Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

because you felt like the person was not a good match for you but maybe for someone else?
If you have and want to share (and I know these pairings can border on nightmarish to FUNNY to bizarre)
please do.
Just why did you pair them?
And what was the result?
This should be fun~

I'll start with a good one: Because my company did business with this lady's company I knew her fairly well But at the time I was married. But I KNEW my best friend might be a good match for her.
So I introduced the two. They went out...had a great time and "hit it off"
That was 12 or 13 years ago......
They now have been married over 11 years!

Apr 20th 2013 new

A CMer had a series of Matches based on knowledge she obtained from reading Posts.

Once I was Matched w/ an ex-CM CT woman 26-years younger. We never F2F but she said she had no problem w/ the age difference.

Another was w/ an ex-CM CA woman 33-years younger. She and I wrote similar Posts and I became very attracted to her. We also never F2F, but in a running dialog in a CM Topic she got big-time laughs when she said she wanted to meet a man closer to her age than to her Father's age. She then said I was older than her Father.

She and I used to CM email each other, and I think she's a Class Act. Would I meet her for a Dinner Date? Is the Pope a Catholic?

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: A CMer had a series of Matches based on knowledge she obtained from reading Posts. Once I was...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

A CMer had a series of Matches based on knowledge she obtained from reading Posts.

Once I was Matched w/ an ex-CM CT woman 26-years younger. We never F2F but she said she had no problem w/ the age difference.

Another was w/ an ex-CM CA woman 33-years younger. She and I wrote similar Posts and I became very attracted to her. We also never F2F, but in a running dialog in a CM Topic she got big-time laughs when she said she wanted to meet a man closer to her age than to her Father's age. She then said I was older than her Father.

She and I used to CM email each other, and I think she's a Class Act. Would I meet her for a Dinner Date? Is the Pope a Catholic?

--hide--
Thanks for posting Bob. Now that IS very interesting! So.....have you EVER met someone who you thought more suitable for a friend?
Doesn't have to be so much an age-thing as maybe they were possibly more compatible with someone else.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thanks for posting Bob. Now that IS very interesting! So.....have you EVER met someone who you thought more sui...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Thanks for posting Bob. Now that IS very interesting! So.....have you EVER met someone who you thought more suitable for a friend?
Doesn't have to be so much an age-thing as maybe they were possibly more compatible with someone else.

--hide--

Hi Jerry. Where have you been? Can I jump in here even if it was the other way around?

This happened a long time ago but we have laughed about it whenever the subject comes up.

My sister was dating this guy at the bank where she worked. He had a friend that wanted to

double date so my sister did her magic or at least she thought so. It was a disaster on the dance

floor. I would tell you all the details as it was quite an experience but definitely not a love connection!

Just recently, her husband thought he was matchmaker. He belongs to a cigar club (I never knew they existed) and he had a friend there who was catholic and wanted to meet a nice catholic girl. We all went out to dinner. He asked us all where we had lived and when we asked him, he was very evasive.

My sister and I just looked at each other with our non-verbal communication trying to steer the conversation back, doing our Columbo impersonations to no avail. We went back to their house and had dessert and we felt like he was an FBI agent looking for info but withholding it. Needless to say, again no love connection but it was an interesting evening.

How many characters do I have left Jerry?
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Hi Jerry. Where have you been? Can I jump in here even if it was the other way around? ...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Hi Jerry. Where have you been? Can I jump in here even if it was the other way around?

This happened a long time ago but we have laughed about it whenever the subject comes up.

My sister was dating this guy at the bank where she worked. He had a friend that wanted to

double date so my sister did her magic or at least she thought so. It was a disaster on the dance

floor. I would tell you all the details as it was quite an experience but definitely not a love connection!

Just recently, her husband thought he was matchmaker. He belongs to a cigar club (I never knew they existed) and he had a friend there who was catholic and wanted to meet a nice catholic girl. We all went out to dinner. He asked us all where we had lived and when we asked him, he was very evasive.

My sister and I just looked at each other with our non-verbal communication trying to steer the conversation back, doing our Columbo impersonations to no avail. We went back to their house and had dessert and we felt like he was an FBI agent looking for info but withholding it. Needless to say, again no love connection but it was an interesting evening.

How many characters do I have left Jerry?
--hide--
I don't know....how many have you been out with? laughing Jk! If you mean "characters" as within the post just make another post. And NO I don't mind at all if it is/was the "other way around" Though quite possibly this subject has been covered in other threads. Makes for a more interesting story though.....

Apr 20th 2013 new

Here is one which did not turn out so well involving another good friend.

When I WAS single....perhaps 21 I went out with a young lady who I worked at the same place with....but on another floor. (my ex-wife worked on another floor as well...and I had my eye on her to go out with)
This lady was nice-enough....but somehow things just didn't "click" So my friend "C" was not seeing anyone and I set him up. Their date went well enough and they became exclusive. He married her within a year.
That proved to be disastrous. Oops! It was 40 years ago....and this same friend has not re-married. And, he still teases me about "messing up his life"!
Oh well.....

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thanks for posting Bob. Now that IS very interesting! So.....have you EVER met someone who you th...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

--hide--

Jerry - I have several local ladyfriends from their 20s-to-70s. No local Love Connection though.

3 years ago, as a Contractor, I had strong friendships w/ 2 women both 38-years younger. The friendships developed from working w/ them.

Apr 20th 2013 new

I've had a few successes with matchmaking attempts,, some right here on CM. biggrin

One couple met when I invited each of them to a small dinner gathering in San Diego. I only knew them from CM communications, had never actually met either of them myself, but I really liked what I knew about both of them. Being in the right mindset to meet people, they both joined us even though they didn't know anyone else there ahead of time - this was the first 'event' for each of them. They met, began dating, and never looked back - been happily married 3+ years now. lovestruck!

(This is where I put in a plug for folks to ATTEND CM GATHERINGS and actually MEET people IRL!) laughing wink

Apr 20th 2013 new

Just thought of another one - this one was kind of funny as it was happening -

In my late 20's I had a male friend I hung out with. We were never more than friends (never felt a romantic connection) but we thought a lot of each other and had fun together. (We were each other's 'corporate dates' for business functions if neither of us was actually 'dating' anyone else.) I actually spotted his now-wife in a blues bar when we were there listening to some good music together. I have no idea why - but I just felt she'd be a good match for him. I went up and introduced myself, talked a bit, brought her over to meet Tom........and while at first he wanted to wring my neck for putting them both on the spot...... that's all it took. They married about a year later and had two handsome sons. heart Sometimes you just have to go with those gut feelings. laughing

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: I've had a few successes with matchmaking attempts,, some right here on CM. One couple ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

I've had a few successes with matchmaking attempts,, some right here on CM.

One couple met when I invited each of them to a small dinner gathering in San Diego. I only knew them from CM communications, had never actually met either of them myself, but I really liked what I knew about both of them. Being in the right mindset to meet people, they both joined us even though they didn't know anyone else there ahead of time - this was the first 'event' for each of them. They met, began dating, and never looked back - been happily married 3+ years now.

(This is where I put in a plug for folks to ATTEND CM GATHERINGS and actually MEET people IRL!)

--hide--
Mary, the CM gatherings are a blast for anyone wanting to attend. Even smaller gatherings are great. But you say "a few" meaning plural....any more to share? That by the way is a good story......

Posts 1 - 10 of 73