and walk away if the other person said s/he was a huge sports fan LOL. I guess the online format makes it easier to do such silliness.

04/20/2013 new

John, why are you always looking for excuses to cross someone off your list?

So...she plays a sport that you don't. Big deal. Probably you have a hobby she doesn't share. SO WHAT?

Half the fun of playing golf is telling someone afterwards how you did the dogleg in four. wink

04/20/2013 new

Running seems to be very popular among most of the women on CM. I'm not sure if it is necessarily a sport, an activity or exercise. All I do know is that my 4th grade P.E. teacher would force us to run laps. I would run so hard that I would develop abdominal cramps. From that young age, I was taught that I hate running.

I would be proud to have a girfriend who is into running. I would hope she would be accepting of aversion to running. I can run but I just don't enjoy doing it. I probably would not be the best running partner but I would support her 100% if she decided to run in running events or marathons.

04/20/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:Where? Where is that guy? I can cook duck - 27 ways.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Where? Where is that guy? I can cook duck - 27 ways.

--hide--
If you also have to pluck the duck, will that get you down?

Actually in cricket a "duck" is the batsman's being out without a run, one of the most humiliating performances in the game; that is, a "duck" means the cricketer has cooked his goose early on. smile

Posts 1 - 10 of 37