Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

An Easy Guide to Online Dating

Jan 30th 2013 new

CatholicMatchs guide to online dating will answer some of your most fundamental questions, address some of the more common objections, and encourage you to take a closer look at a tool that has benefited the lives of thousands of single Catholics.

www.catholicmatch.com

7/19/14: New link to the CM Online Dating Guide: www.catholicmatch.com

Feb 2nd 2013 new

can't say I agree with all of it but it has some very good stuff in it! thanks

Feb 6th 2013 new
Why?:)
Feb 7th 2013 new

Nicely done!

Feb 16th 2013 new

Thank you. That really did offer several tidbits of useful information.

Feb 19th 2013 new

Yes, very useful. It's good to have more background about the person before meeting. I like how these are tools are to help us. It can be a bit overwhelming to go out and try to find the right person.

Feb 28th 2013 new

just wondering.... I subscribed to this website a few months ago. I know how important it is to share the same faith and beliefs. I have had only 2 'matches' on this site. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 24th 2013 new

Good read. Helps me feel more comfortable with the site and utilize it more often. Thanks!

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Peg-814300 said: I have had only 2 'matches' on this site. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be g...
(Quote) Peg-814300 said:

I have had only 2 'matches' on this site. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--hide--

Hi Peg - I've been on since January 1 and kind of felt the same way for a while. The first thing I realized was that my search was too picky! It took some real thought on my part to change it up a bit: how far am I willing to travel to just meet someone? am I really only looking for people within 2-3 years of my age? am I okay with him having kids too?

I also realized that doing several different kinds of searches and giving them specific titles helps. Posting frequently on forums helps get views to your profile as well. As far as actual "matches" - I'm a little slim myself on those. And then I read their profile and think, "Why in the heck did CM match me with him?!?!" Remember it's a computer. I'm now using the site to just have lots of conversations with lots of different people, and letting God figure out the match part in His perfect timing. Less stress for me.

God bless your search!

Jun 12th 2013 new
(quote) Caroline-930073 said: Hi Peg - I've been on since January 1 and kind of felt the same way for a while. The first thing I realized was that my search was too picky! It took some real thought on my part to change it up a bit: how far am I willing to travel to just meet someone? am I really only looking for people within 2-3 years of my age? am I okay with him having kids too? I also realized that doing several different kinds of searches and giving them specific titles helps. Posting frequently on forums helps get views to your profile as well. As far as actual "matches" - I'm a little slim myself on those. And then I read their profile and think, "Why in the heck did CM match me with him?!?!" Remember it's a computer. I'm now using the site to just have lots of conversations with lots of different people, and letting God figure out the match part in His perfect timing. Less stress for me. God bless your search!
Ditto.
Posts 1 - 10 of 51