Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

this may be the key to men finally understanding women!

Sorry if this has been a topic before.

From the male perspective he seems to have absolutely nothing going for him.

04/21/2013 new

For a long time I thought he was a she.

I think it has something to do with him, in girly form, appearing sexually non-threatening. It lulls young girls into a false sense of security about his intentions. How can someone with no facial hair, a gender neutral hair cut and very straight-up-down body form be threatening? It inspires a mentality about the innocent friendship with a boy being more inviting to young girls than the obviously sexual nature of a looming man with a full beard and built like a brick out house.

Of course, when they spout on about marrying him, I think its coming from that very childlike and navie concept of marriage being flowers and princes and towers of ivory.

04/21/2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: For a long time I thought he was a she. I think it has something to do with him, in girly ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

For a long time I thought he was a she.

I think it has something to do with him, in girly form, appearing sexually non-threatening. It lulls young girls into a false sense of security about his intentions. How can someone with no facial hair, a gender neutral hair cut and very straight-up-down body form be threatening? It inspires a mentality about the innocent friendship with a boy being more inviting to young girls than the obviously sexual nature of a looming man with a full beard and built like a brick out house.

Of course, when they spout on about marrying him, I think its coming from that very childlike and navie concept of marriage being flowers and princes and towers of ivory.

--hide--

Why thank you, Naomi. That was exactly the type of post I was looking for.

04/21/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: this may be the key to men finally understanding women!Sorry if this has been a topic before...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--
Who Cares?

04/21/2013 new

He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. My mom's a middle school teacher and she said even a lot of her middle school girls are disgusted that they thought he was all that not so long ago.

I never got into the whole music "babe", as it were, when I was that age (or any age as of yet, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't enlighten you. :(

04/21/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Who Cares?
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Who Cares?

--hide--

Who cares about understanding women?

Who cares about Justin Bieber?

Or who cares, lets go have a beer?

04/21/2013 new

(Quote) Alex-928670 said: He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. M...
(Quote) Alex-928670 said:

He's popular among "young women"? I thought it was more of the tween-teen age set. My mom's a middle school teacher and she said even a lot of her middle school girls are disgusted that they thought he was all that not so long ago.

I never got into the whole music "babe", as it were, when I was that age (or any age as of yet, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't enlighten you. :(

--hide--

You are trying to give me a headache aren't you, Alex! Don't make old men think so hard, to me young women means anyone between about 10 years old and 40 years old!!

04/22/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: this may be the key to men finally understanding women!Sorry if this has been a topic before...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

--hide--

I'm not a "Belieber" but here is my take , beause I was a New Kids On The Block fan (well I still am biggrin)

They're cute, they can sing and they can dance. It didn't take much for pubescent me back then.

04/22/2013 new

... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..

it is all about happy and fun living on the lighter side of life..

wink

04/22/2013 new

(Quote) Camille-167932 said: ... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..it is all about happy and fu...
(Quote) Camille-167932 said:

... because he is cute, young, entertaining and energetic..

it is all about happy and fun living on the lighter side of life..

--hide--

Then why was Kurt Cobain so popular? Hehe.

Posts 1 - 10 of 41